Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can dreams sometimes be visions of the future

As a Matter of Fact

About a few years later after 9-11 I had a visit from a cousin of mine. We were never really close. Maybe seen him a few times when our families got together when we were very young. Well we started talking about 9-11 and he had told me of a dream he had. He said that when he was about eleven years old he had several recurring dreams of two identical buildings being struck by planes and eventually falling onto the ground. He said he had that dream a few times when he was eleven and never forgotten about it. He bought this to my attention in regards to 9-11. He is convinced that he had some how had a vision of the future or some how through the status of being a sleep had access to some type of portal that showed a particular event in the future.

So I'd like to know (I really don't have knowledge in this area as far as dreams goes) if there are any possibilities of such a thing as what my cousin experienced can hold any truth as far as some dreams revealing a possible future event.

Thanks

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• As a Matter of Fact

• Enigmatic Ghost

• Nik Xues

• TigerBright19

Some people do have dreams of disasters. No one can tell if those dreams are going to become future events until after something happens.

I have also heard that sometimes people do have visions or dreams of the future. I wonder how it may feel to them when they see it happen in reality. :unsure2:

It feels like dude ive done this before. and before you know it your acting it out perfectly the only difference is you have no clue what to do after the feeling fades.

I had a dream about a plane crashing into the ocean. woke up and on the news that morning "chinese airliner lost at sea"

Prophecy cannot prevent the future but only prepare one for what will happen.

Yes I have dreams of the Future and none of which I can share, but they are very true to life although Simplistic in Nature, but like I said I have to decline explaining using my Dreams as reference as they are still unfolding.

Pavot

I just found it very interesting that my cousin dream or vision was so real to him at that young age. Yet what he saw came true.

It lead me to think that perhaps there is more going on in the world than we take for granted. And perhaps if some people can indeed somehow see into the future tells me that maybe that is a message from something else that we are not paying attention to. (Just my observation.) : )

I have had dreams of the future. Some I have changed, some I could not. And quite frankly I find it terrifing are there any informitive sites any one knows about?

I've had dreams of plane crashes and train derailments, within weeks/months of these dreams planes and trains did crash round the world but there is no way to tell which ones were in my dream. I personally think its all just a coincidence, we dream about some weird stuff, when something then happens similar to the dreams people immediately think that it was what they have dreamed, but no its just a coincidence.

my whole family has dreams that come to pass a lot. both dreams and daydream that come to us.

for instance just last november I was at Disney land with my children and my Mom and 3 little sisters. one of my sisters put her arm out in the water on splash mountain I actually seen in my mind her fingers getting torn off.

I yelled at her and said get your fingers in her before you cut them off. after that I had the strangest feeling come over me and I told my mom something is wrong. what I seen was too real. so we sat the kids down and explained to them how dangerous hanging your hands out of a ride could be thinking that perhaps it was just a warning. This happened at 10:30 pm

early the next morning we got a phone call from my sister telling me that my little brother was in the hospital he had gotten his fingers caught in a machine at work and that three of them had been torn off.

this happened at 12:35 his time which would have been 10:35 California Time right after I seen someone loose their fingers in my mind. now when ever we have a daydream or a dream at night over danger in our family we have all learned to call eachother and tell them to be safe we never tell them why as we don't want to put out for it. but we do tell each other to be safe.

many other things have happened like this in our family. there has not been a time I can think of that me and my sister in law both have a dream about a plane crash that the next day there is a plane crash.

and my little brother that lost his fingers dreams of tornado's in Fact the tornado that hit Salt Lake City a few years ago he was actually laughed at when he told some friend that a tornado was going to hit Salt Lake and sure enough two days later it hit.

it is a very strange thing and sometimes not very fun. but I'm finding out a lot of people have these dreams I know of two people out side of my family that dreamed about 9-11.

my sister in law and I both dreamed about planes crashing all over the east but not about how they crashed.

It seems to be a strange question because I would have gussed the answer

Thanks

B???

About a few years later after 9-11 I had a visit from a cousin of mine. We were never really close. Maybe seen him a few times when our families got together when we were very young. Well we started talking about 9-11 and he had told me of a dream he had. He said that when he was about eleven years old he had several recurring dreams of two identical buildings being struck by planes and eventually falling onto the ground. He said he had that dream a few times when he was eleven and never forgotten about it. He bought this to my attention in regards to 9-11. He is convinced that he had some how had a vision of the future or some how through the status of being a sleep had access to some type of portal that showed a particular event in the future.

So I'd like to know (I really don't have knowledge in this area as far as dreams goes) if there are any possibilities of such a thing as what my cousin experienced can hold any truth as far as some dreams revealing a possible future event.

Thanks

Wow, that was phenomenal, I have had numerous Dreams and Visions and a lot of them came true except ONE, well I was just about 5 years old and dreamt of a man in a soldier's uniform and we were waltzing and upon staring into each other's eyes, it was true love. I didn't even know anything about dancing or love as a child, anyways, then I was in my late 30's and a man prophesied that I would in my Future marry a man world reknown, and since then many other prophets say the very same things and then I had a series of ALL these DREAMs, just after I asked God to show me who he was, I was 42 yrs. @ the time, and he showed me, and even in the Dream, I said, "Who HIM???" and someone kept on saying, "Yes, he's the one", well since then I actually thought it was too out there, you know, so married someone else and then just before this last marriage of 12 years ended, for an entire 2 years, I had a series of Dreams about this man and felt as though I had know him forever..., in one Dream, we were on an escalator near the ocean and he came down the stairs and greeted me with a kiss and hug and said, "Oh, I'm going to Surprise You" and I thought maybe he was going to take me on a Cruise, also I had this Dream that I was given a huge boquet of Red Roses and I was in front of a long winding stairway, and viewed a burgandy long dress on each stair ... thinking these people are very rich or royal and noticed the girls who I thought were Bridesmaids had no flowers ... so gave them each 1 out of my Boquet and travelled up the stairway, got half way up and thought, "Mmmmnn, will I have one left for myself, so made the decision to go on giving them all a Rose regardless... got to the top of the Staircase and had EXACTLY ONE RED ROSE left for myself, then I jumped up and down and was soooo HAPPY and CONTENT!!! Not knowing then that my Italian husband's last name meant "Stairway" and NOW I believe I WILL MEET MY ONE TRUE LOVE, as I am @ the end of that marriage, and the ROSE - MEANS TRUE LOVE! Also, I was driving down the road a week ago and heard this voice coming straight through my Heart - Saying that I WILL MEET HIM NOW!! So, I have to BELIEVE that I WILL MEET HIM and I DO KNOW who HE IS and I WILL say 'I DO" for POSITIVE KNOWING that HE is " MY DESTINY" and now if He is reading this, "You've GOT MAIL" I live in Birch Bay and walk my Apricot Poodle "PRINCE" on the Beach occasionally, in front of the Beach House Golf Course Restaurant, and oh how I wish to meet you now, maybe you could create some movie seeking actress extras withing 5 years of your age and seek to find me, here in Birch Bay by the "Lighthouse ...Park and "C" Shop Road, waiting for the "Final Curtain" like Josephine searching for Napolean - for the reason of "Destiny"!!!

It's funny that I should view this topic today; my mom often has dreams that come to pass, and she mentioned one today. Her dreams tend to be about more personal matters, as opposed to worldwide incidents. Anyway, I'm a college student, and last night I drove to the mall with some friends. As I approached a bridge which I have to drive over, there were chair cushions in the road that had fallen off of someone's car. They were easy enough to avoid, and non one got hurt, but anyway, my mom visited me today and mentioned that she had a dream in which I was driving over a bridge and had to avoid some furniture that was in the road. She didn't know I was going to the mall, so even though it was a really small incident, it's bizarre that it came true.

The future is not set. People have this thing called power of choice. It adds randomness to the future. Add in probability, and the future becomes so randomized that when people do see the future, they're only seeing a possible future. No one can 100% predict the future because of this. But they can give a probable outcome give current variable. I person who can truly see the future will have to determine what they to be either more or less probable than other visions. Yes, dreams can see the future, but only a possible one. :tu:

Thanks

I dont know so much if they could be of the "future"...that IS changable.... however they could be visions of "something" not of this "time or place"....

blessings

Wow, that was phenomenal, I have had numerous Dreams and Visions and a lot of them came true except ONE, well I was just about 5 years old and dreamt of a man in a soldier's uniform and we were waltzing and upon staring into each other's eyes, it was true love. I didn't even know anything about dancing or love as a child, anyways, then I was in my late 30's and a man prophesied that I would in my Future marry a man world reknown, and since then many other prophets say the very same things and then I had a series of ALL these DREAMs, just after I asked God to show me who he was, I was 42 yrs. @ the time, and he showed me, and even in the Dream, I said, "Who HIM???" and someone kept on saying, "Yes, he's the one", well since then I actually thought it was too out there, you know, so married someone else and then just before this last marriage of 12 years ended, for an entire 2 years, I had a series of Dreams about this man and felt as though I had know him forever..., in one Dream, we were on an escalator near the ocean and he came down the stairs and greeted me with a kiss and hug and said, "Oh, I'm going to Surprise You" and I thought maybe he was going to take me on a Cruise, also I had this Dream that I was given a huge boquet of Red Roses and I was in front of a long winding stairway, and viewed a burgandy long dress on each stair ... thinking these people are very rich or royal and noticed the girls who I thought were Bridesmaids had no flowers ... so gave them each 1 out of my Boquet and travelled up the stairway, got half way up and thought, "Mmmmnn, will I have one left for myself, so made the decision to go on giving them all a Rose regardless... got to the top of the Staircase and had EXACTLY ONE RED ROSE left for myself, then I jumped up and down and was soooo HAPPY and CONTENT!!! Not knowing then that my Italian husband's last name meant "Stairway" and NOW I believe I WILL MEET MY ONE TRUE LOVE, as I am @ the end of that marriage, and the ROSE - MEANS TRUE LOVE! Also, I was driving down the road a week ago and heard this voice coming straight through my Heart - Saying that I WILL MEET HIM NOW!! So, I have to BELIEVE that I WILL MEET HIM and I DO KNOW who HE IS and I WILL say 'I DO" for POSITIVE KNOWING that HE is " MY DESTINY" and now if He is reading this, "You've GOT MAIL" I live in Birch Bay and walk my Apricot Poodle "PRINCE" on the Beach occasionally, in front of the Beach House Golf Course Restaurant, and oh how I wish to meet you now, maybe you could create some movie seeking actress extras withing 5 years of your age and seek to find me, here in Birch Bay by the "Lighthouse ...Park and "C" Shop Road, waiting for the "Final Curtain" like Josephine searching for Napolean - for the reason of "Destiny"!!!

I hope you meet your destiny. : )

• 2 months later...
I have also heard that sometimes people do have visions or dreams of the future. I wonder how it may feel to them when they see it happen in reality. :unsure2:

It's really scary the first time it happens but after you get use to it, it becomes part of your routine. When I first started having dreams come true I would always wake up thinking "OH...NO...NOT AGAIN" but I soon realised that it was helpful. I was able to prepare myself for something bad to happen that way it wouldn't be as big of a shock for me as everyone else. Now if I catch it fast enough I try to change what happens and sometimes it works and others it doesn't. Some time's it happens so frequently that I have to stop what I'm doing and ask someone if something similar has happened.

I just found it very interesting that my cousin dream or vision was so real to him at that young age. Yet what he saw came true.

It lead me to think that perhaps there is more going on in the world than we take for granted. And perhaps if some people can indeed somehow see into the future tells me that maybe that is a message from something else that we are not paying attention to. (Just my observation.) : )

That is strange. It may be a possibilty that he had a dream of something similiar and then when that tragedy happened, inadvertantly made a stronger connection than there actually was. I mean to a degree, dreams can seem predictive when we dream about our fears and thoughts we have during consciousness and then the things that we were hoping/fearing that were happen....do. Our dreams come out of random images and ideas in our subconscious... if we know our car is lemon when we drive in it and fear that it will cause us to crash or break down then we dream about it....just b/c it does happen doesnt necessarily mean we predicted it. But on the other hand, we use such a small percentage of our brain, who isn't to say that there's a portion in there with heightened sense of events?

I do not believe people can dream of the future...

I do however believe dreams are left very vaguely in your memory, and when you see something happen..it almost fills in the gaps that you could not remember, making you believe you dreamed of that event.

If yours cousin saw buildings falling, he may not of dreams of those specific buildings...but when he saw it happen his memory filled them in, and he remembers that he saw those EXACT buildings fall..

Just a theory :)

• 2 weeks later...

Dreaming of the future is a possibility, yes, because I know that it can happen. I have had some dreams about things that either came true afterwards or were changed very slightly. I shall share one dream with you:

Someone dear to me was in trouble, deep trouble. He died.

A very standard dream. Well, after that, I mother had brought me out to eat one day. It had been the best day of school in my life that day until that time. After we were served our food, my mother said that she had something she needed to tell me, but she said nothing after that. Her eyes were sad and they began to water. I stared at her for a time, and KNEW what had happened.

"He's dead, isn't he," I finally had said after a minute of silence. I thought of that dear person of mine from the dream.

"Yes," my mother had replied and we both broke down in tears. The best day had turned to the worst. :no:

The person we had known well had suddenly died of a heart attack a couple of days before Mom had told me. He wasn't very old either....

• 9 years later...

I had a dream about the world ending 

I was inside my house and I was using my iPad and when I used the iPad I felt nervous it was night or day and I wanted to walk just to calm me down and I was crying and I talked to my mother and the other countries were flooded and decimated and there were very few countries and then an alert said that something is coming maybe an aster Nibiru or a superflare that will kill us all and people started screaming and they were burning I got the feeling that I was going to die, it felt a little real and one thing I don't understand is before I woke up I heard a man I didn't understand it. 

And the dream kinda worries me 

Because there are hurricanes and some cities in the US are now flooded I fear that this dream might be a vision I will hope for the best, just wait if it happens

On 3/26/2009 at 11:31 AM, As a Matter of Fact said:

Thanks

More than likely he created the memory of that dream after seeing the event unfold.

I dreamt about a car speeding and crashing inside a tunnel.  Two days later Princess Diana was killed in a car crash inside a tunnel.  I also dreamt about two ships colliding with each other.  One of the ships was a SeaCat ferry.  The next day it was reported on the news that two ships had collided with each other and one of them was the same SeaCat ferry in my dream.  One of my favourite TV sitcoms many years ago was 'Father Ted'.  One of the characters was called Father Jack and he always used to say "feck off".  One night I had a dream and it only lasted a few seconds before I woke up in the morning.  It was Father Jack and he looked right at me and said "feck off".  He did that in one of the episodes at the end before the credits rolled up.  When I woke up I discovered later that day that the actor had passed away that same morning.

Has anyone dreamt of somebody and discovered they had passed away that night / morning?