Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did the Africans discover the Americas first?

Triniant

Did the Africans discover the America's first? I know there are a lot of arguments (pro and con) regarding the subject. I just wanted to see what thoughts were floating around here.

If true, it would answer some questions revolving around the development of the native peoples. Subjects such as: societies, religions, rituals, language and architecture among others. Maybe that is why they were advanced for their time or what about the connection with the ancient Egyptians?

Some discoveries of the Veracruz Coast point in that direction, like the Olmec heads, the remains of what appears to be African, and the language that was spoken. All this 3,000 years ago, 1200-300 B.C.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Triniant

• joc

• man_in_mudboots

• The Proposer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im starting to research the distribution of domestic cattle through history,wher they originated from and there distribution doesnt seem to tally with our idea of history or who intermingled with whom

the truth is that irish monks found it first. in the very early medieval period, just after christianity had gotten a foothold, monks were constantly trying to find ways to sacrifice (or give up) everything. i mean, they would go all out! they found the absolute best way to do this was to exile themselves to a remote island, leave everything they brought in a boat, and then push the boat out to sea. they literally gave up every thing except the clothes on their back. of course, there were only so many islands on the european coast the could go, so they slowly moved out to iceland, greenland, and eventuall america. when leaf ericsson land in newfoundland, he found giant stone crosses with elaborate engravings of woven designs.....just like the ones made in ireland.

in the very early medieval period

The early medieval period was around 300-500 AD

These possible African artifacts found on the Mexican coast dated back between 1200-300 BC.

when leaf ericsson land in newfoundland

Leif Ericson found North America around c1000 AD, almost 500 years before Columbus and nearly 2000 years after said topic, if proven.

Do you have a link for the Irish Monks that left the crosses? If you do I am interested. Thank you.

post-69-1082377715.gif

I find it hard to believe that an Africn tribe discovered America. They never even invented the wheel! wacko.gif

I find it hard to believe that an Africn tribe discovered America. They never even invented the wheel!

<.< how did the native americans find america?

The Native Americans walked over the Bering Strait. I doubt Africans discoverd the Americans. Africa as a continent is still so far behind the rest of the world.

Okay, I have made a mistake; I am looking at this from a European perspective. I should have asked “Did Africans discover the new world?” Of course the Native Americans were already there. I am sorry. Thanks for making that point bathory.

Thanks Kellalor for new research material.

The Native Americans walked over the Bering Strait.

Yes, this is another theory believed to have happened between 4,000 and 50,000 years ago.

Do you have a link for the Irish Monks that left the crosses?  If you do I am interested.  Thank you.

no, miss kellalor has given one, though. i found out about it, ironically enough, in 'The Story of the Church: a lesson in catholic history', one of the classes i chose for homeschool (see, how great homeschooling is? happy.gif) they were catholic monks, of course, thats the only reasonit was brought out in the book.

Edited by man_in_mudboots

The Native Americans walked over the Bering Strait.

Yes, this is another theory believed to have happened between 4,000 and 50,000 years ago.

Hello! It isn't a 'theory' Captain....it is a fact. About 27,000 years ago or so Ancient Eskimos crossed the Bering Strait following the Carabou. The American Indians are the legacy of those Tribes of Ancient Eskimos.

And it is absurd to think the Africans discovered anything other than each other.

All Africans were brought to the New World as a result of Slave Trading.

And it is absurd to think the Africans discovered anything other than each other.

First off, I am no way saying that the Africans did discover the new world. It too is a theory that I have read about. I opened this thread for opinion on the subject. I am curious and open about other opinions and research materials on the matter.

Second off, I have not researched anything that confirms beyond a doubt that the Native Americans came by way of the Bering Strait land bridge. It all has been theory. Joc if you have some research material stating this, please share, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

An interesting point - over 1/3 of Egyptian mummies had substantial traces of cocaine and nicotine in their systems. These were strictly new world products. The only possible explanation would be trade with the new world 2,000 years before Columbus. Here's one link you may find of interest: http://www.flem-ath.com/cocaine3.htm

Edited by NickFun

A good source for info on this and other fringe and pseduo history ideas is The Hall of Maat. They have seevral articles on the supposed early incursions into the Americas. here and one specifically on the Olmec heads here (the Olmec heads resemble people from the area the Olmecs lived in, BTW).

They also have quite a bit of material pointing out the errors and misrepresentation of Hancock and other "alternative historians".

who ever discovered it first, we know it wasn't white man, due to the earth being flat and all laugh.gif

Joc if you have some research material stating this, please share, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

The information I shared came from The World of The American Indian published by The National Geographic Society.

I apologize if I sounded condescending. tongue.gif

I apologize if I sounded condescending.

Joc, I cannot blame you, I should have stated my thoughts more clearly. Thanks for the information.

Egyptian mummies had substantial traces of cocaine and nicotine in their systems.

NickFun, I read that somewhere in this forum a couple of months ago, but I do not remember if they had a link, so thanks.

Anthrosciguy, what a great link on alternative history, thanks.

post-69-1090679294.gif

Edited by Triniant