Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police and NASA say Aliens are causing fires

TheOtherHistory

Aliens were responsible for a series of unexplained fires in fridges, TV’s and mobile phones in an Italian village, according to an Italian government report.

Canneto di Caronia, in northern Sicily, drew attention three years ago after residents reported everyday household objects bursting into flames.

TV news footage at the time showed electrical appliances as well as cookers, a pile of wedding presents and furniture smoldering.

Dozens of experts including scientists, electrical engineers and military boffins, arrived in the village 60 miles east of Palermo to investigate the phenomenon.

linked-imageRead more...

Well maybe the title is a little misleading (NASA only says "caused by a high power electro-magnetic emissions which were not man made"), but still it seems very interesting. The other explanation was some kind of "top-secret" exotic weaponry, but why test that sort of thing in a small Italian village?

So, what's more likely: Aliens? Or exotic fridge fire causing weaponry?

• Like 1

Neither. How about a power surge/fault in the grid?

Ah but no, read the article. The scientist describes a power cord that's unplugged bursting into flames.

And when in hell would a power surge cause a fridge to catch on fire?

Neither. How about a power surge/fault in the grid?

Aww...come on, 'pyromaniacal aliens' are far more fun to speculate about! :lol:

• Like 1

Ah but no, read the article. The scientist describes a power cord that's unplugged bursting into flames.

Some electrical items retain a charge even if unplugged. I've taken a few shocks from amplifiers I've played about with when unplugged.

And when in hell would a power surge cause a fridge to catch on fire?

Well if it's plugged in any electrical appliance can catch fire.

Why would extraterestials be so interested in destruction of minor appliances like fridges? If it were 'alien weaponry', these aliens sure picked some p***-poor targets to test their weapons on...There's got to be a reasonable explanation somewhere...
  • Like 2

True, what was I thinking about. I've just looked through my electrical course books and work, I reckon the cause is infact "anti-fridge weaponary", it's a secret project that was developed in case we need to go to war with Iceland. ;)

• Like 2

Some electrical items retain a charge even if unplugged. I've taken a few shocks from amplifiers I've played about with when unplugged.

Well if it's plugged in any electrical appliance can catch fire.

I'm well aware of things like tvs holding deadly charges for 10 years or more, but do they catch on fire? I don't think so.

Haha little alien teenagers.

Why would extraterestials be so interested in destruction of minor appliances like fridges? If it were 'alien weaponry', these aliens sure picked some p***-poor targets to test their weapons on...There's got to be a reasonable explanation somewhere...

I doubt they would be, maybe a "side-effect" of some kind

And what are the chances of a UFO, and subsequent unexplained landing, occurring near the same town?

I'm well aware of things like tvs holding deadly charges for 10 years or more, but do they catch on fire? I don't think so.

Don't you, ok.

Ahhh Heck, They were only pulling pranks on all the people of the little town, :lol:

Seriously though, I think I read this story some time ago and they could not figure it out immediatly but im sure they found a mundane reason for it though,

Regards;

TFF

Spontaneous combustion....!?

Sure, its as real as anything the crazy bird will throw at us.

Edited by Hazzard

It's really quite hard for me to believe law enforcement officials acknowledge the reality of ETs.

It's really quite hard for me to believe law enforcement officials acknowledge the reality of ETs.

they are not referring to 'aliens' from outher space, but illegal workers crossing the borders.... :rolleyes:

I like to have the names of the official who claim the 'mars men" did this. Beside isnt this old news? or it happen again?

• 4 years later...

A recent documentary on the phenomena for which there is still no 'down to earth' explanation.

The clip starts at 14:45 and finishes at 35:30.

An excellent summary of this case.

Z

National Geographic UFO Europe Untold Stories | S01E06

In the UK recently a massive fire was caused by a descending Chinese lantern, which are now getting banned

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/blog/2013/jul/01/smethwick-fire-chinese-lanterns-banned

I guess its entirely possible someone saw a lantern on its way down and thought...UFO... then the big fire....

just sayin

In the UK recently a massive fire was caused by a descending Chinese lantern, which are now getting banned

http://www.guardian....lanterns-banned

I guess its entirely possible someone saw a lantern on its way down and thought...UFO... then the big fire....

just sayin

?????????

Totally irrelevant to this case.

?????????

Totally irrelevant to this case.

As indeed you are.

So, here the story says they wanted exorcisms of the 'spirits' that caused the fires... sounds like they are undecided about the aliens doesn't it?

'Demonic' fires engulfing Village! - residents demand exorcism

"I've seen things like this before," Catholic exorcist Gabriele Amorth told Italian daily Il Messagero. "Demons occupy a house and appear in electrical goods...Let's not forget that Satan and his followers have immense powers."

http://www.abovetops...thread32584/pg1

and for the benefit of anyone who likes to read stuff, check this with some great links and actual pics further down the page, do read tho

http://www.abovetops...hread343921/pg1

Edited by seeder

Oh and I will also add, councils.... yes JUST councils, are considered to be local govt.

Perhaps it wasn't THE Italian govt making such claims, but the local town council instead. In fact, I doubt the main govt would say something like that TBH.

There was a local town councilor on TV in the UK recently who believed he was abducted, by the time story went stateside he was a govt official. :tu:

Oh and I will also add, councils.... yes JUST councils, are considered to be local govt.

Perhaps it wasn't THE Italian govt making such claims, but the local town council instead. In fact, I doubt the main govt would say something like that TBH.

There was a local town councilor on TV in the UK recently who believed he was abducted, by the time story went stateside he was a govt official. :tu:

More off topic philosophy.

More off topic philosophy.

whats up with you zoser, are you so thick? The OP states this was a report from the govt

let me remind you the first sentence in the OP

"Aliens were responsible for a series of unexplained fires in fridges, TV’s and mobile phones in an Italian village, according to an Italian government report"

:tu: Bang on topic I say

Edited by seeder

HEy ! Where did my cell phone go ? "ALIENS" THats the ticket ! :gun:

• Like 1

"Rimmer, you think aliens used our last bog roll"

"Well we didn't use it all"

Red Dwarf - incidentally one of the very few science fiction universes where there are no actual aliens.

• Like 1

whats up with you zoser, are you so thick? The OP states this was a report from the govt

let me remind you the first sentence in the OP

"Aliens were responsible for a series of unexplained fires in fridges, TV’s and mobile phones in an Italian village, according to an Italian government report"

:tu: Bang on topic I say

You need to look at the case seeder. It's much more than a Goverment report; the unexplained electro-magnetic phenomena coincided with a series of UFO sightings and there is a strong case for linking the two.

I'm sorry but you are going to have to watch the clip or do some detailed research.

You need to look at the case seeder.

No I dont, I need to spend more time with GF

I thought that solar flares can cause unsual, sometimes dangerous, electrical activity in power grids.

Perhaps not in this case, of course.

And who's to say that Italy's power transfer infrastructure has even been widely updated in many, many years.

Who knows. But with this story I'm leaning towards a more natural, conventional explanation.

Edited by pallidin