Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would you kill if god asked?

Beckys_Mom

If you'll remember from Genesis 22, God tested Abraham's faith by commanding him to take his baby son Isaac and bring him up to the top of the mountain to sacrifice him to the Lord. Abraham agreed and was about to do it when the Lord stopped him just in time and said that he had passed the test and proven himself to be faithful.

QUESTION... - . IF you lived in the time of Abraham, and God had asked you to take your newborn child up to the mountain, and slay him with a knife would you have done that? Would you slay your own baby child by slugging a knife into him???!!! Would you? ...I am looking for a plain - YES or NO <--that's it really..lol

I know a lot of you will banter on about the promise ect...but that's not up for question...all I am asking is simple - would you slay your baby ..yes or no?

I am asking this as it can be interesting to see how many would answer straight up without beating around the bush ...honesty is the best_________<--- fill in blank lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Karlis

• Link of Hyrule

• Lt_Ripley

• Beckys_Mom

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! It was this story more than any other that made me realize how far off the mark Christianity really was.

My answer = HELL no!

I forgot to post my own answer lol -----> NO...................no no no no...me personally would tell god to take a hike...my child is far more important to me....

I'd have to say " hey , isn't that a contradiction of what you told that bunch of Hebrews ?? "

then I'd have to say " nope, can't do it. I'm not a killer or murderer. "

ps - who in their right loving mind would ask someone to kill to prove loyalty or faith ?? that's sadistic. not to mention egotistic and insane.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

Why is it that no one questions whether God's actions are good or bad? If you do not question God in this way, then he could truly do something wrong that is evil, and you would never know. My favorite example of how ludicrous this frame of mind is, goes like so:

What if God and Satan swapped places, and no one knew about it. Satan becomes an imposter God and begins to do things that would normally be called "evil" and bad had it been a human or Satan who done it. No one would know if they did not judge God's actions, instead of just assuming that there was a good reason behind it, or instead of saying that "God can't do any evil". So, how would anyone know if God is truly evil if you never question him?

Why would God be happy of a person who would be willing to murder an innocent child, no matter what reason? I would be insanely upset is someone was so deeply under my power that they would not even question me if I asked him to do the unspeakable. If you are willing to do something like that, you are no longer a good person.

Edited by ShaunZero

I'd have to say " hey , isn't that a contradiction of what you told that bunch of Hebrews ?? "

then I'd have to say " nope, can't do it. I'm not a killer or murderer. "

ps - who in their right loving mind would ask someone to kill to prove loyalty or faith ?? that's sadistic. not to mention egotistic and insane.

Agreed, you would have to be a very poor excuse for a human to say yes to this imo.

You guys are forgetting that God also told him to stop,You also forgot that he was a Man of God there by making him strong in his Faith in God that God would not let him kill his son.You also said that the Question was One that let me to believe that I was living back in those day"BIBLICAL TIMES" instead of these times when back then God would walk and Talk with you and would show himself to you.

No!

I believe the Story of Abraham being commanded by God to Kill his Son as true, but How did he know it really was God, it was the Hebrews perception of that Day and Age to Believe that whom Spoke from above sending down Fierce Bolts of Lightening, must be God, I don’t believe Abraham Knew for certain it was God that commanded him to, but in his own Mine through his Faith told him it must be God.

Or rather Just because you ask a Direct Question and are them Met with Fierce Bolts of Lightening doesn’t mean they were sent as divine from the Hands of God, so who sent the Lighting Down? And just because a Lighted angelical Being metalizes and says he is from God or is a Devine Messenger of God doesn’t mean he is or that he himself is holy Divine and Good as in his intentions.

Pavot

Edited by Pavot

You guys are forgetting that God also told him to stop,You also forgot that he was a Man of God there by making him strong in his Faith in God that God would not let him kill his son.You also said that the Question was One that let me to believe that I was living back in those day"BIBLICAL TIMES" instead of these times when back then God would walk and Talk with you and would show himself to you.

You are forgetting that this thread has just asked for a PLAIN and SIMPLE - YES or....NO

I am a loving parent and I say NOOOOOOOO

The fact that God asked him to stop shows that God finds killing an ignorant child to be wrong(Go figure, with the world flood). That being said, why was he happy that his follower was willing to do something so wrong? It does not matter whether he asked him to stop or not, but the fact that it made God happy when he showed that he was willing to do such a sick thing.

Hells Angles , Some Street Gangs, Third World Religious and Government Leaders. And more if I looked! ;)

Hells Angles , Some Street Gangs, Third World Religious and Government Leaders. And more if I looked! ;)

lol I said right mind. lol

The fact that God asked him to stop shows that God finds killing an ignorant child to be wrong(Go figure, with the world flood). That being said, why was he happy that his follower was willing to do something so wrong? It does not matter whether he asked him to stop or not, but the fact that it made God happy when he showed that he was willing to do such a sick thing.

Thank You. But if it were in these days ,No God doesnt come down and show himself If he did that would be instant death just looking upon him.Now a days if "GOD" asked me to kill my son I would check myself into an Hospital for the mental.

Applying the VISITOR and Ancient Ceasar theories this request would then equate to A king saying he will offer protection if you do what he says.

[aside]How better to test ones loyalty, afterall he can always have another

and at that i say it depends on how desperate you are.

let me reconfirm the situation take every single scrap of tech we have today find a place that has no knowledge of this. what good can one do this community by offering such a cache of tested wisdom. however being from the testing grounds yourself one is reluctant to share lest we cause history to repeat itself. So then we decide lets test how obedient they are so you make an absolutly absurd request expecting them to turn you away.

myself I would turn them away.

but would I do what god did most certainly.

If you'll remember from Genesis 22, God tested Abraham's faith by commanding him to take his baby son Isaac and bring him up to the top of the mountain to sacrifice him to the Lord. Abraham agreed and was about to do it when the Lord stopped him just in time and said that he had passed the test and proven himself to be faithful.

QUESTION... - . IF you lived in the time of Abraham, and God had asked you to take your newborn child up to the mountain, and slay him with a knife would you have done that? Would you slay your own baby child by slugging a knife into him???!!! Would you? ...I am looking for a plain - YES or NO <--that's it really..lol

I know a lot of you will banter on about the promise ect...but that's not up for question...all I am asking is simple - would you slay your baby ..yes or no?

I am asking this as it can be interesting to see how many would answer straight up without beating around the bush ...honesty is the best_________<--- fill in blank lol

Funny you should ask this question sister, When My enlightenment with Father started I asked that question. Father I don't have to kill anyone do I? (Critical Thinking)

The answer was I had already proven my love To man and God in past lives and learned from the experience.

To answer your question, No I would not now, But I guess I may have in Past lives.

Love Omnaka

It was not for Fathers benifit, it was for abraham to test his own resolve, and Love For father. something akin to baptism. Being forgiven can strengthen the resolve Of the baptizee, if he does not believe he is forgiven, he leads a life Of fear and Doubt about how he has done it. This can folow one in to The next life. Forgiveness is key.

If one doesen't forgive himself, he is not forgiven, even though Father and Mother love them dearly.

If it were not for experience, Abe would not know and have the faith he did. He tested Father and Father tested him right back. It was As prophesised., and what Abe wanted.

Hard lesson.

Love Omnaka

If anyone answers this question as though they are the person they are today, then this answer does not satisfy the premise.

You are born in, and living in, the time of Abraham. You would not be the person you are today, with all the freedom(s), knowledge, attitude etc you have towards such things as religion, parenthood etc.

It is likely the vast majority of those who say "NO" in such an emphatic voice, would have said "Yes" were this question to be asked 2,500 or so years ago - in fact, funnily enough, the answer was "Yes".

It is likely the vast majority of those who say "NO" in such an emphatic voice, would have said "Yes" were this question to be asked 2,500 or so years ago - in fact, funnily enough, the answer was "Yes".

I'm sorry but I really don't agree. Not on this. Killing your own child because something more powerful than you commands it? No. Never.

I'm sorry but I really don't agree. Not on this. Killing your own child because something more powerful than you commands it? No. Never.

Spoken like a modern person, Number1. I agree with you in the modern context, our attitude towards children and parenthood has changed dramatically (going by what we read in the literature that is left from those ancient times.)

What I am saying is that we don't really know how we would answer, because we cannot divorce ourselves from this modern mentality we have. However, if what we read in such texts that are left to us from biblical and pre-biblical times (from all cultures) is indicative of how the population in general thought with regards to religion, children, parenthood etc then it is likely we would not think as we do today.

Edited by Leonardo

That is a very strange question to ask because I am sure most of them would say a big NO including me

Suggestion-You can start a poll

Thanks

B???

Absolutely.I would need to be crazy to want to kill my child........

Here is why I wouldnt do it...appart from Becky being my life.....But if I lived back in those days, and I believed in God and satan and if I heard gods voice calling me and then telling me to do it.....I would instantly think it was the devil tricking me..cuz that request alone sounds so twisted......so yeaa I would think it was a nasty evil trick...and my answer would still be a big NO..NO WAY HOSEY

I would say no and also tell it to stop being such a lazy bum of a God and do it's own dirty work.

Edit:

Well that is before it smites me with its smitey powers.

Edited by chaoszerg