Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israel Blows Up Hamas Leader's Car

DC09

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Israel blew up Hamas leader Abdel Aziz Rantisi's car in Gaza City on Saturday, Israeli security sources said. Palestinian rescue sources said two people were killed and one was badly injured.

The security sources reported Rantisi was killed in the strike, but that could not be independently confirmed.

Palestinian sources confirmed the car belonged to a high-ranking member of Hamas.

A burned, destroyed car was left on the road near Rantisi's house and one badly burned body was removed from the car by paramedics. Witnesses said there were three people in the car at the time.

It was unclear if Rantisi, Hamas' top leader in Gaza, was in the car at the time of the explosion.

Palestinians ran into the street and called for revenge.

Israel had previously tried to kill Rantisi in a helicopter strike on his car June 10. In a retaliatory attack the next day, 16 Israelis were killed in a Hamas suicide bombing in Jerusalem.

The explosion happened Saturday evening a block from Rantisi's house in the Sheik Radwan neighborhood of Gaza City, about 100 yards from where Hamas founder Sheik Ahmed Yassin was buried after Israeli assassinated him last month.

Article

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• stillcrazy

• Erikl

• DC09

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What ever happened to”Dies a mysterious in a car crash”?

Shooting your leg off to get a dog to stop from attacking you is a stupid idea.

Wonder who the new Hamas leader will be? I would keep the new leader secret, too, if I were them. cool.gif

Shooting your leg off to get a dog to stop from attacking you is a stupid idea.

No, you shoot the dog.

Another Evil human eliminated...good job Israel.

Go Israel!

Edit; removed obscenity You call that Not Terrisom??? They are killing Hamas leader and that is ok with you right??? If i jew guy is killed then that is terrisom in your opioion??? Don't you see the real truth behind all of this people, you are being tricked by Israel and you are letting it kill innocent people for the fun it and you call it not Not Terriosom!! Edited by Magikman

Let's be a little logical for a few instants: how stupid is that to kill the leaders of terrorist organizations ? That p***es off more and more people and leaders can be replaced in almost infinite supplies ! That's a stupid strategical mistake. It won't solve the situation, just make it worse. The only solution is to attack the problem at the root: the public opinion, if they have no more people rooting for them, the terrorist organizations will dismantle automatically. Violence calls for violence.

TheLight

*sits back, and gets out the popcorn for when Erikl and Mishari inevitably collide*

The mods might wanna keep an eye on this one tongue.gif

Isreali goverment has every right to protect it's citizen, Jews, Muslim and Christians alike.

Hamas is knowen murder of innocent people, thought a killing murder doen't really fix anything, they still have the right to protect the citizen in anyway they see fit. it is the mothod that is the problem, killing publicly, will make marterout of them and adds fuel to athe fire.

This will only put more people in danger of these animals(Terrorist).

Edited by shirini

Leets see...both sides are terrorist: Hamas for bombing civilians and ISrael goverment for bombing civilians (to dsestroy a terrorist, but they kill a lot of civilians) . Also, they declare their country whiout the opinion of the people actually living there (the palestinians) and began "relocalization" programs on the palestinians. I think both sides are deporable....Isarel by using too force, and the palestinians for responding...

to Mishari:

Ahhh... the good old "Jews are rulling the world". I think it was the russians that first came out with it, in The Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

And to Pendekar Timur:

Let's see...

The picture that I attached here shows Hamas ex-leader, a known terrorist (who ever see Hamas as a liberation organization is an hipocrit... Hamas ideology is almost identical to that of Al-Qaeda), sends children to explode in Israeli city.

Youre picture shows an Israeli soldier chewing a dove (symbol of peace) and massacring the Palestinians.

Well...

Let's see... what IS the truth...

Does Hamas sends Palestinian children to suicide attack Israelis? YES.

Did Rantisi personally blessed Hamas' terrorists? YES, you could see it only two weeks ago.

Was Rantisi a doctor? YES.

Does Israel don't want peace? NO - Israel offered to it's neighbors peace many times, and was willing to give back to Egypt the Sinai peninsula and transfer thousands of Jews from there.

The Arabs made war on Israel in '48, '67, '73, '82 and in 1991 Iraq fired SCUD missiles on Israel.

All of Israel's wars were defence wars against Arab agrresors.

Israel offered to Arafat all the territories and even East Jerusalem in 2000 and he refused, starting the Intifada.

Does Israel massacaring the Palestinians? NO, and it was proved many times that the Palestinians always cry "WOLF" when after they attack Israel, the IDF is forced to get into Palestinian cities in order to fight terrorists that use civilian population as a shield against IDF.

Your picture was obviously a provocative one, without any truth in it.

But no surprise here - you are from Malaysia, and we already saw who is your leader (*COUGH* Anti-semite *COUGH*).

As to Sera:

You won't see any flaming. I'm tired of those guys who seek equivalence in this conflict - "both sides are terrorists", "both sides target civilians" etc..

Israel is fighting terrorism, not unlike Britain and USA (actually most of Israel's tactics against Palestinian terrorists were learned form the British in the mandate period), only that we don't bomb Mosques and don't carpet bomb cities.

Anyway, I'm off to make some Popcorn for you... what taste do you prefer? butter? huney? tomato? tongue.gif ... Pop... Pop... laugh.gif

P.S. to the MOD - you should delete the message with all the F-words... it doesn't fit to a civilized conversation.

Edited by Erikl

Kudos Erikl, well stated without falling into a certain persons wanton drival.

While I think both sides have handled certain situations poorly, I think it is time that Arafat, a known former terrorist from the 70's be dealt with.

His refusal time after time to deal with his own people and call a halt to terroist into Israel proves two things. One he is not the leader of the Palastines, and two he does not want peace.

I don't always agree with Israel's tactics, But I'll back you anyday when you get anti semites on the board, not to mention the poor guy has yet to post a reasonable argument anywhere that I can find.

good points Eikl, but search for the reasons to the hate of the arabs to your country.......the people how make your country usurp the land to the palestinians....the thora can say that Israel is the land of the jews and the archeological evidence support that, but this people was living there for almost 1000 years......the israelis have no right to come and declare a country in the middle of the zone.

...how stupid is that to kill the leaders in terrorist organizations? That  p***es off more and more people and leaders can be replaced in almost infinite supplies! That's a stupid strategical mistake.

That isn't a stupid strategical mistake. When you kill off the leaders you kill off the intelligence and wisdom. Usually, the leaders are older and wiser, have the 'smarts' and been around. It is hard for the organization to find another individual to fill those shoes... that puts them back in the fight.

Hamas is a terrorist organization, they use children and hide behind women's skirts. They desecrate holy places. Terrorists have no conscience.

Edited by Babs

...how stupid is that to kill the leaders in terrorist organizations? That  p***es off more and more people and leaders can be replaced in almost infinite supplies! That's a stupid strategical mistake.

That isn't a stupid strategical mistake. When you kill off the leaders you kill off the intelligence and wisdom. Usually, the leaders are older and wiser, have the 'smarts' and been around. It is hard for the organization to find another individual to fill those shoes... that puts them back in the fight.

Hamas is a terrorist organization, they use children and hide behind women's skirts. They desecrate holy places. Terrorists have no conscience.

Morning Babs,

Your correct in your evaluation of taking out the leaders of Hamas. It may take several times of doing this, but sooner or later you won't have too many volunteers for the job.

If the Palistine state truely wants peace, why are they still sending suicide bombers? Simple question. Anyone got a simple answer?

not to mention the poor guy has yet to post a reasonable argument anywhere that I can find.

Makes me wonder how well my money is being used to pay for his "free-education"...

Good morning stillcrazy original.gif

If the Palestinian state truly wants peace, why are they still sending suicide bombers?

Maybe they have another objective.

not to mention the poor guy has yet to post a reasonable argument anywhere that I can find.

Makes me wonder how well my money is being used to pay for his "free-education"...

LOL........ Good point thumbsup.gif

good points Eikl, but search for the reasons to the hate of the arabs to your country.......the people how make your country usurp the land to the palestinians....the thora can say that Israel is the land of the jews and the archeological evidence support that, but this people was living there for almost 1000 years......the israelis have no right to come and declare a country in the middle of the zone.

Well, actually Jews were living in the land of Israel for 3,000 years, some times comprising minority, and sometimes being majority.

All of Judaism's holy cities are in Israel: Tzfat, Tiberius, Hebron and most importantly Jerusalem.

There is even a village in the Galilee, called Pekiin, where the same Jewish family is living continuanly since the Second Temple period (Zinani family, if you want to know).

Most of the Palestinians started to come in 1830, first from Egypt and Algeria, then the Caucasus, Balakan (Muslim Bosnians and Albanians), then in the begining of the British mandate they statred to come in the tens of thousands from Syria and Jordan.

Before that most of the population made of Christian Greeks (that escaped in the 16th century from Greece because of Turkish persecution) and Armenians, and Muslim Beduins (mostly in the south) and Turks (land owners), and ofcourse Sephardic Jews (and also Ashkenazi Jews in Tzfat, where they wrote the Zohar book of the Kabalah, and Jerusalem).

Your correct in your evaluation of taking out the leaders of Hamas. It may take several times of doing this, but sooner or later you won't have too many volunteers for the job.

I still think that there always will be leaders as long as the public opinion is on their side. These people are not running a business thus going by logical choices, they're fanatics, killing one doesn't scare the others it just comfort them in their martyr dreams. That's why I think it's a strategical mistake to kill the leaders.

Concerning the wisdom of the olders and all that, I don't think that plays a great role anyway. Just take the example of the young Chiite leader in Iraq, he's young but still has many followers, that alone illustrates that in the end it's not a matter of old/experienced vs young/inexperienced.

So I stand by what I say, taking out leaders is a strategical mistake (assuming you want peace), it will just make the area boil more and more. The only thing that would make sense would be to educate the people and send the UN soldiers as it was already requested by Arafat (but was veto-ed by US...).