Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Skateboarding parrot stolen

UM-Bot

greenparrot.jpg
A 30-year-old skateboarding green Guatemalan parrot called Gordo has been stolen according to reports. The owner who has no children has called for the bird's return, stating that he is devastated and that the parrot is like a kid to him.

"A birdnapper snatched Gordo the skateboarding parrot. The 30-year-old green Guatemalan parrot, a popular attraction for a decade in the San Gabriel Valley community of Baldwin Park, was taken from his front porch cage Wednesday morning."

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | linked-imageSource: Yahoo! News

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• schizoidwoman

• UM-Bot

• sarah snow

• parasource

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to suggest that he had skated off of his own accord, but that seems unlikely.

Police have released a description of a one eyed and one legged man who answers to the name Long John.

Police have released a description of a one eyed and one legged man who answers to the name Long John.

:lol: :lol: You forgot to mention his getaway galleon!

I hope the owner is right and that Gordo pecks the hell out of him- rotten scumbag for stealing him from his home <_<

Oo-arrrr Jim Lad, let's hope Gordo is reunited with his owner soon :yes:

I hope the owner is right and that Gordo pecks the hell out of him- rotten scumbag for stealing him from his home <_<

Oo-arrrr Jim Lad, let's hope Gordo is reunited with his owner soon :yes:

Not only that, but Parrots become very attached to their owners... many parrots that are stolen end up not eating in their new homes and dying of starvation because of missing their old homes...

Not only that, but Parrots become very attached to their owners... many parrots that are stolen end up not eating in their new homes and dying of starvation because of missing their old homes...

Budgies react the same way. Well, hopefully Gordo will be back home soon, safe and sound.

Poor dude, I know how it feels like having a parrot stolen from you, especially if it can ride a skateboard.

Poor dude, I know how it feels like having a parrot stolen from you, especially if it can ride a skateboard.

Who doesn't? :innocent:

Actually, that's a myth. What they can potentially do is make the the abductors life a living hell. They're more likely to act out, biting, screaming, and generally being a pain in the butt. If they are going to become emotionally depressed, which can happen, they will self-mutilate, pulling their feathers out before hey stop eating. Parrots are habitual and don't like their routines and environments disturbed. It really has very little to do with their bond with a specific person. I'm assuming that the "Guatamalan" parrot they are talking about is really some kind of Amazon parrot (like the blue front in the picture). There's no such thing as a "Guatamala Parrot" The parrots that are native to Guatamala are generally macaws, amazons and conures. Amazons are the ones most likely to learn to skateboard; they're the most agile on the ground because they have short tails unlike macaws and conures.

I hope this man gets his Gordo back. It sucks to have a beloved pet stolen, and pretty heartbreaking.