Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sewer Gators

Eco727

There is so much plausible evidence, so what do you think of alligators regularly living in the sewers

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eco727

• Undeadskeptic

• :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

• Meiliken

Actually. Many Alligators were found in sewers. But were all mostly 3 to 4 feet long. Every Gator found in there would be taken to a zoo or something. Sometimes even Carmans would be there found in new york ponds before being taken to zoos.

sewer gators are like Alien Big Cats...they do exsist. Its acknowledged...its just some accounts are over exaggerated. Im sure you would find turtles and snakes living down there too.

I doubt a snake could be so adaptable

Thats funny they just had a History Channel show where the city works of New York said all the hype about Gator's in the sewer's of NY was just a huge myth..... :hmm:

sewer gators are like Alien Big Cats...they do exsist. Its acknowledged...its just some accounts are over exaggerated. Im sure you would find turtles and snakes living down there too.

I remember a few years back they found a snake (about 4-5 feet long) in the sewers, it had survived there for quite some time, three or four months as far as I recall. The snake was actually a pet snake that had escaped from its home. I think it was a python of some sorts. These kind of news are pretty big in Norway so I don't think it was fake.

Edited by Mortagon

Actually, History Channel had a monsterquest giving a crapload of evidence

Uh,I don't agree. And i do watch the show. There's only been a couple of shows that has had any amount of hard evidence. The biggest one was with the cabin at Snelgrove Lake in Canada where a creature bled on a board with nails on it.

Other than that no other hard evidence has ever been found.

The only thing that will settle the matter though is a body.

Uh,I don't agree. And i do watch the show. There's only been a couple of shows that has had any amount of hard evidence. The biggest one was with the cabin at Snelgrove Lake in Canada where a creature bled on a board with nails on it.

Other than that no other hard evidence has ever been found.

The show on Sewer Gators did have hard evidence of alligators in the sewers, but not recently. There was an 8 foot long one in the 1930's. The closest thig thing they found to a gator on their expedition was a Salamander.

Yeah but watch out for the Chuds. They have glowing eyes and feed on human flesh. :devil:

I can just see a zookeeper open a manhole and dump baby gators in the sewers.

They had a story on Look North this morning about an alligator in a sewer below Thirsk. Not one of the more convincing April Fool gags the media has ever pulled!

Thats funny they just had a History Channel show where the city works of New York said all the hype about Gator's in the sewer's of NY was just a huge myth..... :hmm:

Cha

I'm out on this one till there's some hard evidence.

So physically finding an alligator in a sewer isn't hard enough evidence to prove there are gators in the sewer?????

Most reptiles could survive a short time in the sewer. As far as long term most species (turtles, lizards, etc) would die after a while from lack of uva/uvb light which most reptiles require for biological processes. Without aduquate light they get sick and die.

Alligators are a big exception they have been found to be able to live in the most extreme environments long term. And have been found and confirmed in sewers many times. Caimen on the other hand are much more tropical in nature and less hardy. They are more likely to die from cold and dirty conditions then a gator would.

The link is very convincing, but I don't think they can be 100 percent sure

I remember a few years back they found a snake (about 4-5 feet long) in the sewers, it had survived there for quite some time, three or four months as far as I recall. The snake was actually a pet snake that had escaped from its home. I think it was a python of some sorts. These kind of news are pretty big in Norway so I don't think it was fake.

despite the lack of light, im sure theres plenty of rats down there for it to be a decent habitat for a snake!

I'm a sucker for sewer gators, but still I must be rational and say due to the limitations of Gator's bodies they could not survive in a sewer system.

My husband lived in New York for a few years and I asked him about this a few years ago.

He said there were a few found but usually smaller ones and they were pets people had gotten tired of or scared of and so the would release them there their selves. He did say that while he was down there he seen one that was about 4 or 5 feet long that was bathing itself in some water fountain. He just happened to be in the right spot at the right time to see it. the police had the place blocked off while the animal control or whoever was getting it out he could not remember who but he said it was cool but scary to think about. they figured it has come from the sewer but really did not know for sure.

The show on Sewer Gators did have hard evidence of alligators in the sewers, but not recently. There was an 8 foot long one in the 1930's. The closest thig thing they found to a gator on their expedition was a Salamander.

I saw the same show, and there HAVE been gators in the past, they just didnt find any this time around.

If anyone is interested heres a short bit about out of place gators in Arizona

Az gators

Well, the amazing heat of the sewers would allow them to digest prey, and due to the sheer mass of small prey an alligator could adapt.

Animal control and game and wild life was always pulling gators out of the sewers back home in FL.

Heck they just pulled a 4 footer out of the CT. river in VT/NH a few years ago. sewer gators in NY wouldn't surprise me at all.

A salamander? Tell me more?

Actually, it's a little funny, last week in Philly, a 2 foot gator was found nibbling at people in the nearby sewers.