Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Big cat spotted in England

UM-Bot

panther.jpg
A large panther-like creature has been sighted in England by locals walking their dogs. 'Alien big cats' have been sighted for many years in the British Isles and it is believed a viable population continues to live in the wild.

"A big cat may be on the prowl in Worcestershire after two men claimed to have spotted a panther-like creature while walking their dogs. The men went to investigate but the cat got up, jumped into the undergrowth and disappeared. The pair spotted the creature as they walked their two whippets and terrier close to the near Bromyard Road, outside Worcester. “It was definitely a cat but not a domestic one, it was huge, it was bigger than our dogs, perhaps the size of an alsatian”, said one of the men."

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: Birmingham Mail

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• Space Commander Travis

• Mallaliak

• Eldorado

There have indeed been many sightings of Big Cats in the UK, for as long as I can remember, but this is the first I've heard of them being referred to as "Alien Big Cats". The article you cite does not refer to them as alien either.

Did you just add the "alien" part yourself or do you mean alien to that particular environment and not alien as in ET?

I have personally seen a big cat outside a McDonalds in Yorkshire.

It asked me in a polish accent 'I can has cheese burger' ;)

Due to the content and meaning of the article, I'm fairely sure they mean "Alien" as a foreign/unknown animal in a enviroment it does not belong in, or have not previously been successfully documented.

But wern't it another rather big article about these cats a month or two back with a brittish forestkeeper or so that saw one or two?

"Alien big cats" in this context usually means not where you'd expect to find them, not necessarily extraterrestrial. It also makes a handy acronym, ABC.

There's loads round our way. From our local community maghazine recently:

"If you wake before dawn and walk up the Old Roman Road, you may well see this panther-like cat crossing your path, and head across the fields behind Elwell St - black and sleek, its long tail straight out behind, picking its silent way on wide, black pads. In the early morning it is possibly returning after a night's hunting, the occasional chicken suffering deep claw injuries that might be evidence of such a large predator. They have even been known to take a full sized sheep, but they are shy, and their 'homes' or 'lairs' are never found. Our Big Cat has been seen a number of times, by individuals and on one occasion, this summer, by a group of four people together.

On a Tuesday morning in February, about 8pm, a member of staff at Batchfoot House was taking a breather when she saw a black animal slinking across a gravelled area at the back of the house. Too large to be a cat and too low to the ground to be a dog, the animal lookled catlike.

The young lady did not hang about to see more!"

I feel sorry for the occasional chicken.