Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blackbeard's ship yields treasure trove

UM-Bot

Image credit: J. L. G. Ferris
Image credit: J. L. G. Ferris
The recently recovered ship of infamous 18th century pirate Blackbeard, one of the most feared pirates of the time, has yielded a treasure trove of artifacts. The wreck lies seven meters under the sea off the coast of Beaufort, North Carolina.

"In a recently recovered ship of the well-known 18th century pirate Blackbeard, archaeologists have discovered a treasure trove of artifacts. The ship was discovered in 1997 by marine archaeologists from the North Carolina Department of Cultural Resources, which lies 7 meters underwater and a few miles off Beaufort, North Carolina. During research, archaeologists have found clues that suggest the ship belonged to Blackbeard."

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: Astigan.com

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• schizoidwoman

• :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

• Soupy

• Samuronin

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting story...

So the treasure trove consists of a couple navigation instruments and some weights? Okay.

According to researchers, Blackbeard was a tall man with a beard that covered his face. He would strike fear into the hearts of his opponents by adding cannon fuses under his hat and lighting them during battle. Blackbeard was reported to wear a crimson coat, two swords at his waist and a multitude of pistols and knives across his chest.

Yeah, with artillery like that, I'd be running away too, especially when lit fuses are involved! Apparently, he was ahead if his time from today's suicidal bombers. Although I'm sure he didn't had any explosives under his hat, but why take chances?

Whoa, I thought Blackbeard was a myth!!!

i do love his choice for a new name for the stolen french ship 'le concorde'....he did have a sense of humour.

a hypothetical fist fight breaks out between Jack Sparrow and Blackbeard over the spillage of an ale tankard...who wins?

i do love his choice for a new name for the stolen french ship 'le concorde'....he did have a sense of humour.

a hypothetical fist fight breaks out between Jack Sparrow and Blackbeard over the spillage of an ale tankard...who wins?

Blackbeard. Every time.

"a hypothetical fist fight breaks out"

You're not an Alan Partridge fan, are you? :D

I have to go with Blackbeard too.

Blackbeard. Every time.

+1. Jack Sparrow is not a fighter. :blink:

You're not an Alan Partridge fan, are you?

Urrrrr kiss my face! :)

Edited by Soupy

Urrrrr kiss my face! :)

Back of the net! :tu:

Edited by schizoidwoman

If I won the lottery I'd spend all my time diving on shipwrecks, I think they're amazing :w00t::yes: