Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Update] Front page changes

Saru

The main site has received an update this morning, the front page layout has been redesigned slightly with a new tab-based navigation bar and some changes to the way the news is organised. The search function, news, column and video areas have also been updated to accomodate the changes.

As a result of this update we will now be able to feature forum posted news stories on the front page, any news story topic on the boards started using the new 'article' post form will be automatically considered for inclusion. News story topics that are picked will appear as part of that day's front page news update, will have an accompanying news story page on the main site and be fully credited to the member that posted it. The comments thread for that story will also be the actual thread started by the member in question and will preserve all responses already made to it.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Cadetak

• nativechick1989

• Admiral Danger

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice!

Got some questions though:

What constitutes as news or an article? I'm assuming it has to be from some credible source and not news in the way of "I saw a ghost in my backyard". Am I to assume that entries have to be paranormal or an unexplainable mystery? We have a bunch of non paranormal related forum sections and was wondering what the criteria is for the front page. If it is just paranormal/UM related then what counts as paranormal? Ghosts and Aliens sure but religion and conspiracy related news?

Is this new function open to everyone or is a certain post count required?

What constitutes as news or an article? I'm assuming it has to be from some credible source and not news in the way of "I saw a ghost in my backyard". Am I to assume that entries have to be paranormal or an unexplainable mystery? We have a bunch of non paranormal related forum sections and was wondering what the criteria is for the front page. If it is just paranormal/UM related then what counts as paranormal? Ghosts and Aliens sure but religion and conspiracy related news?

For something to be considered for inclusion on the front page it has to fit in to one of the categories of news we feature, these cover most of the topical forum boards with the exception of current affairs and politics. The news story should preferrably come from a reliable source and be up to date - stories from weeks, months or even years back aren't 'news' any more so wouldn't be picked.

Is this new function open to everyone or is a certain post count required?

Its open to everyone, if you've found and posted a good topical news story then it will be considered for inclusion.

Nice facelift! :tu:

Looks good :yes:

Things like this are what makes a site great :tu:

Good job ya'll

TFF

Cool look :tsu: for a Great Site, keep up the good work :)