Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World's Strangest Laws

thefinalfrontier

No Feeding Pigeons

Italy

Laws here are city-specific, and Venice takes issues with pigeons speckling their beloved buildings with pigeon poop. Likewise, officials don’t appreciate tourists adding to the crowd and mess in Saint Marks Square by feeding said pigeons. They also don’t want visitors sitting around shirtless, climbing into fountains, or even sitting on the sidewalk eating a sandwich.In Rome, climbing into fountains to cool off causes similar stress.

Penalty: At first, just a warning; fines can reach up to $600, though probably no more than $50 or $60 if you pay quickly.

linked-imageRead more...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• schizoidwoman

• thefinalfrontier

• Still Waters

• batjoker

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the dirty car fine!

I love the dirty car fine!

"Driving a Dirty Car" :D ...... it's a good job they don't fine us here in the UK for that...cars are impossible to keep clean, especially in bad weather after the roads have been salted.

"Don’t let the tropical weather tempt you to joy ride with your shirt off in Thailand. Police can (and do) hand out tickets if they spot you topless while driving a car or motorcycle.

Penalty: A mere slap on the wrist (or sun-burned shoulders). Tickets go for a few hundred baht (about $10)."

I say let the women do what they want ;)

:lol: Made me chuckle :lol:

Driving With Headlights Off

Denmark

Renting a car? You must always drive with headlights on, says the law in Denmark, to distinguish you from a parked car. Do the Danes really drive so slow that there’d be any confusion? Actually, studies have found that other drivers are more aware of surrounding vehicles when other cars’ lights are on, thus reducing accidents. The law may get adopted across the European Union.

Penalty: Driving without headlights will get you a fine of a little under $100.

Actually, we have this law in some places in my state of Washington. There are certain highways where there are signs that you must turn your headlights on, or receive a $94 ticket.

They've actually found that driving with headlights on really does reduce the number of collisions. Who'd a thunk it!? (although it does kind of make sense, and, like Denmark, it's pretty gray and dank around here on a lot of days so headlamps help.)

Oh, and I know first-hand that wading in fountains in Rome will net you a ticket. Back in 1985, I waded the Trevi Fountain and ended up getting nabbed and had to pay a 100 Lire ticket on the spot (less than $10usd at the time I think). LOL. I have no doubt that it went right into the Polizzia's pocket. LOL

Edited by MissMelsWell

Taken from the article..........

Don’t let the tropical weather tempt you to joy ride with your shirt off in Thailand. Police can (and do) hand out tickets if they spot you topless while driving a car or motorcycle.

Penalty: A mere slap on the wrist (or sun-burned shoulders). Tickets go for a few hundred baht (about $10).

Translated - Please cover up your white bits...we dont need to see them...LMAO....Too many beer belly complaints LOL :P

Strolling in a Bathing Suit

Grenada

Visiting cruise-ship passengers have gotten under the skin of the local police in Grenada, who cringe at tourists walking off the beach during their shore excursions and into town wearing nothing but their swimsuits.

Penalty: In theory, a $270 ticket, though the tourist board assures us that they don’t think it has really been enforced.

I get the feeling a lot of people with good figures have now been the victims of the green eyed monsters...so the law is passed.... Translated - stop wearing your swim costumes in the town......quit showing off grrrrrrr :lol:

This part of the law I would love to see over here.....

The police chief instituted a fine, and supposedly has also expressed interest in fining folks who wear their jeans too low.

I so wish they had that over hee.then I could walk up town and no longer have a birds eye view of a builders big penny slot :lol:

Driving a Dirty Car

Moscow

Some say this is just an excuse for Moscow police to over-ticket drivers, but you should still watch the filth factor on your rental car. How dirty is dirty? That’s unclear. A recent newspaper survey explored the idea of how to even define “dirty” — almost half said a car was too filthy if you couldn’t read the license plate, while 9 percent said the determining factor was if you couldn’t see the driver.

Penalty: You can get a ticket. Fines might be, shall we say, open to interpretation. Here is a case where you might politely offer to pay the officer up front — $100 should cover it — and be on your way.

I'd be so well and truly screwed.... because my car is black...and black is hard to keep clean LMAO>........heck I think I would have to declare – Bankruptcy!!!! Even my home business wouldn’t cover it

I could hear the judge now... Ok Ms Hamill...To save all the bother..why not just change your car to a different color? It would have cost less lol :P

I seriously doubt at the time I would have the sense to do that LOL..........

I say let the women do what they want ;)

Haha, agreed.

Oh, and I know first-hand that wading in fountains in Rome will net you a ticket. Back in 1985, I waded the Trevi Fountain and ended up getting nabbed and had to pay a 100 Lire ticket on the spot (less than $10usd at the time I think). LOL. I have no doubt that it went right into the Polizzia's pocket. LOL

That never happened to Anita Ekberg...