Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Praying to God is like talking to a friend

Lt_Ripley

That seems to me to be the most likely possibility.

Psychic powers, in many respect,s contain common linkages Eg. esp/reading minds, clairvoyance, finding lost objects, and even obes, indicate an ability to link, either into other individual consciousnesses, or more likely, into an overriding consciousness.

Since a child i have had verifiable and independently witnessed experiences in all these areas, some with no overt connection to god. So did my mother and her mother( i have just discovered)

An ability to "talk to the dead", or see the future, indicate something beyond the ability of a human mind, even if connected to a universal consciousness. It implies a consciousness which connects with both past and present, and thus to some degree exists outside linear time.

When you look for entities which possess all these traits, you come up with at least one common definition,"god"

Let us suppose that you, personally, had experienced irrefutable and ongoing proof that all these things were possible. To what would you attribute them?

If, further, you were in regular, and ongoing, "communication" with an independent sapient entity, which exhibited the ability to create and transform energy and matter, and to alter the time space continuum, would it not be logical to connect that entity with much of the psychic ability you demonstrated. (The forms of communication between "god" and man, and those evinced by psychics are remarkably similar. I go with/trust, my experiences and my logical deduction and analyses.

That doesnt make me right, but it does increase the possibility that i am on the right track.

My conclusion is that most, if not all, so called psychic powers of humans are remnants of a natural ability to communicate with god /the sapient universe.

They piggy back on the nature of god/the sapient universe, using energy and "wireless networking" which is a part of gods "central nervous system" but they also require something physical within the nature of human mind /sapience and or the human body/brain for us to receive and broadcast via the network.

When you have a more logical explanation for very real paranormal abilities and events, i am happy to listen.

Just because a psychic is an athiest (doesnt chose to believe in god) doesnt mean they can not have the ability, as a human being, to interface with him, and his neural network.

I was a "psychic" and an athiest, before god introduced himself to me. That didnt stop him using this network, and his/my abilities to facilitate communication. Thus an athiest should be perfectly capable of using it as an operating system, without even being aware of /acknowledging, its sapient nature and its physical structure.

Good Post bro, I will add an open heart to all of what you stated, I believe one can limit his experiencve By will.

Love Omnaka

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lt_Ripley

• Omnaka

• Mr Walker

• oslove

That seems to me to be the most likely possibility.

Psychic powers, in many respect,s contain common linkages Eg. esp/reading minds, clairvoyance, finding lost objects, and even obes, indicate an ability to link, either into other individual consciousnesses, or more likely, into an overriding consciousness.

Since a child i have had verifiable and independently witnessed experiences in all these areas, some with no overt connection to god. So did my mother and her mother( i have just discovered)

An ability to "talk to the dead", or see the future, indicate something beyond the ability of a human mind, even if connected to a universal consciousness. It implies a consciousness which connects with both past and present, and thus to some degree exists outside linear time.

When you look for entities which possess all these traits, you come up with at least one common definition,"god"

Let us suppose that you, personally, had experienced irrefutable and ongoing proof that all these things were possible. To what would you attribute them?

If, further, you were in regular, and ongoing, "communication" with an independent sapient entity, which exhibited the ability to create and transform energy and matter, and to alter the time space continuum, would it not be logical to connect that entity with much of the psychic ability you demonstrated. (The forms of communication between "god" and man, and those evinced by psychics are remarkably similar. I go with/trust, my experiences and my logical deduction and analyses.

That doesnt make me right, but it does increase the possibility that i am on the right track.

My conclusion is that most, if not all, so called psychic powers of humans are remnants of a natural ability to communicate with god /the sapient universe.

They piggy back on the nature of god/the sapient universe, using energy and "wireless networking" which is a part of gods "central nervous system" but they also require something physical within the nature of human mind /sapience and or the human body/brain for us to receive and broadcast via the network.

When you have a more logical explanation for very real paranormal abilities and events, i am happy to listen.

Just because a psychic is an athiest (doesnt chose to believe in god) doesnt mean they can not have the ability, as a human being, to interface with him, and his neural network.

I was a "psychic" and an athiest, before god introduced himself to me. That didnt stop him using this network, and his/my abilities to facilitate communication. Thus an athiest should be perfectly capable of using it as an operating system, without even being aware of /acknowledging, its sapient nature and its physical structure.

plenty of people claim , and with some interesting results when tested , that they can talk to the dead.... and they aren't hearing God but from those that have died. Some need not be in the room when it is done either.

Sapient universe works better for me than some single entity . Maybe 'God' is a sea of energy we all go back too. like pouring a cup of water back into the ocean. So something in all of us is already connected to that big sea. know it or not. religious belief or not. ??

Sapient universe works better for me than some single entity . Maybe 'God' is a sea of energy we all go back too. like pouring a cup of water back into the ocean. So something in all of us is already connected to that big sea. know it or not. religious belief or not. ??

That (in far fewer words than i could manage, being naturally loquacious) is a quite accurate picture of how i experience, and thus perceive, god. I tend to fill in a few more technical details, based on what i have experienced, but basically you have it in one.

God is a particle and energy form which comprises the whole universe. Thus, we are physically a part of god, and god is physically a part of us. The determining factor which causes me to call this "being" god, is its sapience and its interest in us, and our own awareness of, and reaction to, it.

Thus it is (in nature and action) what humans have always defined as a god. I'm sure it doesnt see or call itself by that name :)