Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gordon Brown plan for army of teen volunteers

acidhead

Wow, 0bama has said these kids will be a form of MILITARY. of NATIONAL SECURITY. As WELL FUNDED AS OUR MILITARY. What is it about that, that you folks dont understand? This is your own man talking, this isnt even close to a conspiracy theory, he said it in front of the whole nation, and you folks STILL denie it. No one here is asking you believe in a CT, we are just saying believe what he has told us directly.

During his November 5 broadcast, New York radio host Bob Grant played an audio clip of President-elect Barack Obama stating: "We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded." Responding to the clip, Grant's guest, conservative commentator Ann Coulter, said: "Sounds like there's gonna be a lot more Waco raids, Elian Gonzalez snatchings. I don't know, I don't know. I mean, I think this -- I think Obama is a frightening candidate. We'll see." In fact, as Media Matters for America has previously noted, Obama's comments about the necessity of a "civilian national security force" -- which Grant falsely asserted came from Obama's Election Day remarks but were actually from a July 2 speech on service -- referred to expanding the Foreign Service, AmeriCorps, and the Peace Corps.

SOURCE

Yep the CT'ers are working overtime these days.

Manditory public sevice for youth, think of it like making them do their chores or homework before they can leave to hang out with their friends.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aquatus1

• BlindMessiah

• Corp

• acidhead

During his November 5 broadcast, New York radio host Bob Grant played an audio clip of President-elect Barack Obama stating: "We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded." Responding to the clip, Grant's guest, conservative commentator Ann Coulter, said: "Sounds like there's gonna be a lot more Waco raids, Elian Gonzalez snatchings. I don't know, I don't know. I mean, I think this -- I think Obama is a frightening candidate. We'll see." In fact, as Media Matters for America has previously noted, Obama's comments about the necessity of a "civilian national security force" -- which Grant falsely asserted came from Obama's Election Day remarks but were actually from a July 2 speech on service -- referred to expanding the Foreign Service, AmeriCorps, and the Peace Corps.

SOURCE

Yep the CT'ers are working overtime these days.

Manditory public sevice for youth, think of it like making them do their chores or homework before they can leave to hang out with their friends.

I never said 0bama said that on election day, and dont tell me I didnt here him directly say we needed a home land security force as well trained and as well funded as the military. Cause thats exactly what the man said. To try and spin it any other way is a insult to the American peoples intelligence.

I never said 0bama said that on election day,

No one said you did. The article very specifically states: "---which (Bob)Grant falsely asserted came from Obama's Election Day remarks..."

and dont tell me I didnt here him directly say we needed a home land security force as well trained and as well funded as the military. Cause thats exactly what the man said. To try and spin it any other way is a insult to the American peoples intelligence.

Yes. You did hear him say that. You heard him say that while he was talking about the Foreign Service, AmeriCorps, and the Peace Corps, all non-military groups.

At no point did you hear anything about kids being in any form of military.

To paraphrase *ahem*:

What is it about that, that you don't understand? This isn't even close to a conspiracy theory, he said it in front of the whole nation, and you STILL deny it! No one here is asking you believe in a CT, we are just saying believe what he has told us directly.!

I think you guys are nuts.

This "service" thing is a good idea, not a cloaked draft.

The idea is to encourage people to volunteer, and if that means giving them college credits or vouchers towards paying for state college classes, so what? And the idea of a national security force is not a bad idea either to be honest. It would be a logical way to reign in the FBI and Homeland security, and get them under one umbrella. They are NOT talking about armed jack-boot wearing soldiers on every street corner.

Nice imagination though.

It will become one of those things you will be shamed into doing just like a lot of high school drop outs don't brag about not finishing school.

Haha, not me.

Its time we stand and say.

That I’m proud to be a drop out,

where at least I know I have no future.

And I wont forget the teachers,

who taught that right to me.

The idea is to encourage people to volunteer, and if that means giving them college credits or vouchers towards paying for state college classes, so what?

I have no problem with that. Making it mandatory isn't encouragement though, and it isn't volunteering. If people can do it of their own free will, and get rewarded, great, but don't make it mandatory what adults do with their lives.

Haha, not me.

Its time we stand and say.

That I’m proud to be a drop out,

where at least I know I have no future.

And I wont forget the teachers,

who taught that right to me.

You are right young man and damn your going into politics anyway so you don't need a high school diploma :lol:

Eggy did you just copy and past one of my posts :P I kid ;)

You are right young man and damn your going into politics anyway so you don't need a high school diploma :lol:

I got my G.E.D. and took the S.A.T.s so I can get into college still, just didn't feel like wasting time finishing 12th grade, because I needed to get a job for some money.

I never said 0bama said that on election day, and dont tell me I didnt here him directly say we needed a home land security force as well trained and as well funded as the military. Cause thats exactly what the man said. To try and spin it any other way is a insult to the American peoples intelligence.

We need a national security force like a submarine needs a screen door. The insult to one's intelligence would be to assert such a wild claim. If indeed our president does attempt to assemble such a force, it will not be accepted or supported by the people.

Blindmessiah, if indeed the young people in question were adults then they would have every right to make this a voluntary decision on their own. However, as they are not adults (yet) there is nothing wrong with teaching them the value of community service and hard work. Young adults need guidance, and finding out early on that we all have to do things in life we don't like to do but are required or needs to be done, is'nt such a bad thing.

Blindmessiah, if indeed the young people in question were adults then they would have every right to make this a voluntary decision on their own. However, as they are not adults (yet) there is nothing wrong with teaching them the value of community service and hard work. Young adults need guidance, and finding out early on that we all have to do things in life we don't like to do but are required or needs to be done, is'nt such a bad thing.

I'm under the impression that these will be college age individuals which are legally adults.

I'm under the impression that these will be college age individuals which are legally adults.

Ah, I see, college age teens. Thanks for the heads up.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...volunteers.html

9:40AM BST 12 Apr 2009

Gordon Brown has vowed to make every young person do 50 hours of voluntary work by the time they reach the age of 19.

He went on: "That would mean young people being expected to contribute at least 50 hours of community service by the time they have reached the age of 19.

"This will build on the platform provided by citizenship classes as they develop in our schools. But because the greater part of what I envisage as community service takes place outside the school day, it will require the close involvement of local community organisations and charities."

There would also be a "clear system of accreditation" to mark what youngsters have achieved through voluntary work, he added.

Mr Brown proposed the idea of a National Youth Service to channel teenagers into voluntary work last year. It is due to be formally launched in September, and would become compulsory if Labour was re-elected.

Eighteen is an adult.

And still in high school it could be used as a prerequisite to graduation, just like all of the other homework you'd have to do.

Of course, if someone were smart they'd have it done years before that when the jobs expected would be easier.

Edited by Michelle

Yes. You did hear him say that. You heard him say that while he was talking about the Foreign Service, AmeriCorps, and the Peace Corps, all non-military groups.

Ok, then you tell me, what does a non military group have to do with home land security???

At no point did you hear anything about kids being in any form of military.

I didnt??? So he is expecting working folks to volunteer for this program?? As well trained and funded as all branches of the military? Where will we find the time??

Edited by preacherman76

The idea is to encourage people to volunteer, and if that means giving them college credits or vouchers towards paying for state college classes, so what? And the idea of a national security force is not a bad idea either to be honest. It would be a logical way to reign in the FBI and Homeland security, and get them under one umbrella. They are NOT talking about armed jack-boot wearing soldiers on every street corner.

Nice imagination though.

As well funded and trained as all branches of the military?????? For what???????????????? You would only need a force that perpared and funded in the homeland for one thing, civil unrest.

National Youth Service?

In Germany I believed they called it the Hitler Youth.

Wow, Godwins law on the first reply.

Wow, Godwins law on the first reply.

Some might see it that way. Others might say its simply learning from history. Somthing libs have refused to do in nearly every aspect of our lifes.

Ok, then you tell me, what does a non military group have to do with home land security???

I certainly could tell you, since you do not seem to have the imagination to figure it the many different ways in which civilians can help with homeland security, but even if I list a hundred reasons, it would not change the fact that you claimed "Wow, 0bama has said these kids will be a form of MILITARY." and you referred to something that Obama said that was not referring to the military.

?? So he is expecting working folks to volunteer for this program?? As well trained and funded as all branches of the military? Where will we find the time??

Since kids (remember "Wow, 0bama has said these kids will be a form of MILITARY. ") are generally not included in the category of "Working Folks", I imagine that, no, he isn't expecting working folks to volunteer for this programs. He would, however, (since he was directly referring to them), expect the people in Foreign Service, AmeriCorps, and the Peace Corps, to be as well-trained and funded as the branches of the military. Frankly, having met many members of the Peace Corp, they don't have too far to go. They are already as good as many of the military personnel I know.

Some might see it that way. Others might say its simply learning from history. Somthing libs have refused to do in nearly every aspect of our lifes.

Yeah, we already covered the whole "Hitler Youth,Godwin's Law" a few pages ago. No need to re-hash it.

Edited by aquatus1

List of those who have been, in the eyes of some at least, the New Hitler in recent years:

Slobodan Milosevic;

Saddam Hussein;

Kim Jong Il;

Osama bin Laden;

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad;

George W. Bush (in the eyes of some);

Barack Obama ( " " " " " );

Gordon Brown.

Do you see how the anaology has been weakened through over-use?

Yea, cause no one has ever created a youth corps with bad intentions :unsure2:

He who forgets is destine to remember.

May I remind everybody that the Nazi Party was Germanys version of the Labour Party.