Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
__Kratos__

'Dollhouse': Fox won't air 13th episode, but

__Kratos__

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog star Felicia Day set off a Joss Whedon-fan panic this afternoon when she tweeted "Found out my Dollhouse ep, #13 isn't gonna air. Only on DVD. Such a great part too. Thx Fox. :( "

It's true. Fox bought and paid for 13 hours of Dollhouse (from sister company 20th Century Fox), one of which turned out to be the scrapped pilot that Whedon wound up reshooting. Which means Day's episode, "Epitaph One," is the 14th -- which the network didn't buy. And isn't going to buy. "We currently do not have plans to air 'Epitaph One,'" says a Fox source, who added that this decision does not reflect the network's feelings about the show or whether Dollhouse will be renewed. An official announcement about Dollhouse's possible return for next season will be made at the network's upfronts in May.

More of the article here: Link

----------------------------------------

Why must Fox keep screwing with the fans to tick us all off?! >_<

GreyWeather

I would have thought Whedon would have learnt from last time. That Fox is just a crappy company, who base their whole veiwings on Reality TV...

I'm hoping Sarah Connor Chronicles and Dollhouse get a new season go ahead this May.

D1CKY D1AMOND
I would have thought Whedon would have learnt from last time. That Fox is just a crappy company, who base their whole veiwings on Reality TV...

I'm hoping Sarah Connor Chronicles and Dollhouse get a new season go ahead this May.

Not that I have anything against Whedon but his new show blew IMO compared to his other stuff. I do not believe it will be renewed.

TSCC however may be renewed because of the publicity it will get from the new movie.

GreyWeather
Not that I have anything against Whedon but his new show blew IMO compared to his other stuff. I do not believe it will be renewed.

TSCC however may be renewed because of the publicity it will get from the new movie.

I liked the Dollhouse concept.

It should have had a better pilot, and the cop guy should have had a reason for hunting the Dollhouse. Rather than just. Hunting for it. For some reason.

It's gotten better though, the last episode to air was great.

Funky Poacher

I love Whedon. HATE this show. I couldn't get sucked in, no matter how I tried. And I tried. The concept it cute, but I don't think it was executed well. Also, I do not like Dushku (spelling?). She must be a doll (no pun intended) to work with though, Joss loves her it seems.

But yes, FOX is EVIL. Did he learn nothing with Firefly? Bah.

GreyWeather

You're right.

The first few episodes were badly executed, but the last couple episodes were starting to really get going.

D1CKY D1AMOND
You're right.

The first few episodes were badly executed, but the last couple episodes were starting to really get going.

Yeah but people won't tune in week after week or not enough to warrant another season though. The problem with a lot of shows this includes others like Lost and Heroes is that the story arc goes nowhere until the end of a season or the next season.... I want good TV now not good tv starting on eps 10 or 11 of season 1.

Corp

Why do people even bother bringing their shows to Fox when they're always pulling this crap? I swear Fox is run by a monkey with a dart board.

Funky Poacher

Me thinks perhaps Joss was desperate? At least he'll be learning his lesson. Maybe.

BlindMessiah
Yeah but people won't tune in week after week or not enough to warrant another season though. The problem with a lot of shows this includes others like Lost and Heroes is that the story arc goes nowhere until the end of a season or the next season.... I want good TV now not good tv starting on eps 10 or 11 of season 1.

Hell, Lost is near the end of season five and the plot of the show still hasn't been revealed, but you'll notice, it's in season five, and hasn't been cut. It still pulls in over twenty million viewers. I don't think you can blame a show's poor audience numbers strictly to prolonged story arcs, as Lost is direct disproof of this.

D1CKY D1AMOND
Hell, Lost is near the end of season five and the plot of the show still hasn't been revealed, but you'll notice, it's in season five, and hasn't been cut. It still pulls in over twenty million viewers. I don't think you can blame a show's poor audience numbers strictly to prolonged story arcs, as Lost is direct disproof of this.

It's not pulling in Lost season 1 premier viewers... Actually it's audience has been declining week after week and the network will likely pull it if viewers don't start tuning in again. The shows viewing average is maybe 10 million, season 5 has by far seen the largest drop in viewership.

Even the writers I think want to wrap up the show and move on while everyone is still ahead.

Great show but not formatted well enough to stay on for as long as it has. Lost is direct proof that a show with no direction fades away.

Why do people even bother bringing their shows to Fox when they're always pulling this crap? I swear Fox is run by a monkey with a dart board.

To get a paycheck....

Networks want to make money and they need viewers to do it. I wouldn't call it crap when a network pulls a show with a small viewership, doing this doesn't make Fox anymore 'evil' then any other network.

They pulled Firefly for the same reason they pulled Dollhouse as well, it underperformed.... Although it made a comeback in DVD sales.

B'Elanna
It's not pulling in Lost season 1 premier viewers... Actually it's audience has been declining week after week and the network will likely pull it if viewers don't start tuning in again. The shows viewing average is maybe 10 million, season 5 has by far seen the largest drop in viewership.

Even the writers I think want to wrap up the show and move on while everyone is still ahead.

Great show but not formatted well enough to stay on for as long as it has. Lost is direct proof that a show with no direction fades away.

To get a paycheck....

Networks want to make money and they need viewers to do it. I wouldn't call it crap when a network pulls a show with a small viewership, doing this doesn't make Fox anymore 'evil' then any other network.

They pulled Firefly for the same reason they pulled Dollhouse as well, it underperformed.... Although it made a comeback in DVD sales.

So, Fox is the only network that would pick up Firefly and Dollhouse originally then?

Funky Poacher

I thought FOX was holding the rights to Firefly? Unfortunately, I think the only real reason Joss gave up on Firefly was this whole Dollhouse thing... support for it (Firefly) was strong. Damn it, Serenity would never have been made if not for the fans.

D1CKY D1AMOND
So, Fox is the only network that would pick up Firefly and Dollhouse originally then?

Maybe... Can't say for sure. It may have been the only network Joss went to as well.

I thought FOX was holding the rights to Firefly? Unfortunately, I think the only real reason Joss gave up on Firefly was this whole Dollhouse thing... support for it (Firefly) was strong. Damn it, Serenity would never have been made if not for the fans.

Serenity while a good movie bombed in theaters but like it TV counterpart made it's money back in DVD sales... I highly doubt anything Firefly related would be released on anything other then DVD now.

B'Elanna
Maybe... Can't say for sure. It may have been the only network Joss went to as well.

Serenity while a good movie bombed in theaters but like it TV counterpart made it's money back in DVD sales... I highly doubt anything Firefly related would be released on anything other then DVD now.

Well if Fox had the rights and then later axed the show, that's really sad but then going back to Fox with Dollhouse was a really bad move in that case (I haven't even seen Dollhouse, though). I mean, Firefly was a really great show, I loved it I think maybe they just didn't 'sell' it to the public right - "Well, it's not Buffy, but.... I think it certainly deserves more credit and publicity than it got, over here in Australia, anyway. I don't remember if it was on free-to-air tv, only on pay tv on the Fox Network which would only give it limited exposure. I don't think it got enough time to develop properly.

__Kratos__

Upfronts: Fox Renews ‘Dollhouse’

It’s the surprise pick-up of the season: Fox ordered a second season of “Dollhouse” on Friday, despite seriously low ratings.

Joss Whedon, the show’s creator, called the season order “nothing short of a gift.”

Variety says it will “likely stay on Friday, where Fox is hoping to stick with scripted shows.”

Maureen Ryan of the Chicago Tribune says the show “didn’t get great overnight ratings but did very well when DVR use, iTunes and Internet viewing were added to the overall picture.” The renewal leads her to wonder: “Could the tyranny of the Nielsen overnight ratings be over? If a network like Fox, which is not known for its sentiment and softness, renews a show like ‘Dollhouse,’ the paradigm has surely shifted.”

Article here: Link

-----------------------------------------

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

Funky Poacher
Could the tyranny of the Nielsen overnight ratings be over?

:nw:

If only!