Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Surgeons find a FIR TREE inside a man's lung

Still Waters

Shocked Russian surgeons claim they found a five-centimetre fir tree growing inside a man's lung as they operated on him for suspected cancer.

The amazing discovery apparently was made when they opened up Artyom Sidorkin, 28, to remove what they thought was a serious tumour.

linked-imageRead more...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• The Silver Thong

• schizoidwoman

• sarah snow

Thats pretty odd, the trees are evolving and we are doomed lol I wonder what would have happened if it wasn't discovered, what a way to go.

the mental image i have now of tree roots entwined in the little airsack things (im too lazy to check wiki) of our lungs is rather disturbing

That is just bizzarely disturbing. I wonder what is growing in my lungs. Feels a bit like bambo.... :cry:

That is just bizzarely disturbing. I wonder what is growing in my lungs. Feels a bit like bambo.... :cry:

Oh Oh better get some round up and take care of that LOL

Wow!! :o I hope this means he'll now make a good recovery :yes:

:blink: wow, does this mean he can breath under water for a long time.

Excellent line licker LOL...well put :lol:

I had the biggest fear of accidentally swallowing an apple seed when I was kid because I thought a tree would grow in my belly. :o

Those fears just came back aaaaaahhhhggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!

They should've left it... it would've been just right at Christmas!

I had the biggest fear of accidentally swallowing an apple seed when I was kid because I thought a tree would grow in my belly. :o

Those fears just came back aaaaaahhhhggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Same here but I had a worse fear of watermelon seeds LOL

Same here but I had a worse fear of watermelon seeds LOL

When I was a kid we were told that chewing gum would wrap round your lungs and strangle you!

When I was a kid we were told that chewing gum would wrap round your lungs and strangle you!

I was told that if I swallowed gum.it would stick all my internal organs together and it would be the end of me...........I believed it :blink:

I was told that if I swallowed gum.it would stick all my internal organs together and it would be the end of me...........I believed it :blink:

So did we! I wonder if those stories are still told... I hope so. :lol:

is it true that apple pips contain a small amount of <_< dam i have forgotten it.

I will be back once my brain has thought of what apple pips contain.

:w00t: got it, cyanide, WELL? IM WAITING!!

I think they do... peach stones do as well, though it'd be harder to swallow one by accident.

I can't find any trustworthy sources to confirm that, I just think you're right but I think it's a teeny, tiny amount.

Edit - Here's a source.

"SYMPTOMS

In very small doses, the human digestive tract is capable of breaking down plant cyanides into harmless compounds. Therefore, accidental ingestion of a single apple seed or cherry pit, though not recommended, is unlikely to cause any serious trouble.

However, larger doses cause anxiety, confusion, dizziness, headaches, and vomiting. In severe poisoning, breathing difficulty, increased blood pressure and heart rate, and kidney failure are followed by coma and convulsions. Death may then occur rapidly from respiratory arrest."

Edited by schizoidwoman

How's it so green if it never had any contact with sunlight? Chlorophyll wouldn't be that bright if it was lacking the sun. And as baby tree, it would need to harness photosynthesis just not the carbon dioxide. Right?

is it true that apple pips contain a small amount of <_< dam i have forgotten it.

I will be back once my brain has thought of what apple pips contain.

As a kid, I used to dig a hol in my back yeard and think that if I placed them in there........I would see an apple tree soon...........I waited........and waited.and still don't see that apple tree ....my get rich quick idea went out the window LMAO

How's it so green if it never had any contact with sunlight? Chlorophyll wouldn't be that bright if it was lacking the sun. And as baby tree, it would need to harness photosynthesis just not the carbon dioxide. Right?

Maybe he yawns a lot! ;)

So did we! I wonder if those stories are still told... I hope so. :lol:

*makes mental note on what to tell Becky when she chews gum* :lol:

Hmm, <_<

I don't know guys.

It would seem impossible for it to grow with no photosynthesis.

I would think that is pretty basic.

I think he was trimming a tree and inhaled a small branch or it is sometype of freaky growth.

But a Fir tree?? Nah......