Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are you Atheist, Theist or Agnostic

Magicjax

Which are you?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Atheist, Theist or Agnostic

• Atheist
    • Theist
    • Agnostic

I'm just curious to see the results here on UM.

Don't know.

Like this quote though:

Atheism is more than just the knowledge that gods do not exist, and that religion is either a mistake or a fraud. Atheism is an attitude, a frame of mind that looks at the world objectively, fearlessly, always trying to understand all things as a part of nature.

Carl Sagan

Guess I'm an atheist.

Edited by karl 12

Wheres polytheist?

I think that still falls under theist.

There is more than just those 3 you know.

I'm antitheist.

Antitheism may be adopted as a label by those who take the view that theism is dangerous or destructive.

I think that still falls under theist.

Realised that -just changed it :)

Abrahamic Antitheism also sounds like quite an attractive proposition.

Edited by karl 12

Atheist here... :st

There is more than just those 3 you know.

I'm antitheist.

Antitheism may be adopted as a label by those who take the view that theism is dangerous or destructive.

AKA militant atheist :P

*unsheathes sword, raising it high* FFFFRRREEEEDDDOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

Edited by __Kratos__

Like man....I made up my own way to follow god LMAO...not the same from the bible, as I dont believe in bible stories lol

AKA militant atheist :P

*unsheathes sword, raising it high* FFFFRRREEEEDDDOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

:D

Nah, there is a difference. Atheists don't know if God exists. Antitheists don't care (at least I don't), but do think that religion causes much more harm than good.

Myself, I know for certain that my being, self and future aren't at the behest of some almighty, and when I die my body will simply transfer its energy to the ground and life will go on. Nothing could be more amazing.

I could never be a theist, and try and balance my own eternal life against the suffering of millions. It has no justification. I would be happy to be wrong and not go to heaven.

Edited by Emma_Acid
  • Like 1

Nah, there is a difference. Atheists don't know if God exists. Antitheists don't care (at least I don't), but do think that religion causes much more harm than good.

Myself, I know for certain that my being, self and future aren't at the behest of some almighty, and when I die my body will simply transfer its energy to the ground and life will go on. Nothing could be more amazing.

non/anti theist.......it is amazing, simply astounding to return to the earth ... emma you speaka my language...As you I won't be a part of generating harm...

linked-image

Edited by Tangerine Sheri

belief leaning agnostic ..........I believe there is something more.... no proof , no facts ..... just never say never.

I think you've got those two mixed up. Atheists do NOT believe there is a God and apathetic while an atitheist is actively or vehemently against the belief in God.

Sorry about my mistake when I first posted. The poll thing on this forum works kind of funny. But I fixed it as soon as I noticed. :)

My line of thinking of only the three choices was you either:

-Don't believe there is a god of any kind

-Believe there is a god (Take your pick but a creator of all things, all knowing, eternal, etc...)

-Not sure if there is a god

I realize there are other choices out there but those 3 I feel pretty much go right to the point.

Edited by Magicjax

I'm an agnostic atheist. I don't believe we can know whether or not god exists, therefore I'm agnostic, but I personally don't believe he does, therefore I'm an atheist.

I think you've got those two mixed up. Atheists do NOT believe there is a God and apathetic while an atitheist is actively or vehemently against the belief in God.

no, you're absolutely right, should have made that clearer. It wasn't the focus of my post tho, but thanks for pulling me up on it!

Sorry about my mistake when I first posted. The poll thing on this forum works kind of funny. But I fixed it as soon as I noticed. :)

-Believe there is a god (Take your pick but a creator of all things, all knowing, eternal, etc...)

I realize there are other choices out there but those 3 I feel pretty much go right to the point.

But the thing is, I do believe there could be, just not in the form that we're lead to believe in. On top of that, the actual belief system itself can be so detrimental to the individual, to society and to civilisation, so whether I believe or not is irrelevant - hence the "happy not to go to heaven" comment. I simply don't think its worth what it costs us.

I believe in god..but not the creator of ALL things...

Ok..what'd this last mmm about a week or so?...

I'm an I don't know don't give a rat's assist... AKA a Buddhist.

I leave you with this expression of awesomness....

linked-image

There you go.

Edited by Dr. Peter Venkman

I'll side with the Agnostics...religion is all cool and stuff, but most don't have me totally convinced.

Atheist (There's never a poll option that says Jedi).

Agnostic atheist over here!

Agnostic atheism

—the view of those who do not claim to know of the existence of any deity, and do not believe in any

I voted Atheist but not a militant Atheist :P

I don't care that much for labels; but I would definitely be considered a theist.

I view myself as more of an adopted son per Galations 3:26

26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

PS. I've had some experience with the supernatural, and there's just no denying it. It's real; it's no fairy tale and it's not make believe. Just so you know....

Techinally Agnostic because I can't say for sure but I lean MUCH closer to Atheism then to Theism so I generally refer to myself as atheist.