Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Odd childhood memories you have...

NosmoKing

Yes, actually, when I was two or three I was laying in my crib trying to go to sleep and these strange men with weird masks, almost like hats from Fat Albert, came out from behind my dresser and started poking at me and pulling my hair. I screamed and ran out to my grandparents who were watching the tonight show and they made me hot chocolate. So wierd.

I will never get to sleep again in my entire life. Ever.

Edit: Three posts? Soz, this one and the last one were all supposed to be one post.

Edited by Undeadskeptic

I remember some odd event sometime when I was younger...for some reason my mother and most of her side of the family were pulling weeds out of a field, then later on my mother, my grandma,maybe some other people, and I drove out to a swamp to dump the weeds. For some reason i wondered off and came to this part where I was in the long grass. Suddenly I heard this rattling and a huge snake like body brushed through the grass. I remember screaming and running off saying it was a rattlesnake or Anaconda. :)

• 2 weeks later...

When I was four, my mom took me to the store with her. After we were done shopping, she put me in the car first so she could put the groceries away. I climbed to the drivers seat and drove away using a stick to reach the drivers seat. :X

I was spending the night at my cousins house, which was a routine. i was like 6 and my cousins were like 5 and 3. anyway, i was sleeping at their house right. well for some reason i woke up and i swear i saw this clown. the only thing was, it was...it was like my size...and it looked like those old 80's costumes...the plastic mask kind..and it was walking towards me...but with a balloon in one hand. it was sorta giggling.. i would close my eyesm hoping it would go away, when i would open them...it would be closer and closer then when it reached me...it stopped giggling then smiled...it had thise spike like teeth they were yellow. i was petrified. i just closed my eyes as tight as i could..then when i woke up...it was gone, so i went back to sleep. the next morning we woke up and got dressed then i looked, and there was a picture of that same clown on the wall!!! the dream or whatever is so vivid to me still that was like 24 years ago.

I always had to fast-forward a scene in the second Jurassic Park movie, because I thought there was a scene where the little green dinosaurs pecked a mans eyes out. Watched it recently and there is NO scene anything like that!

I remember something exactly like that! I'm not sure what movie it was in, but I remember some scene happening in a totally different way than it actually did. :/

When I was about 10 or 11, I remember going to the grocery store with my mom. She was putting groceries into the van, and climbed over the back seat to open the back doors for her as we were backing up (I wasn't aware that she put the groceries in the back seat and not the trunk). Thing is, for years I could only remember seeing the back doors open from the side, like I was outside the van watching. I couldn't remember watching the doors open from inside the back.

I still vividly recall a dream I had. I was lying in bed and there was a person with glowing red eye's that seemed to be at least 12 feet tall standing outside the window of my room. I called for my mother and she looked at it and said "It's just the preacher. Go back to sleep."

I was terrified to sleep on my back for literally years after that - I had to sleep on my side facing away from the window.

The reason I bring it up here is because it didn't really fit the dream logic idea - I was in bed, there were no lapses in logic and I still recall every single bit of the dream... And my mother remembers one night at around the same time when I called to her and claimed that a man with red eye's was outside my window, but always assumed she had dreamt it...

Just a weird memory that overlaps between two people.

I'm going to make this reference only because of the "preacher" part. It was SLENDER MAN. I've seen some preachers wear business suits and Slender Man is described as wearing a black business suit. He's also very tall and tends to peek into windows.

I think I have an answer to some of the "flying" posts in this thread. When you are trying to fall asleep, sometimes you enter a state where you are able to project yourself out of your body, otherwise known as astral projection. While in this state you can go wherever you like depending on how freely you can let go of your physical body. Some can even project themselves into outer space! It's something I'd love to learn how to do but it requires a lot of mental training.

And now for my creepy memory:

When I was about 6 years old I went to go see the Spice World movie in theaters with a bunch of my family members (I can't really say went because I was too young to do stuff freely like that). At the end of the movie where the Spice Girls walk up to the screen and start talking, I distinctly remember them saying, (one Spice girl) "Hey girls come look! Isn't he cute?". (other Spice Girl) "Who?" (other other Spice Girl) "That little boy right there *points to me*" I got shy and decided to hide behind one of the seats, and what followed was probably the creepiest thing I've ever experienced. (one Spice Girl) "Aw where'd he go?" (the other) "Oh look he's going to pop up!" After which I stand up from behind the seat, "*giggles and laughter*". They then wave and say goodbye which I then waved goodbye back. The movie then continued to the credits. Now I told this story to tell another story.

When the Spice World movie came out for VCR, we rented it and invited my cousins and aunt to watch it at our house. When it got to that last scene in the movie, the Spice Girls proceeded to talk about each individual person in the room. The most vivid being when they complimented my cousin's dress. Now it seems really weird to me that the dialogue at the end of the movie changed to match what was going on outside the TV. Anybody else have creepy moments related to Spice World?

Edited by Tokemus

I remember something exactly like that! I'm not sure what movie it was in, but I remember some scene happening in a totally different way than it actually did. :/

When I was about 10 or 11, I remember going to the grocery store with my mom. She was putting groceries into the van, and climbed over the back seat to open the back doors for her as we were backing up (I wasn't aware that she put the groceries in the back seat and not the trunk). Thing is, for years I could only remember seeing the back doors open from the side, like I was outside the van watching. I couldn't remember watching the doors open from inside the back.

Coincidentally, I also have a good many memories from a veiw point I couldn't possibly have had. I remember sitting at a circular table playing cards once, but I can only remember it from a top veiw, with the cig smoke floating up to the roof.

Does anyone have any odd childhood memories--which you remember as something very real happening to you, but looking back upon it you know it couldn't have possibly happened?

I remember when I was about 4 years old and had just gotten out of the shower. I was wrapped only in a towel but got sidetracked and started watching the tv show The Price Is Right. After a few minutes the guy who was hosting The Price Is Right turned and looked directly at me and said "Put some clothes on already!"

I know this couldn't have possibly happened, but my memory of it is very real. Has this happened to anyone else? What was your experience?

I don't have any memories of anything that couldn't have happened.

I have a lot of memories of things that shouldn't have happened.

• Sad 1

I was spending the night at my cousins house, which was a routine. i was like 6 and my cousins were like 5 and 3. anyway, i was sleeping at their house right. well for some reason i woke up and i swear i saw this clown. the only thing was, it was...it was like my size...and it looked like those old 80's costumes...the plastic mask kind..and it was walking towards me...but with a balloon in one hand. it was sorta giggling.. i would close my eyesm hoping it would go away, when i would open them...it would be closer and closer then when it reached me...it stopped giggling then smiled...it had thise spike like teeth they were yellow. i was petrified. i just closed my eyes as tight as i could..then when i woke up...it was gone, so i went back to sleep. the next morning we woke up and got dressed then i looked, and there was a picture of that same clown on the wall!!! the dream or whatever is so vivid to me still that was like 24 years ago.

That clown sonds like Pennywise the clown from the movie IT.

I am 50 now and I can clearly remember three childhood memories, I was around 5-6 years old and I was playing out on a big haystack that my father had baled and all the sudden a very tiny jet flys up to me and stops and hovers, I could see a tiny being inside the jet window just staring at me, That was strange and I remember that very clearly, Another time at about age 5 I was in the milking barn with my dad and I had walked to the other end of the barn and seen a pit that had what I called spooks, These spooks were kind of transparent and they were slithering like snakes, That has stayed with me my whole life, My third childhood memory was that we had a pond out on the back farmland and me and my family had gone swimming and I can remember swimming underwater and I could breath underwater as long as I kept my chin tucked to my chest,,,

All very real memories that has stayed with me to this day, Impossible I know now but these seemed so real my entire life,

I had dangerously high fevers due to tonsilitis as a kid, and was in and out of the hospital a lot before my tonsils became so infected that I nearly died. Apparently, my pediatrician did not think that I should have had them removed earlier for some stupid reason. I ended up having them out and getting a new pediatrician.

Anyway, my first childhood memories involve fever hallucinations. So, they weren't real and I know that, but I did see them. I guess that qualifies? I remember seeing chess pieces coming to life and surrounding my crib/bed one night. They rose up out of the floor and sort of took shape as they did so. I don't remember how I reacted or anything like that, but I can't imagine not being terrified.

Edited by Marby

I had dangerously high fevers due to tonsilitis as a kid, and was in and out of the hospital a lot before my tonsils became so infected that I nearly died. Apparently, my pediatrician did not think that I should have had them removed earlier for some stupid reason. I ended up having them out and getting a new pediatrician.

Anyway, my first childhood memories involve fever hallucinations. So, they weren't real and I know that, but I did see them. I guess that qualifies? I remember seeing chess pieces coming to life and surrounding my crib/bed one night. They rose up out of the floor and sort of took shape as they did so. I don't remember how I reacted or anything like that, but I can't imagine not being terrified.

Hi Marby;

Funny thing you mentioned fever halucinations, When I was about twenty years old I had cuaght phnemonia (check Spelling) but I was in fever at 104.6 and everything I looked at appeared yellow and the last thing I remember was seeing my dead grandfather standing in front of me then I passed out and woke up in the hospital for three weeks,, So I agree that fever can and will do that to anyone,

Regards;

TFF

Hi Marby;

Funny thing you mentioned fever halucinations, When I was about twenty years old I had cuaght phnemonia (check Spelling) but I was in fever at 104.6 and everything I looked at appeared yellow and the last thing I remember was seeing my dead grandfather standing in front of me then I passed out and woke up in the hospital for three weeks,, So I agree that fever can and will do that to anyone,

Regards;

TFF

WOW! That's some serious fever hallucinations. But I guess they tend to be when your body is basically roasting from the inside.

WOW! That's some serious fever hallucinations. But I guess they tend to be when your body is basically roasting from the inside.

ya it was a bad time in my life, I have had it several times and the last one was in 2002 and I told my wife then that I didnt think I was comming home, It nearly killed me so nowadays I have to be very carful going out in the cold,

Thanks for sharing your experience too,

Regards;

TFF

ya it was a bad time in my life, I have had it several times and the last one was in 2002 and I told my wife then that I didnt think I was comming home, It nearly killed me so nowadays I have to be very carful going out in the cold,

Thanks for sharing your experience too,

Regards;

TFF

Thanks for sharing yours! Definitely stay safe.

I think maybe in childhood our minds are open to believing anything (half the stuff I read in science and history books seemed pure fantasy at that age, but because it was in a school book I believed it), so when something a little odd happens it expands in our mind into something bigger--we remember it in an fantastical way. Whereas being an adult, if something a little odd happens we write it off immediately and try to rationalise it, and thus remember it as something very normal. As a child our minds don't tell us we are misinterpreting things, we take it as it is.

i remeber being ultra thirsty wen i was about 2 and a image of a flask cup used to appear also a manta ray sort of creature used to float up and down the hall way, somtimes if it got angry it would turn red...theres lots really , more far out... i also remeber being born and before i was born inside my mothers womb.... also the day i walked i remeber and before that..strange but true, even i have a hard time accepting it considering my short term memeroy is WHACK!...lol

Alot of these happen at 4 years of age... :blink:

I have 2 stories to contribute. The first one was when I was ~7, I was walking down a dirt road that went by our house, and I heard a noise in the woods on my right. I made my way through a big tangle of thorns and came out into a clearing. It was a flat rectangle of perfect green grass, surrounded by rows of really tall ferns. It was SO GREEN! Like, impossibly, overwhelmingly green. Yes, it was summer, but I still remember it being the most vividly green landscape in my life.

The second happens a few years later. I was maybe 10, and I had just gotten a 10-speed bike. I rode down the street, and turned onto an ATV trail. I remember biking in, and then biking out. When I came out of the trail, the sun was going down. But when I went in, it was around noon. It was pretty disorienting.

I don't have any memories of anything that couldn't have happened.

I have a lot of memories of things that shouldn't have happened.

Wow... deep.

I don't really have any weird memories of when I was very young, in fact I don't seem to remember much at all from younger than 10 or so.

But I do have a couple of odd memories that never happened, both of which 'happened' on different occasions when I was in the Boy Scouts, I was probably aged about 13-14.

The first memory is of being camped in a field, bordered on all sides by trees and seeing an absolutely gigantic plane, seemed to be a WWII bomber or somesuch, fly incredibly low over the campsite, but making very little sound.

The second memory is of being on an overnight hike and seeing a toad down by the riverside which must have been ooh, five feet long and at least three feet high. Yes, a giant toad, glistening in the moonlight. I remember stopping the hike to observe and discuss it somewhat.

A few years ago I chatted about these memories to someone who would have been present on both occasions, and he had no idea what I was on about. So I haven't a clue where those memories came from at all, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember flying from a certain airport to Portugal.

I have never been to that airport, nor have I been to Portugal :unsure:

But I remember it SO vividly!! I even took my mum to that airport to prove I knew the exact layout of the airport.

Unfortunately I couldn't take her to Portugal :rolleyes:

But it was definitely weird..

• 2 months later...

When i was 5 a black thing in a robe with black wings swooped down picked me up and dropped me in a pond. It was obviously a dream but felt so real.

Edited by Slender_man

Yeah I had something like that happen once when I was around 4 or 5.

I was walking around in the woods behind our house and a man dressed like a clown started saying my name. Probably just a very clear dream I had.

I am not scared of clowns, but that dream is mega CREEPY

^ lol Getting the centaur's autograph would have involved jumping out of a moving car, something that seriously would've messed up my pretty little holiday dress.

id sacrafice a dress for a centaurs autograph thjough :3

welll,actually,i doubt id have a dress to ruin,since i dont wear dresses...but id give my fav. shirt for an autograpg from a centaur!:D

I am not scared of clowns, but that dream is mega CREEPY

Why can clowns be so creepy? Is it not seeing the face as it is covered by makeup or what?