Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Republicans now into teabagging parties !

Lt_Ripley

And honestly, everytime hear about this stuff all I wonder is how dumb and lazy is the average citizen.

Sure wastefull spending should be watched, and any hint of wrongdoing should be a criminal offence... but..

You mean like voting for a 1200 page 700 billion dollar bill with out ever reading it? I agree they should all be in prison.

THE PEOPLE want healthcare... they want the worlds strongest military.. they want the national guard to watch the borders.. they want new roads... new hospitals.. new schools..

Howver.. they DONT WANT TO PAY FOR IT.

wtf.

0bama has now spent, and is planning to spend more money than all other administrations combined, dooming our children into indefinite poverty. The only thing on your list here that the goverment even has the authority to spend money on is the military. The rest according to the constitution should be left to the states. Our goverment has far over reached thier power, and has become a tyrannical goverment. Thats why we are assembling a peaceful protest, while it still can be peaceful.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InHuman

• The Silver Thong

• danielost

• Siara

wait wait wait.

I thought only the top 5% were getting taxed. (more, or the same amount as before)..

If so.. who gives a flying **** if they complain?

The man is spending unheard of money, and you think only the top 5% will see more taxes??? Try to buy a pack of ciggaretts latly?? And I promise, thats only the begining.

While I do agree with the message and intent that these protests have, I do wonder where these folks were during the eight years that the Bush administaration was balooning the size of government and increasing the deficit.

Of course when you think about it, Ron Paul has been preaching this for years while no one would listen. Now all of a sudden people like Sean Hannity and Rush are beating the drum for constitutional rights, smaller government, less wasteful spending, and what the founding father's message was all about.

( Sorry. Not just Ron Paul but the entire Libertarian Party too ) That's why I respect the protester's message but see them as being very one sided when it comes to who to hold responsible.

While I do agree with the message and intent that these protests have, I do wonder where these folks were during the eight years that the Bush administaration was balooning the size of government and increasing the deficit.

That is a fair complaint, i know some conservative were upset at bush's spending, particularly the health care entitlement he signed a couple years ago (i don't recall the exact title of the bill at the moment)

Hoever this new spending this year is truly incredible and its only been a couple months, not a good sign.

Of course when you think about it, Ron Paul has been preaching this for years while no one would listen. Now all of a sudden people like Sean Hannity and Rush are beating the drum for constitutional rights, smaller government, less wasteful spending, and what the founding father's message was all about.

( Sorry. Not just Ron Paul but the entire Libertarian Party too ) That's why I respect the protester's message but see them as being very one sided when it comes to who to hold responsible.

This whole thing is a boil over of the Bush administration, and many administrations before him. They just passed it over to 0bama, who's doing the exact same things and much much worse. We have had enough. Myself, Im not going to let any liberal take away what this day means by AGAIN pointing the finger at bush. We are done with BOTH parties, and if we have our way Ron Paul will be the next president of the United States.

I guess my gaming is now self-evident. As I was expecting something FAR far different before opening this thread.

:lol: .

Edit:

Nevermind, my gaming mind was right after all. xDxDxD .

Edited by GreyWeather

That's not what I was talking about, but I'll play along.

The "tea-baggers" aren't saying they don't wanna pay taxes. They're saying the government, among other things, has become too big and taxes way too much.

and yet they are still 10% lower than they were under Reagan ! :lol:

If they come into your home with a warrant to confiscate an illegal substance and you shoot them(which is what you threatened to do), you are a murderer. Are drug dealers who fire upon police patriots or criminals in your eyes?

As stupid as drug laws are they are still laws and the rule of law must be upheld in society.

Confiscate WHAT illegal substance? I'm not growing weed, dude.

I'm growing TOBACCO. And it is PERFECTLY legal in the United States to do so for one's own consumption.

LT, at this point I feel sorry for you. Are you aware the the average working American pays over 50% of his/her income to a wide range of taxes???? That means for half of your work day you are a slave. One question, with 0bama printing trillions, and his plan to spend more money than all other administrations combined over the next 10 years, are you really dumb enough to think EVERYONES taxes ARE NOT going to sky rocket in one form or another, or several???

Even worse, lets say we dont see a single cent in raised taxes. Are you really ok with leaving this debt to your great great great great great grandchildren? Deceit, Deceived. And you think its funny.

Edited by preacherman76

Confiscate WHAT illegal substance? I'm not growing weed, dude.

I'm growing TOBACCO. And it is PERFECTLY legal in the United States to do so for one's own consumption.

And for me personally, my tobacco plants are protected by my right to grow them, and my right to bear arms.

Let the idiot call down the law.

I'm ready, and armed.

You're saying right there that you're ready to fire upon law enforcement officers if they make it illegal, so how are you any different from a drug dealer.

And don't call me dude, dude.

Why do they expect? Your in a reccession.

They voted in a guy who promised among other things a proper healthcare system. How did they think it was gonna work?

If we put in a PROPER HEALTHCARE SYSTEM there will be not be enough meds to go around. My proof is/was the shortage of flu shoots in 2000 after Clinton limited the amount of cash we would pay the makers of those flu shoots. Guess it was a good thing we had some extra from the years before that.

Just for general info. Each year they guess as to which flu is going to be the hit of the year and they make flu shoots according to that. Which means if another flu is the hit of the year no one is protected. Which means those extras were not really helpful, unless they were for the same flu, and purhaps it put people's minds at ease for that year because they got a shoot for the FLU.

They may be lower for the citizen but more companies are paying a minimum tax than under reagan.

LT, at this point I feel sorry for you. Are you aware the the average working American pays over 50% of his/her income to a wide range of taxes???? That means for half of your work day you are a slave. One question, with 0bama printing trillions, and his plan to spend more money than all other administrations combined over the next 10 years, are you really dumb enough to think EVERYONES taxes ARE NOT going to sky rocket in one form or another, or several???

Even worse, lets say we dont see a single cent in raised taxes. Are you really ok with leaving this debt to your great great great great great grandchildren? Deceit, Deceived. And you think its funny.

Why do you think more and more families require two incomes to get by.

If we put in a PROPER HEALTHCARE SYSTEM there will be not be enough meds to go around. My proof is/was the shortage of flu shoots in 2000 after Clinton limited the amount of cash we would pay the makers of those flu shoots. Guess it was a good thing we had some extra from the years before that.

Just for general info. Each year they guess as to which flu is going to be the hit of the year and they make flu shoots according to that. Which means if another flu is the hit of the year no one is protected. Which means those extras were not really helpful, unless they were for the same flu, and purhaps it put people's minds at ease for that year because they got a shoot for the FLU.

Well said. What people dont understand is, we cant even keep up with the dept brought on us by medicare, how on earth do people expect us to pay for universal coverage??? I'd being willing to stick my neck out and say I know exactly how they plan to pay for it, WAY HIGHER TAXES FOR ALL. And even then they will come WAY short. How good is our credit with China??? LOL

Why do you think more and more families require two incomes to get by.

I know my house couldnt afford for me or my wife to lose our job. And I make a pretty good living, and we have spent below our means for a long time. I'd have already lost everything if not for that fact. Sure, I could have bought a 400,000 dollar home like everyone else did. But I knew there might come a day when it wouldnt be possible to keep up with such a morgage. Over the last 2 months my hours have been cut from unlimited over time, to only working 3 days a week.

Why do they expect? Your in a reccession.

They voted in a guy who promised among other things a proper healthcare system. How did they think it was gonna work?

Not all of them voted for him.

Yes, the Democratic congress then had their way.

We've got one of these protests today about 5 blocks from where I work, I'm going :tu:

I got screwed on my income taxes this year because of a 1099 that was issued in 2006 that I was completely unaware of on a former business I had liquidated earlier that year. Here's exactly why I am ticked. It was a $3500.00 job. The Feds taxed me a little bit over $1400.00 on that job. Self-employment tax they call it. How can you justify taxing that amount of money? Taxing IS getting way out of hand. Look at your utility bills, look at your mobile phone bills, there are multiple taxes on each one. These taxes have been creeping in at such a slow pace that most of us don't even realize how much we are really paying in taxes. Between taxes, SSI (which I will probably never see), child support (which is a whole other tax issue with me), union dues, medical/dental insurance and retirement I bring home less than HALF of what I gross. :angry:

The man is spending unheard of money, and you think only the top 5% will see more taxes??? Try to buy a pack of ciggaretts latly?? And I promise, thats only the begining.

I totally agree with this, and you just wait. The government knows people are flocking to the reservations to buy cigarettes now and someday will find out if you are a smoker and just tax your paycheck. Sounds a little far fetched I know but if we don't put our feet down now and continue to be passive about taxes something like will be tried in the future.

And in celebration of April 15th here are some great song lyrics:

One, two, three, four...

Hrmm!

One, two, (one, two, three, four!)

Let me tell you how it will be;

There's one for you, nineteen for me.

'Cause I'm the taxman,

Yeah, I'm the taxman.

Should five per cent appear too small,

Be thankful I don't take it all.

'Cause I'm the taxman,

Yeah, I'm the taxman.

(if you drive a car, car;) - I'll tax the street;

(if you try to sit, sit;) - I'll tax your seat;

(if you get too cold, cold;) - I'll tax the heat;

(if you take a walk, walk;) - I'll tax your feet.

Taxman!

'Cause I'm the taxman,

Yeah, I'm the taxman.

Don't ask me what I want it for, (ah-ah, mister Wilson)

If you don't want to pay some more. (ah-ah, mister heath)

'Cause I'm the taxman,

Yeah, I'm the taxman.

Now my advice for those who die, (taxman)

Declare the pennies on your eyes. (taxman)

'Cause I'm the taxman,

Yeah, I'm the taxman.

And you're working for no one but me.

Taxman!

It's also a lot more then just those taxes :hmm: There are other taxes that have and are being put into place that are trying to balance the government instead of the government being responsible. They're sick and tired of bail outs to the rich businesses while they suffer, out of control spending we've got to pay for and... Generations to come will have to pay for and the expanding government. This really started with Bush and Obama took up the torch and is running with it. Look at the last year and can you say we don't have something to be ticked about because of the government?

too funny !!!!!!! lmao.

Rachel Maddow, she's a clever one. While talking about the conservative movement and their tea parties, Maddow used a phrase that we never thought they'd let past the censors.

She loses it at about 2:00 in, and just barely controls her giggling for the rest of the segment. Awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sggbZvENjEA

ps - the 'rich ' are still paying 10% less in taxes than they paid under Reagan ! lmao. the clueless Tea Partiers.

Ok, I haven't read the entire thread but just wanted to say thanks to Lt_Ripley. The title got me giggling first thing in the morning.

:lol:

HN

You mean like voting for a 1200 page 700 billion dollar bill with out ever reading it? I agree they should all be in prison.

Yup. Giving away taxpayer money as a bonus to the people who ran the economy into this mess should be punishable.

The bottom line is, it is a protest against this ridiculous government spending. It's not republican or democrat, it's the people.
I disagree with you. I think it's a bunch of p***y losers with no creative ideas for rescuing their country trying to assert their "authority" by being vehemently critical of something they themselves have been doing continuously for the past 8 years.

There is nothing funny about that.

I find the mindblowing hypocrisy of it all pretty hilarious actually. Where were all these mature fiscal conservatives during the Bush administration? If these people really cared about ridiculous government spending they would have spoken up before now. They're concerned because the spending is on education and health care for the poor. Blatant partisan b.s. at it's finest.

Edited by Siara

I find the mindblowing hypocrisy of it all pretty hilarious actually. Where were all these mature fiscal conservatives during the Bush administration? If these people really cared about ridiculous government spending they would have spoken up before now. They're concerned because the spending is on education and health care for the poor. Blatant partisan b.s. at it's finest.

To be fair, spending in that past 8 years was if just as wasteful, not on this scale.