Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Lt_Ripley

Republicans now into teabagging parties !

156 posts in this topic

The Silver Thong
You know candian income tax was supposed to be a temporary measure to pay for the first world war... lulz.

Yup, thats what I mean. Once a tax is put in place it stays in place. Anybody that says "temporary tax" is a lier.........

DevilDogPratt
DevilDog I was in Phoenixville.

haha what are the chances of that. weird.

ASOP
:lol: That is to funny.

IamsSon
MUCH MORE THAN A JOKE. For all you faint hearts out there. The ones who think we're done, defeated, and doomed. We're capitalists and so we're allowed to make use of quantitative concepts the know-nothing political science majors of the MSM have never heard of. One that's vitally relevant is something that came out of the whole quality improvement/customer satisfaction initiative of the 1980s and 1990s:

linked-image

CNN, MSNBC, etc, wanted to dismiss the April 15 tea parties because the nationwide total was only somewhere between 225,000 and 250,000 active protesters. Look at the graphic. The active protesters were registering customer complaints against the federal government. The analogy works because unlike professional performances such as WTO protests and anti-war protests (which are organized and staffed by trained agitators), the tea parties were spontaneous, amateur, middle-class demonstrations. Every participant was, in fact, an unhappy customer who actually voiced a complaint to management, usually without any prior instance of having done so in such a direct way. Now look at the multipliers. The unavoidable implication is that there is a huge population of unhappy customers of which the tea party activists are a tiny subset.

Now consider two more facts. According to participants in a wide range of locations, this action was not confined to Republicans. There were Democrats aplenty involved in addition to Republicans and self-styled conservatives. Again, not professionals but ordinary citizens who were moved to protest in public for the first time in their lives. Imagine how bad the food and service have to be at a restaurant before you send a meal back for the first time in your life, no matter how shy and retiring you have always been about confronting your server.

Second fact. The real tax increases and personal impacts of the new administration's policies haven't occurred yet. We're still less than 100 days into the Obama regime. How many more will be willing to complain in public when this kind of economic punishment is passed into law?

Source

Using the Customer Complaint Iceberg, I'd say we're looking at the beginnings of a movement with real potential for foundational change in the way the Federal government operates. According the the graphic one customer unhappy enough to express his grievance to management represents 25 customers who are also unhappy, but have not voiced their complaint. Conservative numbers for Tea Party attendance nationwide put the number of attendees at over 623,000, which means their views represent the views of as many as 15,575,000 people who actually have the same complaint, and 972,000,000 (3x the number of people in the U.S.!) who either have the same complaint or will hear about it and consider it!

I dearly hope the Democratic Party will continue to dismiss this grassroots movement as nothing more than racist, sour-grapes Republicans! I want to see the faces of Obama, his cabinet, Pelosi, and Reid AND all the "Big Government" Republicans on the day after the 2010 Congressional elections as they're all handed their walking papers (well, in Obama's case, he'll just become a lame duck President).

Kimi81
What's not being talked about in all of this is Obama's tax on the tobacco industry. I'm a smoker, and I'll freely admit it. But his taxes don't affect me as much because I grow my own tobacco here at home. He put the tax on the distributers, retailers, and buyers. Not on the farmers. It's laughable. The hypocrite brings the hammer down on the tobacco industry, and he's a consumer himself. But he's smart enough not to bring the tax on the farmers because he knows they're his source of smack, and levying a tax on the farmers screws the entire tobacco industry.

Again, I don't have to worry much about it because I make my own here at home, which is perfectly legal........as of right now.

But the result of idiot Obama's tobacco taxes are wreaking havoc on the normal consumer....and it's not being reported. Convenience stores are being knocked over now at a record pace due to the tax and the crime rate of Obama's administration is beginning to skyrocket.

And the worst part? His solution to quell the crime rate is going to be a ban on guns.

And for me personally, my tobacco plants are protected by my right to grow them, and my right to bear arms.

Let the idiot call down the law.

I'm ready, and armed.

:huh:Uh-oh, somebody call the law, he'll kill ya dead if you go after his tabaky....yes he will by golly :rolleyes:

MedicTJ
You're saying right there that you're ready to fire upon law enforcement officers if they make it illegal, so how are you any different from a drug dealer.

And don't call me dude, dude.

I get the Scatterbrain reference.

But there is also a point to where someone only takes it up the backdoor before they'll turn around and say, "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH".

For me personally, I'm not one to bow down to King George....I mean President Obama....and allow him to rule my life.

I bought my house and my property, yet I still have to pay the man to keep it. And not only do I have to pay him to keep it, I have to pay him MORE than I did before only to hear him say that his "tax cuts" are showing up in my paycheck. BULL. I haven't seen one red cent of a difference in my paycheck, but I'm getting tolled out the wazuu due to Obama's credits. I'm not one of the $250,000 a year people. And I'd actually like to speak to someone in that category who has seen even a fraction of the crap that's been brought down on me.