Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Religion answers questions

Carico

Without religion, mysteries abound by the thousands. The secular world who rejects God doesn't know:

1) Why marriage is only between one man and one woman

2) When life begins

3) What a human being is

4) What's right and wrong

5) What is moral and immoral

6) Whether or not absolute truth exists

7) The origin of man

8) How the earth was created

9) The purpose of life

10) What happened in history

11) Whether or not aliens exist

12) What happens after death

13) Why homosexuality is a depravity

14) Why promiscuity is destructive

15) That there are values higher than bodily gratification

16) the difference between science and science fiction

The above is just the tip of the iceberg of the mysteries of the secular world once they reject God. But religion answers all those questions. Unfortunately, most people don't want convenient, non-conctradictory answers that can be verified by reality. They want inconvenient contradictory answers so they can continue to live in their imaginations instead of reality. :wacko:

That means that the more the world rejects God, the more debates and confusion there will be in earthly governments about questions like "what is a human being?" and less answers to what will solve the problems of life on earth. After all, one can't know what will help human beings if he doesn't know what a human being is in the first place. :blink: Some say humans are apes, others know the difference between humans and animals.

So, the secular world will continue to be in confusion about their gender, the purpose of the sexual union, what a human is, when life begins, to the point that arguments and fights will break out because the secular world is so much inthe dark about what's true and false. :rolleyes: But Christians know the answers to all the questions above and much more. One can only build on the truth. One can't build on lies because once they've been exposed, one has to start all over again to find the truth. But since we Christians know the answers to the above, we can continue to build our houses on that solid foundation that will never crumble. :)

Edited by Carico

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lt_Ripley

• Ciss

• Carico

• Cradle of Fish

Top Posters In This Topic

this sounds like , aside from spam , an advertisement for keeping ones self ignorant

If you think this thread is bad,check out the one he made in the Alternative History forum.

I agree with Lt Ripley on this.

and I agree with Wolf MacCanine too...

Edited by emberlake

Without religion, mysteries abound by the thousands. The secular world who rejects God doesn't know:

2) When life begins

3) What a human being is

7) The origin of man

9) The purpose of life

The above is just the tip of the iceberg of the mysteries of the secular world once they reject God. But religion answers all those questions. Unfortunately, most people don't want convenient, non-conctradictory answers that can be verified by reality. They want inconvenient contradictory answers so they can continue to live in their imaginations instead of reality. :wacko:

That means that the more the world rejects God, the more debates and confusion there will be in earthly governments about questions like "what is a human being?" and less answers to what will solve the problems of life on earth. After all, one can't know what will help human beings if he doesn't know what a human being is in the first place. :blink: Some say humans are apes, others know the difference between humans and animals.

So, the secular world will continue to be in confusion about their gender, the purpose of the sexual union, what a human is, when life begins, to the point that arguments and fights will break out because the secular world is so much inthe dark about what's true and false. :rolleyes: But Christians know the answers to all the questions above and much more. One can only build on the truth. One can't build on lies because once they've been exposed, one has to start all over again to find the truth. But since we Christians know the answers to the above, we can continue to build our houses on that solid foundation that will never crumble. :)

Nope. Religion may answer these for you but for many of the rest, the religious answers just leave us shocked.

Hmm...I think I know you from another forum...FSTDT?

HN

Religion doesn't answer any of those questions.

Nope. Religion may answer these for you but for many of the rest, the religious answers just leave us shocked.

HN

As I've shown, Christians know the answers to the questions in my OP. So what shocks you is that Christianity doesn't bring confusion and confusion is all the secular world understands. But I know you can't help yourself so I forgive you. :yes:

As I've shown, Christians know the answers to the questions in my OP. So what shocks you is that Christianity doesn't bring confusion and confusion is all the secular world understands. But I know you can't help yourself so I forgive you. :yes:

we forgive you for being so closed minded and confused.

Too bad it is in read only mode now....>> :angry2:

we forgive you for being so closed minded and confused.

Sorry, but Christians aren't the ones who are arguing and fighting over when life begins, what marriage is, if there's a right and wrong, what's good and evil. Only the secular world is that confused. So I'll leave you to your confusion and you can remain in the dark about those things forever. But if you ever want to know the truth, only God has it. Otherwise, your confusion and ignorance will remain forever.

You know, I don't see that much confusion about most of those questions within the secular world. The BIGGEST confusion I see is how, with all that science knows these days, anyone can still believe in some magic-wand-waving type of god (cue timpani and trumpet music).

I think what you see as confusion is instead a scientific questing that never stops. It is easy to lack the illusion of confusion when you close your mind as tightly as a steel trap.

Sorry, but Christians aren't the ones who are arguing and fighting over when life begins, what marriage is, if there's a right and wrong, what's good and evil. Only the secular world is that confused. So I'll leave you to your confusion and you can remain in the dark about those things forever. But if you ever want to know the truth, only God has it. Otherwise, your confusion and ignorance will remain forever.

Does that qualify as fundie sign #3 or #5?

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

Hmm. In response I will say that religion answers questions only in the same way a magic 8-ball does.

I'm not confused about any of the things in your list, I can only assume that your declaration that I am confused by them is a result of your incredibly successful religious indoctrination.

In fact it only serves to highlight your own ignorance of the topics on the list with your belief that the answers are in religion.

really ??? do you live in America ?? do you read the news or watch TV ?

there would be no argument if christians sat their rears down and minded their own business in both matters .

the only one confused and ignorant is you here. Yes God has the truth ........ and God loves happy sexuality active marriage seeking gay people !

as for life ? when it begins ? well the bible states the life is in the blood........... a fetus doesn't have any until about the 22 nd day. till then it isn't a life if you want to go by bible standards.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

Oh, brother.

I'm grateful that only one person in this thread appears to agree with the OP, and that is the OP, and I'm not even sure of that.

You who have lost all hope for humanity, take heart.

2) When life begins

3) What a human being is

7) The origin of man

9) The purpose of life

I’ll answer those questions that “The secular world who rejects God doesn't know” when I get back from a place that you have never been to, it’s called college. In fact I’m going to my historical Geology class. So tonight if this topic is not closed I’ll post the answers.

I'm gonna have a spin at this LMAO

1) Why marriage is only between one man and one woman..................Some mormons would disagree here lol...come to think of it, so would some asian cultures

2) When life begins..................................................They say it begins at 40 lol.......Something for BM to look forward to huh??

3) What a human being is.........................................*checks herself*.....Im one ........believe it or not

4) What's right and wrong.........................................If you have never gotten in trouble...then you know you are on the right path lol........either that, or you are just that crafty :lol:

5) What is moral and immoral...................................Knowing how to do the right thing.........not having a lick of sense LOL

6) Whether or not absolute truth exists.......................Something no one knows

7) The origin of man.................................................All down to the banana theory lol

8) How the earth was created....................................Big bang!!!

9) The purpose of life................................................To live..breed.make lots of cash.....and die

10) What happened in history....................................ohh man this could take all day ---> Google it

11) Whether or not aliens exist...................................I believe they do..........Im living proof LOL

12) What happens after death.....................................We Party!!!!

13) Why homosexuality is a depravity..........................Only bigots would suggest it is ....im no bigot

14) Why promiscuity is destructive...............................It's not..we are all just human.all have needs

15) That there are values higher than bodily gratification...........????

16) the difference between science and science fiction...............Science is the search for the truth and answers.............Science fiction is made up stories for entertainment LMAO

2) When life begins

3) What a human being is

7) The origin of man

9) The purpose of life

Well stop bragging...go a head and give us the answers!

and while you're at it explain this verse:

Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

It doesn't say half the world or even 99.9% of the world...it says the WHOLE world? What % does the christian population make up in this world?

Explain this one too!

Isa 52:10

The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.

the salvation- (Hebrew) yĕshuw`ah

salvation, deliverance, welfare, prosperity, deliverance

Why does God need salvation? 'the salvation of God'

Here's another one!

Lam 3:26

[it is] good that [a man] should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.

Hey...wait, explain this one too...

Gen 8:1

And God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the cattle that [was] with him in the ark: and God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters asswaged;

remembered- (Hebrew) zakar

to remember, recall, call to mind

How did God forget Noah that he should have to remember? Sounds like he forgot he put the baby in the bath tub!

I don't believe in satan and all that jazz ............. but I always thought , what a con game it would be if religion and religious beliefs were actually a deal from Satan ! lol. and at the end of it all a big old ' sike ! ' had you all fooled !

linked-image

I'm really going to take advantage of this opp...seeing there is someone out there with all the answers!

when comparing what the woman in the garden desired;

Gen 3:6

And when the woman saw that the tree [was] good for food, and that it [was] pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make [one] wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

(Personal note, the deciding factor for me would have been, "You won't die") But, no, the woman desired the same thing that Solomon asked for...wisdom and understanding of good and bad'

1Ki 3:9

Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?

What made her desire bad and his good?

I don't believe in satan and all that jazz ............. but I always thought , what a con game it would be if religion and religious beliefs were actually a deal from Satan ! lol. and at the end of it all a big old ' sike ! ' had you all fooled !

linked-image

LOL! There is a verse in the bible that says the LORD God is going slap his thighs as he laughs!

So what you're saying is fundamentalism is good?

I have some sympathy with you carico in that some of those are important questions, and many peole dont want to consider them. But if you think god, or fith or religion or spirituality provides definitive easy and simple answers(and somehow therefore saves you having to hink for yourself then you are sadly mistaken and on the wrong track. A sense of god (however we perceive god to be) and an awreness of our sppiritual component can both make us more aawre of the significance of those questions/ the deeper ones beneaththem , and more keen tofind answers to them, but it does not abrogate us from the duty to think. Ie use self discilpline, knowledge, logic ,reason, emotion, philosophy , theology and a persoal understanding of self our universe and our relationship with god and others, to come to our own conclusions.

Letting others or dogma think for us is both lazy, and dangerous. Besides which there are many answers to those questions rather than one true one. You wont get fundamentalistist /bible based christians to agree on all of them, and as you spreado ut into the many other variants o f christianity, and the other faiths and beliefs the answers will grow more diverse. A better way to approach life is to live it by the golden rule or rules based on love of self, others, and god, however you perceive god to be.