Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cure found for honey bee colony collapse ?

UM-Bot

bees.jpg
Scientists have for the first time identified and treated what is believed to be the cause of honey bee colony depopulation syndrome, a significant step towards halting the recent global decline of bees.

"For the first time, scientists have isolated the parasite Nosema ceranae (Microsporidia) from professional apiaries suffering from honey bee colony depopulation syndrome. They then went on to treat the infection with complete success."

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: Science Daily

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Opus Magnus

• Grandpa Greenman

• :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

• Harte

That's certainly one step forward into progress.

Honeybees are attacked by numerous pathogens including viruses, bacteria, fungi and parasites.

I'm sure some of those were caused by humans.

From what I have heard the parasite is not thought to be the main cause in the decline. It is the Israeli Acute Paralysis Virus.

Blessed Bees, the mead is safe.

Yeah, Darkwind:

Bee cool.

The bees had a honey of a deal going. I used to get all the buzz on it. Been too busy lately, though, and didn't notice the decline until it was too late.

Had the hives and the scratching distrated me, I suppose.

And obviusly this was all caused by humans. Isn't everything?

After all, we''re so important and everything that there just could be no way anything can happen and it not be Man's fault, right?

Harte

P.S. BZZZ BZBZBZZZZ

Harte, have some heart for the bees. They are our allies... As far as I know it is still unknown where the Israeli Acute Paralysis virus originated, it was first documented in Israel though. It's not only affecting bees either. It's effecting all pollinators.

Actually, they are finding that there has been no population reductions for bees that are mainly around organically grown crops. It's the genetic altering of our food that is killing the bees. We need to say NO to genetically altered food.....it's going to kill us all one day.

Not a laughing matter, Darkwind...

No it is not, but I am expressing my joy they have found out what is causing the decline. Last fall my yard had hundreds of bees after the clover growing on the hill behind my house. One after noon I went out and blessed them with the last of my mead. Mead (honey wine) is an important sacrament in many Pagan rituals. I know how important bees are. Without them there is no food and worst of all no mead.

Harte, have some heart for the bees. They are our allies... As far as I know it is still unknown where the Israeli Acute Paralysis virus originated, it was first documented in Israel though. It's not only affecting bees either. It's effecting all pollinators.

I'm aware.

Just foolin'.

harte

I really have been concerned about the bees, not just for the honey and the necessity for them to survive because of all the good they do. But just because they are lovely. Nothing better than lying on the lawn in the garden cloud-spotting, with the bees buzzing about everywhere, they're so adorable :wub:

Earth needs these Bees` We should be the ones getting on board the A-Ark and Leave earth to recover from our infestation. Mankind is quite a messy Lot.

Earth needs these Bees` We should be the ones getting on board the A-Ark and Leave earth to recover from our infestation. Mankind is quite a messy Lot.

Every creature has a purpose on this planet. I just wish I knew why we have mosquitoes though.

Duh! Y'all are so educated and smart, you know. The scientist even will find little causes here and there and say 'Ahh, this is it!' This virus here caused this muted strain and they migrated to here and mated with these bees which wiped out that population and they'll say they have isolated the cause and in a couple of years the swarms are back to doing what they do.

But, that is a bad thing for Israel to lose their bees, you know; that's the land of milk and honey.

Go outside around any metropolitan city in the world and look up into the sky like the bible tells you to do and what do you see? Crisscross patterns of chemtrails from jets. Every bit of that chemtrail becomes a big long cloud that eventually falls to the ground covering everything.

How many bees have been studied from the Iraq war zone?

Where are y'all?