Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Match results thread

Saru

Is there a scoreboard...How can I view it?

Hoping a REply soon

THanks

B???

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Paranoid Android

• Karlis

• Tiggs

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sumydid (Black) [Wins] vs Still Waters (White)

Good games Still Waters. :tsu:

ParanoidAndroid (black) [wins] vs zombiedog (white)

Thanks for the game. I thought you had spotted the little trap I had for a while. In future, remember that Rooks are powerful pieces and no one just gives them up for no reason. If you see someone letting you take their rook for free, check and see what they're hiding first (if they are hiding something - you may occasionally get a player who just misses seeing it)!

Good game :tu:

Edited by Paranoid Android

Rosewin (black) vs Still Waters (white)

He forced me to resign. SW wins.

Edited by Rosewin

Good games Still Waters. :tsu:

They were indeed :tu: even though I did lose them both :lol:

Rosewin (black) vs Still Waters (white)

He forced me to resign. SW wins.

"He" is a "She" :D

Good games Rosewin, you won one and I one the other :tu:

Group D

cryptidcontrol timed out in both games against me (KarlisUM), thus losing both games.

Sorry that he chose not to play.

Karlis

In that case I think we can discount cryptidcontrol from the running as well, meaning that Group D has now completed all its games. You had some bad luck with players not moving in that group.

That leaves us with groups B, E and F left to decide who goes through to the next round.

ParanoidAndroid (black) [wins] vs zombiedog (white)

Thanks for the game. I thought you had spotted the little trap I had for a while. In future, remember that Rooks are powerful pieces and no one just gives them up for no reason. If you see someone letting you take their rook for free, check and see what they're hiding first (if they are hiding something - you may occasionally get a player who just misses seeing it)!

Good game :tu:

Rooks are the knights, right ? Btw, I am loving the fact that you are willing to give me some pionters here. I not just only appriciate it , but in the past when i first was taught by some very respected friends , they would teach me as they won of course. Thing is they taught me and paced the game giving me pionters when i didnt see them. I have played strangers as well and some did the same thing. Mind you these were face to face chessboard games. I have tried to inncorporate this influence on friends that are interested in learning the game. E used to play all the time from 16-25 years old. It wasnt until 5 years or so ago I started playing the computer . I only know one person I recently met and weve gone to starbucks and im teaching him how to play. I know im not the greatest chess player but advice from more advanced players is very cool way , to me, give the game itself the respect it derseves because we can always advance in life stratigies, and chess does that. Just wish i could play more literal boardgames with mentors like when i first learned. I still have allot of questions about the game. Thank you for sharing information nost people wouldnt, unless of course they love the game to that point of giving its honor to educate less experienced players. So thanks again for paying it forward as far as trying to help me become a better player.

At least we were able to play this year it was fun and best of luck and skill as you move up to the final games ahead in this tournament.

Abecrombie :yes:

No worries, Abercrombie. Glad I could help. You're right, face-to-face games do make it easier to talk about the move and where you could have moved better, but it's hard to do that online.

For the record, the Rooks are those pieces that start in the corners - they look like corners of castles, and sometimes people call them Castle. But their real name is Rook.

No worries, Abercrombie. Glad I could help. You're right, face-to-face games do make it easier to talk about the move and where you could have moved better, but it's hard to do that online.

For the record, the Rooks are those pieces that start in the corners - they look like corners of castles, and sometimes people call them Castle. But their real name is Rook.

Thanks !! :tu:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't know all the pieces by their proper names. I call Rooks... Castles as well, and I keep calling Knghts...Horses :lol: Well at least I know which way all the pieces move in order to play the game :D

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't know all the pieces by their proper names. I call Rooks... Castles as well, and I keep calling Knghts...Horses :lol: Well at least I know which way all the pieces move in order to play the game :D
Could be worse. I've seen some people call pawns "prawns", and when you capture their piece they're always complaining that you "ate their prawn" :rofl:

Could be worse. I've seen some people call pawns "prawns", and when you capture their piece they're always complaining that you "ate their prawn" :rofl:

"prawns" :lol: ....at least I'm not that bad :D

If anyone is interested please start up some post-tournament games with me just for fun....I keep wanting to check my RHP account but no, no one is playing me now that all the games are complete. Rosewin.

If anyone is interested please start up some post-tournament games with me just for fun....I keep wanting to check my RHP account but no, no one is playing me now that all the games are complete. Rosewin.
Rosewin, I'm not sure if you know about some of the options available on RHP, but if you would like to play chess games with others, you have two options there.

* One is to click on the "Open Invites" icon, and see if there are players wanting a game. Sometimes there is nobody listed, but at other times there are dozens of people looking for opponents. This changes from minute to minute, as games are offered and accepted.

* You can also click on the "New Game" icon, fill in the boxes, and put yourself down as a player looking for an opponent.

After a while you will find this quite a simple procedure. ~~~ Just one suggestion to make your games more interesting both for you and your opponent; estimate your 'rating' and pick players who are slightly higher rated than you are.

Hope that was useful,

Karlis

Hey Rosewin,

Just challenged you to a game. The colour choice was set at random, and so whenever you're ready, you can start us off :) Should be fun

Show off !! That prawn statement was funny huh ? Interestingly enough as some people call pawns, " prawns", my mother calls prawns, " prongs " .

What a visual, have you ever ate a prong before ? haha

Rosewin, I'm not sure if you know about some of the options available on RHP, but if you would like to play chess games with others, you have two options there.

* One is to click on the "Open Invites" icon, and see if there are players wanting a game. Sometimes there is nobody listed, but at other times there are dozens of people looking for opponents. This changes from minute to minute, as games are offered and accepted.

* You can also click on the "New Game" icon, fill in the boxes, and put yourself down as a player looking for an opponent.

After a while you will find this quite a simple procedure. ~~~ Just one suggestion to make your games more interesting both for you and your opponent; estimate your 'rating' and pick players who are slightly higher rated than you are.

Hope that was useful,

Karlis

Thank you but I am really interested in only playing fellow U-M members.

Hey Rosewin,

Just challenged you to a game. The colour choice was set at random, and so whenever you're ready, you can start us off :) Should be fun

^_^

Show off !! That prawn statement was funny huh ? Interestingly enough as some people call pawns, " prawns", my mother calls prawns, " prongs " .

What a visual, have you ever ate a prong before ? haha

"prongs" :lol: that's a new one! well they do 'pong' a bit :D

Thank you but I am really interested in only playing fellow U-M members.

^_^

Sorry Rosewin, I'm a bit dense sometimes. and I obviously misunderstood you. :) anyhow, PA has started a game with you, and if you would like another UM player, please feel free to start a game with me; I don't mind which colour I play. As you know, I'm logged in as KarlisUM on RHP.

Looking forward to a game,

Karlis