Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Match results thread

Saru

Saru (White) [Wins] vs Paranoid Android (Black)

Very close game most of the way through, well played. :tu:

Thanks for playing. You had me on the ropes right from the beginning when I made a silly mistake early on. I never really recovered and spent the rest of the game reacting instead of acting. Looking forward to the return match, though :)

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Paranoid Android

• Karlis

• Tiggs

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very well played Karlis - Apologies for the sneaky trap.

Saru (White) [Wins] vs The Dark Side (Black)

Saru (black) vs Karlis (white) [Wins]

Well played both of you. :tu:

• 2 weeks later...

Karlis (white) v. Thistle (black) -- white wins

Thanks for the enjoyable game, Thistle. We have one more to go, and since you will be playing White I'll wait till you start off .

Cheers,

Karlis

• 2 weeks later...

Paranoid Android (White) [Wins] vs Saru (Black)

Well played, you had me totally helpless for most of that match.

^Thanks for the game, Saru. You had my mind in knots in the middle somewhere. Well played also :tu:

ParanoidAndroid (white) [wins] vs Thistle (Black)

Thanks for playing :tu:

PA[White] vs Tiggs[black]

PA Wins.

Well played, chap :yes:

Thanks Tiggs. We're all square 1-1 in the tournament now (though I think you have the edge over me in all games we've played to date). Very tough game :)

The Dark Side - I've just started my first game with you. Good luck, aye

The dark side (white) v. KarlisUM (black) -- black wins

Thanks for the game Dark side. I think I won this game more by luck than by better play (because of one oversight by you, where you lost a bishop).

I have started our second game, where I play white.

Here's to an enjoyable game, :tu:

Karlis

Saru [black] vs Tiggs [White] (Wins)

Well played. :tu:

Very well played, Saru. :tu:

I agree with your after-match assessment - if you'd given up B6, it would have been a much different game. You'd have been a in a much better position.

Edited by Tiggs

• 3 weeks later...

Saru (Black) [wins] vs The Dark Side (White)

Good match, well played. :tu:

That's me now completed all my games for the tournament.

I don't think that this game has been reported as yet:

Karlis (White) wins v Paranoid Android (black)

Thanks for the Game PA -- I think your Queen "tripped" rather badly early in the game while looking at my Rook, and I won't be taking our next (present) game lightly. :tu:

Karlis

• 2 weeks later...

Sumydid[White] vs Tiggs[black]...

Sumydid: We meet again. Good luck, though you won't need it!

Tiggs: Ah, Mr Sumydid, I've been expecting you... * Strokes white cat *

Sumydid: Did..... Sumy Did. * Sips shaken martini *

Sumydid: I'll take the bait.

Tiggs: * Looks innocent *

Sumydid: * steps cautiously forward *

Tiggs: * Opens the pit containing sharks with lasers *

Sumydid: Well done, old friend. You pulled the rabbit out of the hat this time, but, we'll meet again one day. * swims through underground tunnel *

Tiggs wins.

Well played, chap. Apologies for the shark pit.

Edited by Tiggs

Paranoid Android (white) [wins] vs The Dark Side (black)

Well played. I'd never tried that opening before, and I think I'll keep it aside for a Blitz game, because there's just too much thinking out all the possibilities in correspondence chess.

btw, Karlis - well played. You're right, I did overplay my Queen in the hope of you overlooking that Rook. I did see your possible counter-move, but didn't see all the ramifications. Well played. I won't be so cavalier next time.

• 2 weeks later...

The Dark Side (White) vs TiggsUM (Black)

TiggsUM Wins.

Very good game, chap. It was really close, pretty much all the way up until your Bishop got stuck.

That's all my matches done. Thanks to everyone for playing :yes:

Tiggs it looks like its between you and Karlis for first place, only a few games left to go now. :tu:

Well, I'm hoping that PA can channel Kasparov again in his match vs Karlis, but Karlis is looking pretty unstoppable at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

Paranoid Android (white) vs KarlisUM (black) [wins]

Very well done, Karlis. Sorry Tiggs, I did my best but Karlis did a number on me. I actually saw his QxP move before I made my last move, and thought I could counter it. Unfortunately I didn't see his follow-up Rook move until after he made the move and I was forced to take a closer look at the position. It was pretty obvious on reflection, but that's just the way things go sometimes.

Ah well - at least I can console myself in being the only person to beat Tiggs outright in this tournament.

Regards,

* P.S - crap, I thought I'd played all my games, but I just noticed I still have a game in hand against Dark Side. I'm just about to challenge him to the rematch, but it only has a bearing on who will come out third or fourth (or perhaps equal third) between myself and Saru.

* P.P.S - And it seems Dark Side is currently playing his maximum number of games at the moment, so that will have to wait at least until he finishes a game.

Edited by Paranoid Android

I know. I watched the match.

I'm surprised you didn't hear me screaming "Nooooooooooooooo" in Australia after you moved your Rook to D2. If you'd moved the King to G2 then things would have been much more interesting.

However - it's not over just yet. Karlis still needs to beat Thistle to win overall.

I'm still trying to get in touch with Thistle however she seems to have disappeared for the moment, if I don't hear anything from her soon we'll need to discount her matches from the tournament to see things to a conclusion.