Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chess groups and scoreboard

Saru

KarlisUM: 1 J4Jak: 0

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Karlis

• Abecrombie

• =Jak=

Top Posters In This Topic

Is "TalonS"--the winner of tournament 3--known by another name, or is he/she not participating in this one.

It isn't compulsary to play both games against the same person at the same time, most people prefer to play one game as one colour and then the second game against that person once the first game is complete.

KarlisUM: 1 J4Jak: 0

Please use the match results thread for posting game results - also please include which colours you were both playing as. Thanks.

Is "TalonS"--the winner of tournament 3--known by another name, or is he/she not participating in this one.

Talon hasn't been on the forum for a while and as such hadn't signed up to participate this time around.

Ok Rosewin, sorry for the confusion... I didn't realize that was your preference. I'm sure I looked a little pushy, trying to start those games with you over and over, eh? LOL, I just thought there was some 'glitch' so I kept recreating them.

I don't have any problem with playing you one game at a time.

Nice to meet you!

Hi sumydid........I'm asking the same as Rosewin here, can we play one game at a time please?

I've made a move on the 1st game you started, and deleted the 2nd game.

:)

In Group D I am to play Paranormian but the player has not responded for nearly a week..

What happens next, Saru?

Karlis

as others have said, no gummug. challenging the other two then. good luck to my opponents and everyone else! :D

Talon hasn't been on the forum for a while and as such hadn't signed up to participate this time around.

We should consider ourselves lucky that we have a fighting chance :P

In Group D I am to play Paranormian but the player has not responded for nearly a week..

What happens next, Saru?

Karlis

A week? This tournament has only been open for a few days :blink:

They'll likely sign on soon enough.

~~~ ... (snip) ...

... A week? This tournament has only been open for a few days :blink:

They'll likely sign on soon enough.

Ok, I'll pretend I'm a Doctor with lots of *patience* ... [Pun intended for those who see no puns.]. :P

Karlis

Karlis

PS: According to UM forum rules, "Role Playing" is a no-no. Am I in trouble now? :huh:

Ok, I'll pretend I'm a Doctor with lots of *patience* ... [Pun intended for those who see no puns.]. :P

Karlis

Karlis

PS: According to UM forum rules, "Role Playing" is a no-no. Am I in trouble now? :huh:

Doc, it sounds like you're "operating" outside the rules. Tsk Tsk... :lol:

Hi sumydid........I'm asking the same as Rosewin here, can we play one game at a time please?

I've made a move on the 1st game you started, and deleted the 2nd game.

:)

How do, SW! No problem-o.

You'll probably checkmate me in a couple moves, so I guess we'll be playing our 2nd game soon enough. :cry:

I've PMd Paranormian and Gummug to let them know the tournament has started.

i am crap at chess

haha

Saru,

Still no sign of gummug. Any suggestions ?

Abecrombie, a.k.a zombiedog :D

I'll be giving the two players who haven't moved at all yet a while longer, however if we don't hear anything then what will probably happen is i'll remove them from the tournament and find replacements.

I'll be giving the two players who haven't moved at all yet a while longer, however if we don't hear anything then what will probably happen is i'll remove them from the tournament and find replacements.

Thanks Boss :tu:

Thanks Boss :tu:

lost allfour games me

Against blind messiah

tiggs

mindfire

Freaking dang, reviewing my game against Saru... I revealed my queen a move too soon. :( It was like I painted her blaze orange naked and threw her out there for all to see. Now I'm stuck picking up my shambles with no knights to speak of. :lol: I've really got to do a better job of memorizing plays.

If anybody still wants a free game, I'm open to it. :)

Has anyone heard from gummug yet? I was challenged yesterday by Gary Hart, who appears to have also challenged Abercrombie (zombiedog). Is this the mysterious gummug we have been waiting for for the past few weeks, or just some other random guy that wanted a game of Chess?

Yes Gary Hart is gummug, i'll update the scoreboard.

Freaking dang, reviewing my game against Saru... I revealed my queen a move too soon.

There's plenty time yet, its still anybody's game. :tu:

Has anyone heard from gummug yet? I was challenged yesterday by Gary Hart, who appears to have also challenged Abercrombie (zombiedog). Is this the mysterious gummug we have been waiting for for the past few weeks, or just some other random guy that wanted a game of Chess?

Don't Panic P.A hehe :D

You're an epic player, Kratos, but I'm most certainly out of my element.

I like chess where I can actually see and talk to my opponent. *shakes fist at Chessmaster 3000 for Windows 98* Damn thee to hell!

I don't mind it too much now that I've gotten used to it. I do sometimes (like now) get my real board out and look at it from there instead of the screen just to help me think and to slow me down. When I rush I make stupid mistakes.

Edited by __Kratos__

• 2 weeks later...

j4jak hasn't moved since April 27th and I don't think he's coming back. I won our other game by default because he/she didn't turn up but because j4jak is white and hasn't even started the game yet I can't win by timeout.

Edited by Splodgenessabounds

I've contacted him via PM to see what's happening.

j4jak has stepped out of the tournament due to time constraints, this means that the results of the games he did finish will no longer be counted towards the scoring in group D.

As we're now quite a way through the tournament I won't be accepting any new applications at this time, so now its a case of determining who will be going through to the second round in each of the groups.

Participants whose score guarantees them a place regardless of the outcome of their remaining games are highlighted green.

Saru,

Who will be taking Burnt toasts place ?

nevermind . hehe. just read above .

Edited by Abecrombie