Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chess groups and scoreboard

Saru

From where can I view the scoreboards?

I dont see a trace of anylinkies to this

Thanks

B???

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Karlis

• Abecrombie

• =Jak=

Top Posters In This Topic

From where can I view the scoreboards?

I dont see a trace of anylinkies to this

Thanks

B???

You can see the scoreboards on this exact thread that you are now on -- go to page one and scroll down :tu: (you now are on page six).

Karlis

You can see the scoreboards on this exact thread that you are now on -- go to page one and scroll down :tu: (you now are on page six).

Karlis

Thankyou So much

B???

Saru, :st

Its too bad burnt toast is out of the game, My Queen took his castle . I was proud of that move. hehe :lol: Now that he is afficaly out does that mean we cant claim the win ?

If that be the case can you explain it to me ?

Or am I just being a big mucho baby, lol :passifier:

I felt as my moves were strong, therefore I clicked on the skull to claim the win. Didnt I win ?

Personaly I feel that if replacements [ players] cant sign on at this point in the tournament, and a player [ signed in to the tournament] runs out due to timebank , the other player would be able to claim the win. Just like RHP has it. Am I wrong here ? :blush: I'm confused.

In other words whom ever was playing burntoast currently, that was able to win by default, should be able to keep that official win. yes, no ? and whoever did not yet challenge burntoast in that group should just claim win by default so that the players remaining in the group wont have to jepordize their chance to move up. [ only because its been stated that no other players can sign on at this point in the tournament ]

I dont mean to be confusing but Iam confused . :unsure2:

Your very appriciative member and loyal servant, :yes:

Abecrombie the zombiedog :tu:

The reason the win isn't counted is because if were to count then nobody else in the group would have the chance to catch up as that player would no longer be participating. To make it fair on everyone those scores are instead deducted so everyone has the chance to play the same number of games. The alternative would be to have everyone win by default, however anyone who might have lost to that player would have an unfair disadvantage.

The reason the win isn't counted is because if were to count then nobody else in the group would have the chance to catch up as that player would no longer be participating. To make it fair on everyone those scores are instead deducted so everyone has the chance to play the same number of games. The alternative would be to have everyone win by default, however anyone who might have lost to that player would have an unfair disadvantage.

That makes more sense now.

Thank you Saru ! :tu:

Saru,

What happens to me ? In group F . I played P.A twice and lost. the other two players fell out while i was playing them. Do I get to move up ? I'm loyal, reliable and did I mention cute . lol Please let me know . I just won by timeout victory to gary hart. so did p.a . thank you

Abecrombie :D

Saru,

What happens to me ? In group F . I played P.A twice and lost. the other two players fell out while i was playing them. Do I get to move up ? I'm loyal, reliable and did I mention cute . lol Please let me know . I just won by timeout victory to gary hart. so did p.a . thank you

Abecrombie :D

As far as I know, only the top scoring player in each group goes through to the next round.

Sorry, Abe.

Yep only the top scoring player in each group can qualify, sorry about that. :(

Thanks anyway.

Thanks Tiggs and Saru, expecially a thank you to P.A for playing me. and the advice. thank you

Have fun everyone and let the best chess player win. see you all next time.

had fun

Abecrombie :nw:

• 1 month later...

When I have logged in over the last few days for the chess result table, I only get the following:

Karlis

-=-=-=-

The groupings and scores are as follows:

linked-image

linked-image

If you have any questions or run in to any problems please let me know, thanks.

Fixed, the images were lost during the server maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...

Talon hasn't been on the forum for a while and as such hadn't signed up to participate this time around.

We should consider ourselves lucky that we have a fighting chance :P

Given that I haven't played chess since the last tournment I'd probably have been destroyed this time around. :P Probably for the best I missed the tournment. :lol:

If anyone wants though, I'm still willing to play friendly games - account is still TalonS (after 5 minutes of trying to remember my redhotpawn password).

Edited by Talon