Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tell me what you think...

saucy

Everything written in the bible is true. At least most of the new testament (including Jesus Christ) can and has been proven historically, scientifically, and archeologically (probably misspelled that one). I don't like the fact that people tell me I'm biased when I'm actually not. I spent my whole life being biased when I believed evolution over creation. Non-religous people need to look more at the Christian religion before coming up with their answers. No, I can't assure everyone where they go or not, but sinning does not get you into hell. Everyone is born a sinner. Moses was a murderer and God chose him to write the first five books in the bible. The other writers were adulterers, rapists, incests and anything else you can think of. God knows nobody here is perfect and he made us all that way. We just have to realize what the truth is and what's not. I know the bible is the truth. A thousand years before Jesus was born, prophets fortold his coming down to every last detail. Where he would be born, who his mother was, that his mother was a virgin, how he would live, what he would do, how he would die and the miracles he would do. I wish athiests would look at this proof before their eyes before coming to conclusions because not believing is a sure ticket into hell. Now look at it from the evolutionary side. I've posted all this before, but you cannot turn nothing into something. Nothing cannot suddenly explode into matter. A cell on the newly formed planet earth cannot just suddenly appear and start evolving. A single cell cannot evolve into plants, animals, insects, birds, reptiles and every other life form on this planet. The universe looks well designed and a designer should be the scientific default, not coincidence and believe me, evolution had to have been a gigantically huge, damn near impossibility. Archeology proves the bible right each and every single time. Look it up and tell me what you think

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• saucy

• Druidus

• Venomshocker

• DC09

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as you are not claiming that creationism is a science, I have absolutely no problem with anything that you just said.

and whyis creationism not a science?

Edited by Venomshocker

creationism is a belief and maybe a religion. All science is is a bunch of hypothesis and theories. I like you too Kellalor

Creationism does have scientific evidence to support it.

Lack of proof of speciation is evidence for creationism.

Lack of good transitional fossils is evidence for creationism.

By means of scientific reduction you can get evidence for creationism.

Sure seems scientific too me.

creationism is a belief and maybe a religion. All science is is a bunch of hypothesis and theories.

lol. You obviously had trouble with science in school. Let me put it this way:

SO IS RELIGION!!!!

There is no REAL proof that any religion is correct. Science is a belief as well. Now don't get me wrong though. I am very religious, to my own Gods.

Do you know how hard it is for a fossil to be formed, let alone found?!?!?!? It's DAMN hard!

Actually, spontaneous life creation could happen. I believe that the Gods set up this universe and watched it grow. They put a whole lot of matter in a really small space, watched it explode, and viewed as life appeared over the aeons. Evolution is part of the Gods plans, I honestly don't see why there is still controversey over it when fast evolving creatures like bacteria evolve almost every year. We have proven in laboratories that evolution occurs very quickly in viruses. That's how we get new and different flus every now and then. Spontaneous life would occur when you had proteins, and after a time, they turned into self-promoting proteins. Later RNA evolved and that led to DNA, and eventually many creatures evolve using RNA and DNA. No one knows how protiens became self-promoting protiens, but then again, no one knows how and if the Gods/God created everything. My way satisfies both sides of the argument, science and religion. Why not leave it at that?

Edited by Druidus

you have a point. Maybe I just don't want to see lies (science) mixed up with the truth (creation)

Creationism does have scientific evidence to support it.

Lack of proof of speciation is evidence for creationism.

By means of scientific reduction you can get evidence for creationism.

Sure seems scientific too me.

I agree, but mainstream science does not and will not factor in the possibility of the divine.

it's called adapting to your environment. Call that evolution if you want. I know for a fact that insects, animals and even humans adapt to their surrounds, but evolution is a far cry from that

they refuse to believe God exists, but archeology keeps proving all the scientists wrong. Why doesn't the world see this? They teach this crap in school and they don't even know that it's true and there's more evidence to the contrary

Druidus, yes evoloution happens in viruses, and in humans. All animals change on a genetic level over time. But I believe your taking it one step too far.

One animal morphing into another animal has never EVER been proven scientifically. There is no scientific proof of speciation. And because of that other theories need to be considered, i.e.creationism.

you have a point. Maybe I just don't want to see lies (science) mixed up with the truth (creation)

Please don't outright call all science lies. Or at least, don't say religion is a definate truth. I certainly believe it's the truth, but does that make it the truth? Also, what about the religions that belief in suffering and ritual sacrifice? Are they the "truth"?

religion can and has been proven over and over again. Scientists keep scratching their heads and making the age of the earth older and older because they just don't understand. The so-called facts written in science books now are way different than twenty, even ten years ago. The facts have never changed over four thousand or more years in the bible.

I tried to post creation vs. evolution and they dropped it before it even started. This is my way of getting by that and it worked. Thanks guys! whistling2.gif

Druidus, yes evoloution happens in viruses, and in humans. All animals change on a genetic level over time. But I believe your taking it one step too far.

One animal morphing into another animal has never EVER been proven scientifically. There is no scientific proof of speciation. And because of that other theories need to be considered, i.e.creationism.

Maybe not, but just because one theory (evolution) doesn't have proof in what it says does not mean that another is right (creationism). Creationism has offered no proof either. All it does is say, "well evolution has no proof, so that proves us right!".

it's called adapting to your environment. Call that evolution if you want. I know for a fact that insects, animals and even humans adapt to their surrounds, but evolution is a far cry from that

Adaptations are the building blocks of evolution. Humans are animals. So are insects. Both plants and animals adapt to their environment. But what if the environment changed drastically? Sure, most of a species might die off, but some might survive, some with the adaptations to survive. Now what happens when it keeps changing, for the worse? The species adapts again, and again, eventually forming a new species, through evolution.

also, science says that throughout time there have been many periods where everything died out and life had to start all over again and again.

Science doesn't say all life died out periodically! Where are you reading that from?

Wherever it is you got that it is wrong. Science says extinctions occurred but not to the point of all life dying out! In the beginning, when we only had self-promoting proteins we may have had a few false starts but other than that, nope.

verys trong words. i don't like science myself. too hard to understand for me for the most part. but i know that for the most part, it is pretty accurate. still, there are those who see science as an "organized system of ignorance."

one theory i heard is the cosmological (i think that's the right word...) argument for god's existence. basically, it proves god exists (as well as that can be done rolleyes.gif ) with a basis in cause and effect. it says god exists, or at least did at some point, by being the initial effect, which caused effects which caused effects ad infinitum. the cosmological argument says god was the effectless cause, or causeless effect, or whatever it would be.

oh yeah forgot to mention. yes there were mass extinctions, they think there's been about 6, but like druidus says, not all life died out. in fact, scientist believe that we are in the begining of another mass extinction, don'tcha know.

The species adapts again, and again, eventually forming a new species, through evolution.

Adaptation yes, a new species forming, NO! Not in this current scientific world.

Creationism has offered no proof either. All it does is say, "well evolution has no proof, so that proves us right!".

I never offered proof for creationism. Just some good O'l reductionistic scientific evidence. This is why creationism is also a science.

This is gonna turn into another science vs religion, evolution vs creation argument isn't it? laugh.gif

*twitches*

Gods no.. please no...

These "I'm right, you're wrong" debates never end pretty...

Yes there is proof of things that happened in the bible, people did write what they see and know... And there is proof of human existence long before the bible "dates" us, and proof of goddess/gods worship long before the bible was even writen and claimed things to have happened.

My question is: Why can't people be left to believe in what they feel is right for them?

Religion by itself has never been proven. Sorry but no. No religion has been proven entirely. The bible is just what people saw and tried to write down scientifically. They saw waters disappear and create a path for the Jews, they thought it was a work of God. In reality it could have been attributed to many things. They saw the plagues of Egypt, said it was an act of God, in reality many things could have caused those plagues. Please realize that I do believe in religion. I just make a b****** religion/science crossbreed. It helps everyone and I take the best from both sides and chuck the rest away grin2.gif . Science would have seen clues as to whether or not the biblical flood occurred. There was a flood we have proven that, but the flood was definately not worldwide. And since it wasn't I have proved a part of the bible wrong. Why can't other parts be wrong if one is? Men wrote it. Men are prone to mistakes, fallacies and fiction. All of the bible may be based of of facts but warped instead of crystal clear. Anyways, my Gods want me to question everything, even to the point of questioning them, so I do. They want us to be scientific and religious.