Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tell me what you think...

saucy

I didn't say the religons were proven, just proven to have existed.. as in proven that people believed. The only right or wrong should be left up to the indavidual person. Not forced onto them in mass.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• saucy

• Druidus

• Venomshocker

• DC09

Top Posters In This Topic

Druidus

Science would have seen clues as to whether or not the biblical flood occurred. There was a flood we have proven that, but the flood was definately not worldwide. And since it wasn't I have proved a part of the bible wrong.

There was a worldwide flood. So no, you HAVENT proved the bible wrong.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...showtopic=14929

760 B.C.? I'm not going to even dignify that by writing all the evidence about it. That's way to close to now. It would be remembered in more books than the bible. LOL!

Budy are you blind??? Its 7640 B.C..

Science is a process. Science is a methodology used to evaluate and analyze data. Part of this process is the formation of a theory. A theory has to be capable of explaining the existing data and either offering the possibility to replicate or predict what its effect will be. An essential factor of this process is falsifiability. In order to avoid self-deception, every theory must have a method allowing it to be proven incorrect. It must also be verified by peer-review. This means that a credible panel of people educated in a particular topic must agree that the data, controversial or otherwise, is nonetheless valid. Occam's Razor is a proven standard. In the vast majority of cases, the simplest solution has been proven to be the correct one.

Self-correction is inherent. Data is not static; it grows and changes with further research. Theories must be able to explain the new data as well as the old. If the theory does not explain the data, the theory must change. And many, many theories have changed with the advent of new information.

The reason why I cannot consider creationism a theory is because there is no central theory which can be used to evaluate and analyze data; at best, the general argument can be summed up as "God did it." There is no way to predict any event; how guaranteed is a prayer? There is no falsifiability; if a prayer fails, it's because God knows best. And there is little consensus with peer-review; how many different Judeo-Christian variations are there? Occam's Razor need not apply. "God did it" is certainly simpler to say, but is hardly a simpler explanation.

Most importantly, there is no self-correction. If the data that we have does not fit the creationist theory, no creationist will admit that the theory is incorrect. The only option left is to change the data to fit the theory.

Creationism is a postulate. It is a statement of belief and faith. There is no requirement in the bible for scientific verification of God. There is no need for independent non-bias verification. In short, there is no need to call it a science.

I tried to post creation vs. evolution and they dropped it before it even started. This is my way of getting by that and it worked. Thanks guys! whistling2.gif

I'm surprised it hasn't been closed yet. The moderators don't like it when you try to "get by" them. Better suggestion is to email a moderator and present your case for re-opening your thread. Just a thought

I tried to post creation vs. evolution and they dropped it before it even started. This is my way of getting by that and it worked. Thanks guys! whistling2.gif

Just for that... disgust.gif

Don't try to sneak around the issue. Maybe SaRuMaN will reopen this topic later, but I think it is rude to go behind our backs and try to reopen the closed topic.