Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gay marriage continues to threaten society...

Drego

I will let this link show you how I am feeling at this.

lmao :lol: I'm glad I put down my tea before I clicked.

because jesus still hasnt come out of the closet *cough* i mean cave yet :P

He's still in there with John, they'll be out in 15 - 20 minutes. ;)

Scare-mongering anti-gay ad exposes US fundies to a maelstrom of ridicule

WHEN a loopy group of a Christian fundies calling themselves the National Organisation for Marriage released “Gathering Storm” – a $1.5 million ad campaign in a bid to halt the spread of same-sex marriage in the US – they unleashed a storm of parody ads on YouTube, and were exposed to a great deal of ridicule in the national media.

Brian Brown, executive director of the National Organization for Marriage, told Baptist Press:

When any group of people is exposed to the real consequences of same-sex marriage, you see movement in our direction, because this is not an argument they’re getting from the mainstream media.

But the the ad – part of a national strategy whereby the organisation hopes to sign up two million pro-marriage activists on its website by November 2010 to help fight the legalization of “gay marriage” not only in their states but also nationwide – started to backfire from the moment it was launched last week.

More of the article here: Link

------------------------------------------------------

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• preacherman76

• The Silver Thong

• Drego

Fine, fine...

linked-image

Doesn't really fit my argument though and suddenly I'm feeling anti-gay marriage :lol:

Speaking as a woman who's been happily married 29 years, 2 kids, 3 grandkids, straight as can be.... I think that's kinda hot.

You think that ad is bad, they've done one that is actually worse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpjPzhSjPqQ

Again, the irony shines through. They use poor little kids for their anti-gay agenda, saying that gay marriage would confuse them (OMG, we should ban all confusing stuff! Let's ban Math!), yet they're probably confusing them a lot by possibly forcing them to spew this bulls***.

You think that ad is bad, they've done one that is actually worse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpjPzhSjPqQ

Anna and Eve... That sounds like a great film title. :P

Found this after I watched that...

Some funny editing that points home to what these people are

Edited by __Kratos__

Yes, I'm really glad to see so many parodies so quickly (although slightly disheartened, because I would have loved to do one with some friends of mine, but all my ideas have already been taken. :P)

Colbert's take was my favorite, but here are some others I thought were really good:

Really funny :lol:

(Screen shot at 0:34 is priceless!)

NOM gets some (un?)likely support by another hate group.

- probably the best non-Colbert spoof.

Interestingly, many of the Youtube users who post these parodies have posted them as their first (and often only) video.

EDIT: Nationforbigots' youtube channel.This guy also has some good videos on the subject.

Edited by Drego

Scare-mongering anti-gay ad exposes US fundies to a maelstrom of ridicule

WHEN a loopy group of a Christian fundies calling themselves the National Organisation for Marriage released “Gathering Storm” – a $1.5 million ad campaign in a bid to halt the spread of same-sex marriage in the US – they unleashed a storm of parody ads on YouTube, and were exposed to a great deal of ridicule in the national media.

Brian Brown, executive director of the National Organization for Marriage, told Baptist Press:

When any group of people is exposed to the real consequences of same-sex marriage, you see movement in our direction, because this is not an argument they’re getting from the mainstream media.

But the the ad – part of a national strategy whereby the organisation hopes to sign up two million pro-marriage activists on its website by November 2010 to help fight the legalization of “gay marriage” not only in their states but also nationwide – started to backfire from the moment it was launched last week.

More of the article here: Link

------------------------------------------------------

Hah, I woke up this morning thinking about all the parodies, and I wondered how long it would be before the press started covering it.

There's even a news story and a video covering Stephen Colbert's response to the ad: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/17/t...n_n_188124.html

Also, keep the pictures coming, people! Haha :P

They want to make it a "hate crime" to hold the opinion that homosexuality is wrong. They want to indoctrinate our children to believe homosexuality is moral, safe, ect ect. And you folks dont think our rights will be infringed? I personaly dont care about gay marrage, just keep it away from me and my family.

Edited by preacherman76

(*) Sorry, first, I had to clean up the language a bit. :tu:

They want to make it a "hate crime" to hold the opinion that homosexuality is wrong.

Any evidence of this? As far as I have observed, it is not gay people who are trying to bend the laws against bigots, but, in fact, the other way around. Crazy, right?

They want to indoctrinate our children to believe homosexuality is moral, safe, etc.* etc.*

Moral, safe? Is it not? As opposed to immoral, amoral, dangerous? How so? Also, since when has it been the pro-gay crowd who are trying to "indoctrinate" children? Did you not see the video this thread was about?

And you folks don't* think our rights will be infringed upon*?

No... no, in fact, I don't. Although, I may be a bit biased... I have logic on my side...

I personally* don't* care about gay marriage*, just keep it away from my family and I*.

Keep gay marriage away from you and your family? :blink:

EDIT: Maybe it's just me (No... no, it certainly is not...) but I cannot concieve of any logical situation where homosexuality poses a threat to any person or his/her family.

Edited by Drego

They want to make it a "hate crime" to hold the opinion that homosexuality is wrong. They want to indoctrinate our children to believe homosexuality is moral, safe, ect ect. And you folks dont think our rights will be infringed? I personaly dont care about gay marrage, just keep it away from me and my family.

wtf, a post with no substance and facts that claims freedoms would be taken away. Why didn't you become one of those actors in that ridiculous video!?

gays want equality and marriage. They don't want to take anyone's rights, and how does 2 gay strangers marrying each other affect you and your family? It doesn't.

Not to mention they want to pass a law which means all women who don't intend to give their babies over to gay couples for adoption will have to get abortions. :rolleyes:

(*) Sorry, first, I had to clean up the language a bit. :tu:

Any evidence of this? As far as I have observed, it is not gay people who are trying to bend the laws against bigots, but, in fact, the other way around. Crazy, right?

Look to the North, look to the east, people are being fined and put in jail over reading bible verses. We are heading in that direction fast, and already have hate crime laws in place that make it a greater crime to assalt a homosexual then a 80 year old women.

Moral, safe? Is it not? As opposed to immoral, amoral, dangerous? How so? Also, since when has it been the pro-gay crowd who are trying to "indoctrinate" children? Did you not see the video this thread was about?

No it isnt even close to safe, especialy for males in America who have over HALF of all aids cases, rank on the top for every sexual transmitted diease, Very high drug and alcohal abuse, on top of the lists for suicide. The progay crowd litteraly goes to elementary school across the nation to teach 1st graders how great homosexuality is. They say its about anti bullying, but ONLY talk about homosexuality. Google it, there is only about 10,000 pages worth of information, and I have covered it here extensivly.

No... no, in fact, I don't. Although, I may be a bit biased... I have logic on my side...

You have serious lack of information on your side, ignore facts, and go strickly on emotion, just as they hoped you would.

Keep gay marriage away from you and your family? :blink:

EDIT: Maybe it's just me (No... no, it certainly is not...) but I cannot concieve of any logical situation where homosexuality poses a threat to any person or his/her family.

Thats cause you have no respect for the rights of others. Just cause you dont think homosexuality is wrong or immoral, doesnt mean I dont have the right to think so, and desire to protect my children from the homosexual lies. Or my right to believe and speak my beliefs in a church, or anywhere else the first admendment aplies for that matter.

And before you try to say the same for me, remember, I dont care if homosexuals have the right to marry, just keep my kid out of it.

wtf, a post with no substance and facts that claims freedoms would be taken away. Why didn't you become one of those actors in that ridiculous video!?

gays want equality and marriage. They don't want to take anyone's rights, and how does 2 gay strangers marrying each other affect you and your family? It doesn't.

I would have in a second. I wasnt aware of the auditions.

They can have marrage, I dont care.

Dont make it a hate crime to read scripture from a bible, dont go to my kids school and teach them directly against the values we try to instill. If they werent doing these things, no one would have a problem. At least there would be WAY less of us.

Not to mention they want to pass a law which means all women who don't intend to give their babies over to gay couples for adoption will have to get abortions. :rolleyes:

You used all your straw in one post???

screw this, you're too stubborn with your homophobia and illogical arguments (with no proven facts) to even waste my time debating you.

It's people like you who are the reason why the suicide rate among young gay males is up to 6 times higher than straight teens and teenage gay suicides make up a total of 30% of all teen suicides.

http://www.menstuff.org/issues/byissue/suicideteen.html#gay

(this reply was to response #39, not #40)

Edited by zitro1987

screw this, you're too stubborn with your homophobia and illogical arguments (with no proven facts) to even waste my time debating you.

It's people like you who are the reason why the suicide rate among young gay males is up to 6 times higher than straight teens and teenage gay suicides make up a total of 30% of all teen suicides.

http://www.menstuff.org/issues/byissue/suicideteen.html#gay

(this reply was to response #39, not #40)

You couldnt possibly debate it, every thing I said is FACT.

Look to the North, look to the east, people are being fined and put in jail over reading bible verses. We are heading in that direction fast, and already have hate crime laws in place that make it a greater crime to assault* a homosexual than* an* 80 year old woman*.

Are you arguing against the hate crime laws? Is it a bad thing to protect people against hate crimes? As for the "greater crime" point, (which I do not agree with, but nonetheless,) perhaps this is do to another factor... Maybe there are more cases of assault against gay people than against elderly women?

No it isn't* even close to safe, especialy for males in America who have over HALF of all aids cases, rank on the top for every sexually* transmitted diease, Very high drug and alcohal abuse, on top of the lists for suicide. The progay crowd literally* goes to elementary schools* across the nation to teach 1st graders how great homosexuality is. They say it's* about anti bullying, but ONLY talk about homosexuality. Google it, there is only about 10,000 pages worth of information, and I have covered it here extensively*.

Yet you've not explained how this makes it dangerous and immoral?

You have serious lack of information on your side, ignore facts, and go strickly on emotion, just as they hoped you would.

"They." LOL.

I cannot possibly ignore facts if there are no facts to ignore. Tell me how gay people getting married affects your freedoms.

Thats because* you have no respect for the rights of others. Just cause you don't* think homosexuality is wrong or immoral, doesnt mean I don't* have the right to think so, and desire to protect my children from the homosexual lies. Or my right to believe and speak my beliefs in a church, or anywhere else the first admendment applies* for that matter.

No one is challenging you're right to freedom of speech, only freedom of dumb speech. Please explain this concept of "homosexual lies"...

And before you try to say the same for me, remember, I dont care if homosexuals have the right to marry, just keep my kid out of it.

How is your kid involved in this? Is there a squad of gay wo/men trying to marry him/her?

It's nothing new that parents want to control who their kids (especially their daughters) marry. If you think about it, it is part of the plot of 90% of the romance novels on the planet. I strongly disagree with parents who freak out if their kids marry across racial lines or chose a same-sex partner. But this is within the norm of parental behavior. Parents have prejudices and given their total commitment to their kids, these prejudices are going to come out.

What I strongly, totally reject is the idea that this is a legal manner. It seems like the Christian Reich trying to move Christianity into our legal system. Legislating social customs that don't hurt anyone else is wrong. It screws up our legal system, which gets flooded with stupid cases, and it invites people to disrespect our legal system because they intuitively feel that their private lives are none of the government's business.

I don't know where this massive lack of understanding about the law came from. Maybe it comes from our pathetic school systems which don't teach civics at all any more.

They can have marrage, I dont care.

Dont make it a hate crime to read scripture from a bible, dont go to my kids school and teach them directly against the values we try to instill. If they werent doing these things, no one would have a problem. At least there would be WAY less of us.

I don't think anyone thinks reading the Bible is a hate crime (except incredibly extremist crackpots). What liberal people think is that other sacred texts should be read in school too. There are many kids in the country with non-Christian family traditions and you have no right to get between them and their families and elevate your own beliefs. You have a right in your household. You have a right in your community to try and convert people. But you don't have a right to force your personal spiritual beliefs on other family's kids in the public school system.

I guess I don't understand you too much. At least you believe in the constitutions, that homosexuals should have the same rights as heterosexuals (you aren't against gay marriage after all).

But at the same time, you think they have some sort of evil agenda and think that they don't want you to have the right to think homosexuality is immoral.

Of course you have the right to think that and preach that (even if I find it's sad), you're protected by both freedom of speech and separation of church and state (your church is not directly involved in politics or receiving tax breaks, right?). But I lose all respect for anyone who tries to restrict others' freedoms and I hope you were joking that you'd like to star in one of these ridiculous, unchristian advertisements.

And yes, I suppose school teach that homosexuality is ok. In other words: respect 'different' kids. It's to avoid bullying. It's not like kids are gonna magically turn homosexuals: they're born with that and please don't ever say it's a choice.

All the homophobia kills these gay kids (suicide), we need to learn about tolerance, man. The 'worst' way your kid would be involved in this is that he/she is going to learn that gays are just like straights, except for sexual preferences, and he/she is going to learn tolerance. This is what gays want: legal equality (which you didn't argue against) and being accepted and left alone (I can't believe you argued against hate crimes)

Edited by zitro1987

Are you arguing against the hate crime laws? Is it a bad thing to protect people against hate crimes? As for the "greater crime" point, (which I do not agree with, but nonetheless,) perhaps this is do to another factor... Maybe there are more cases of assault against gay people than against elderly women?

Im against any law that values the life of one over another.

Yet you've not explained how this makes it dangerous and immoral?

Sure I did, you just cant seem to add 1 + 1.

I cannot possibly ignore facts if there are no facts to ignore. Tell me how gay people getting married affects your freedoms.

I already have, so Im not going in circles with you.

No one is challenging you're right to freedom of speech, only freedom of dumb speech. Please explain this concept of "homosexual lies"...

LOL, I see, your of the crowd that thinks its ok to silence people who dont agree with you. Sorry we dont live in Nazi Germany.

How is your kid involved in this? Is there a squad of gay wo/men trying to marry him/her?

This entire post is a great example of the emotional factless rant of the gay community. Asking questions Ive already answered, and mocking points as not factual, without having to prove your side of the argument. Its really boring actualy.

I don't think anyone thinks reading the Bible is a hate crime (except incredibly extremist crackpots). What liberal people think is that other sacred texts should be read in school too. There are many kids in the country with non-Christian family traditions and you have no right to get between them and their families and elevate your own beliefs. You have a right in your household. You have a right in your community to try and convert people. But you don't have a right to force your personal spiritual beliefs on other family's kids in the public school system.

There are people in Canada in prison for it as we speak.

I guess I don't understand you too much. At least you believe in the constitutions, that homosexuals should have the same rights as heterosexuals (you aren't against gay marriage after all).

But at the same time, you think they have some sort of evil agenda and think that they don't want you to have the right to think homosexuality is immoral.

Of course you have the right to think that and preach that (even if I find it's sad), you're protected by both freedom of speech and separation of church and state (your church is not directly involved in politics or receiving tax breaks, right?). But I lose all respect for anyone who tries to restrict others' freedoms and I hope you were joking that you'd like to star in one of these ridiculous, unchristian advertisements.

And yes, I suppose school teach that homosexuality is ok. In other words: respect 'different' kids. It's to avoid bullying. It's not like kids are gonna magically turn homosexuals: they're born with that and please don't ever say it's a choice.

All the homophobia kills these gay kids (suicide), we need to learn about tolerance, man. The 'worst' way your kid would be involved in this is that he/she is going to learn that gays are just like straights, except for sexual preferences, and he/she is going to learn tolerance. This is what gays want: legal equality (which you didn't argue against) and being accepted and left alone (I can't believe you argued against hate crimes)

Respect and tolerance is great. I do my best to instill those values everyday. Above that, love is even better, for one and for ALL. This isnt my beef. You are trying to say there arnt things going on to endoctrinate children, which I have seen first hand.

Edited by preacherman76

Respect and tolerance is great. I do my best to instill those values everyday. Above that, love is even better, for one and for ALL. This isnt my beef. You are trying to say there arnt things going on to endoctrinate children, which I have seen first hand.

indoctrinate children besides teaching love others, even if they are different? How is that bias or wrong? It's an attempt to lessen bullying, encourage acceptance, and so in the end, we have less gays/lesbians who end up depressed or killing themselves. If you feel that's wrong, then our debating would be pointless.

In lighter news, another parody and one of the funnier ones:

I don't know if this is an over-the-top parody, or a satire on us on how we think fundamentalists and the people from NOM are ... but I sure laughed.