Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gay marriage continues to threaten society...

Drego

indoctrinate children besides teaching love others, even if they are different? How is that bias or wrong? It's an attempt to lessen bullying, encourage acceptance, and so in the end, we have less gays/lesbians who end up depressed or killing themselves. If you feel that's wrong, then our debating would be pointless.

In lighter news, another parody and one of the funnier ones:

I don't know if this is an over-the-top parody, or a satire on us on how we think fundamentalists and the people from NOM are ... but I sure laughed.

What is wrong here is condoning. I can tolerate, respect, and love a person, even if I dont condone thier life style.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• preacherman76

• The Silver Thong

• Drego

There are people in Canada in prison for it as we speak.

They aren't in prison because it's a HATE CRIME. They're in prison because they have trespassed upon parents rights to raise their kids in the spiritual tradition of their choice. You mustn't try to convert kids in the classroom. Their spiritual education is a family manner.

Preacherman -- I highly doubt speakers at high schools go around telling the children how great & amazing being gay is which is trying to turn kids...

There is no hidden agenda I assure you.

Gay people will be around forever there is no need to think they are trying to impose a gay lifestyle on children. Your funny :D

Edited by The Sweater Song

In what way is gay marriage threatening? Hazzard to health? No. Threat to national security? No. Is it a threat to global warming? I'd like to think the only real threat here is to the close-minded bigots around the world that can't accept a difference in their 'perfect little world'. Since when is it anyones business what goes on between two individual who are in love? Oh that's right...absolutely nothing! I, myself, am straight guy (with a couple of gay or bisexual friends) who see absolutely nothing wrong with two dudes/chicks who are in love and wish to marry or whatever they choose. It's their life and none of my business. It p***es me off when I have to listen to all these people who say it's immoral for two of the same sex to be together. I say it''s wrong for them to not (if they are in love or infatuated) and no one should tell them different.

They aren't in prison because it's a HATE CRIME. They're in prison because they have trespassed upon parents rights to raise their kids in the spiritual tradition of their choice. You mustn't try to convert kids in the classroom. Their spiritual education is a family manner.

HU??? What are you talking about? They are in jail because they believe the bible is right about homosexuality being a sin, and have openly expressed it. Not to any school, but from thier church altar. On top of that they werent sentanced by any court, but from a human rights commition. Please learn about what you are talking about before you speak on this subject. No one is in jail for speaking religion at a school. No one would let them do that to begin with.

Preacherman -- I highly doubt speakers at high schools go around telling the children how great & amazing being gay is which is trying to turn kids...

There is no hidden agenda I assure you.

Gay people will be around forever there is no need to think they are trying to impose a gay lifestyle on children. Your funny :D

You can doubt it all you want, its still a fact.

http://www.massresistance.org/media/video/brainwashing.html

Edited by preacherman76

Honestly?

I don't understand why anyone cares about what other people do in bed. And gay people having the same rights as straight people seems sort of...fair to me. I don't understand why this is even an issue. People have the absolute right to be who they are, provided they are not harming anyone else.

well if theres nothing wrong with teaching the bible in school, no matter how stupid the idea of it is (teaching it that is), it should be more okay for the children to think its okay. its just called being a hypocrit

Honestly?

I don't understand why anyone cares about what other people do in bed. And gay people having the same rights as straight people seems sort of...fair to me. I don't understand why this is even an issue. People have the absolute right to be who they are, provided they are not harming anyone else.

thats the point most of us are trying to make out for those who oppose gay marriage

Edited by dr alien

well if theres nothing wrong with teaching the bible in school, no matter how stupid the idea of it is (teaching it that is), it should be more okay for the children to think its okay. its just called being a hypocrit

thats the point most of us are trying to make out for those who oppose gay marriage

Hu? Who's trying to teach the bible in school??? And who among you think its ok if they did?????????????????????????????????????????

Quote: Preacherdude

"HU??? What are you talking about? They are in jail because they believe the bible is right about homosexuality being a sin, and have openly expressed it. Not to any school, but from thier church altar. On top of that they werent sentanced by any court, but from a human rights commition. Please learn about what you are talking about before you speak on this subject. No one is in jail for speaking religion at a school. No one would let them do that to begin with."

I'm glad there in jail as the bible in the wrong hands is more dangerous than any guy person or gay marriage period. The bible lies and the people that spew it forth with there own self righteous BS is a crime of hate when it comes to gays.

The bible is fictitious and can be interprited in anyway such as that Jesus was gay. Get off your cloud and join the real world. That whole gay storm original video is by far the funnest :tu: and if you believe that clip in the OP you sir are the one that does not have the facts and you have proven it LOL

Hu? Who's trying to teach the bible in school??? And who among you think its ok if they did?????????????????????????????????????????

the Religious Education teachers teach the bible in school :) and if i wanted to learn the bible i would go to chruch <_<

Edited by dr alien

Quote: Preacherdude

"HU??? What are you talking about? They are in jail because they believe the bible is right about homosexuality being a sin, and have openly expressed it. Not to any school, but from thier church altar. On top of that they werent sentanced by any court, but from a human rights commition. Please learn about what you are talking about before you speak on this subject. No one is in jail for speaking religion at a school. No one would let them do that to begin with."

I'm glad there in jail as the bible in the wrong hands is more dangerous than any guy person or gay marriage period. The bible lies and the people that spew it forth with there own self righteous BS is a crime of hate when it comes to gays.

The bible is fictitious and can be interprited in anyway such as that Jesus was gay. Get off your cloud and join the real world. That whole gay storm original video is by far the funnest :tu: and if you believe that clip in the OP you sir are the one that does not have the facts and you have proven it LOL

WOW.

I guess I have more than proven my point here. Good day folks.

the Religious Education teachers teach the bible in school :) and if i wanted to learn the bible i would go to chruch <_<

Well those are private schools, who parents pay for thier children to learn religion.

HU??? What are you talking about? They are in jail because they believe the bible is right about homosexuality being a sin, and have openly expressed it. Not to any school, but from thier church altar. On top of that they werent sentanced by any court, but from a human rights commition. Please learn about what you are talking about before you speak on this subject. No one is in jail for speaking religion at a school. No one would let them do that to begin with.

You can doubt it all you want, its still a fact.

http://www.massresistance.org/media/video/brainwashing.html

Well I see that as wrong as even hate speech is free speech.

As for brainwashing... Your sexuality is how you feel, not what you're taught in the vast majority. If that was truly the case there would be no such thing as a christian homosexual but there is and they were brainwashed with the bible since childhood in most cases that what they felt inside was wrong.

Edited by __Kratos__

Well I see that as wrong as even hate speech is free speech.

As for brainwashing... Your sexuality is how you feel, not what you're taught in the vast majority. If that was truly the case there would be no such thing as a christian homosexual but there is and they were brainwashed with the bible since childhood in most cases that what they felt inside was wrong.

You dont know that. Especialy when it comes to kids as young as 5 and 6 years old. I could certainly see confusion being brought to them.

Thanks for agreeing on the free speech thing though.

Edited by preacherman76

You dont know that. Especialy when it comes to kids as young as 5 and 6 years old. I could certainly see confusion being brought to them.

Thanks for agreeing on the free speech thing though.

So then what about kids that are gay? You're seemly fine with teaching that homosexuality is wrong, so what do you say to those kids that are going to be confused by what they feel? Rather then being taught that what you feel is who you are, not that you have to be straight, gay, bi or any other color in the rainbow.

Sure I did, you just cant seem to add 1 + 1.

As far as I can tell (although I admit I may have been fooled by the odd grammar), you just listed several negative trends in society (i.e. drugs, STD's, etc.) which are commonly associated with the gay subculture, presenting it as a threat to society. If I am wrong, or have misread your points, please do correct me, although I'll remind you you've already played the 'ignorant fascist nazi' card on me :tu:

So then what about kids that are gay? You're seemly fine with teaching that homosexuality is wrong, so what do you say to those kids that are going to be confused by what they feel? Rather then being taught that what you feel is who you are, not that you have to be straight, gay, bi or any other color in the rainbow.

Not in a school Im not. Im for teaching kids that its never ok to bully anyone, for any reason. I dont see why homosexuals get so much attention anyway. What about the skinny pale freckled face red head kid? Or the fat girl, ect ect ect ect.

As far as I can tell (although I admit I may have been fooled by the odd grammar), you just listed several negative trends in society (i.e. drugs, STD's, etc.) which are commonly associated with the gay subculture, presenting it as a threat to society. If I am wrong, or have misread your points, please do correct me, although I'll remind you you've already played the 'ignorant fascist nazi' card on me :tu:

So why did you pretend to not understand what I was saying?

Well those are private schools, who parents pay for thier children to learn religion.

dude i go to a public school. religious and physical eduation is compulsary in all schools in the u.k. and we dont get marked on it unless we opted for the actual gcse which i havent and ive still got to do those subjetcs.

dude i go to a public school. religious and physical is ceduationompulsary in all schools in the u.k. and we dont get marked on it unless we opted for the actual gcse which i havent and ive still got to do those subjetcs.

Really? Im surprised to hear that. You mean you just learn about different religions? Or is one sponcered as truth?

So why did you pretend to not understand what I was saying?

Because I didn't, though, just to clarify, not on account of being an ignorant fascist nazi.

Now, do you honestly, for some reason, believe that STD's, drugs, etc. (all of which occur regardless of homosexuality) can be blamed on gay culture?

Edit for spelling... <_<

Edited by Drego

Really? Im surprised to hear that. You mean you just learn about different religions? Or is one sponcered as truth?

yeah we learn about different religions, im just saying that every religion has a holy book, and if i wanted to know about it i would go to the place of worship.

Edited by dr alien

Dr. Alien is refering to some Roman Catholic schools in Britain which are funded by the government. Parent's don't have to pay for their kids to go to these schools.

I went to one, it was pretty safe. It was mainly teaching us about Catholicism and we had to go to church but they didn't teach Christian dogma or any anti-gay propaganda, it was very moderate (strangely enough now I look back they didn't teach evolution in science classes). They even taught us about all the religions and how they are used to make their followers be all peaceful and loving. They ignored the more extremist views of the Abrahamic religions which I found out about later.

To be honest my parents only sent me there because it was the best school (qualifications wise) in my town, our physics teacher was one of the top ten science teachers in the country.

EDIT: Oh, dr. alien already clarified what he meant, christ I'm a slow typer. Ignore.

Edited by Splodgenessabounds

Dr. Alien is refering to some Roman Catholic schools in Britain which are funded by the government. Parent's don't have to pay for their kids to go to these schools.

I went to one, it was pretty safe. It was mainly teaching us about Catholicism and we had to go to church but they didn't teach Christian dogma or any anti-gay propaganda, it was very moderate (strangely enough now I look back they didn't teach evolution in science classes). They even taught us about all the religions and how they are used to make their followers be all peaceful and loving. They ignored the more extremist views of the Abrahamic religions which I found out about later.

To be honest my parents only sent me there because it was the best school (qualifications wise) in my town, our physics teacher was one of the top ten science teachers in the country.

EDIT: Oh, dr. alien already clarified what he meant, christ I'm a slow typer. Ignore.

i was reffering to all schools in the u.k. :wacko: or wales that is... :hmm:

If you are against gay marriage thats fine.

Just don't marry a gay person.

Because thats the ONLY way if can affect YOU.