Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Tournament ideas

D1CKY D1AMOND

I was wondering if there was a way we could get some Texas hold em tourney's or something... I'm not a chess player lol.

I don't want to have more than one tournament running at the same time however its something we can consider, i'm quite partial to a game of poker so it is definately a possibility.

• Like 1

I don't want to have more than one tournament running at the same time however its something we can consider, i'm quite partial to a game of poker so it is definately a possibility.

Yeah a poker tournament would be cool

My chess playing is poor ,very poor. thought id do okay but never playing chess before and entering a tournament is not the best idea i had

Now i feel stupid

• Like 1

Question is, Saru -- can you organise a poker game on UM, considering that such games seem to need interactive 'real time' participation? Or, have you a method where this could be played in the form of a correspondence game?

Karlis

I don't have any plans on how to do this at the moment, its still just a possibility to consider.

• 3 weeks later...

Thats an awsome Idea

Thanks

B???

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I don't have any plans on how to do this at the moment, its still just a possibility to consider.

Sweet, now we just need to get some U.M. X-box Live matches going on.

Halo? Battlefield? Call of Duty? ;)

• Like 1

Sounds like an interesting idea. :)

On that note if anyone has a proposal for a tournament they think others here would enjoy and would like to have a go at organising it then feel free to start a thread and give it a shot. :tu:

• 3 months later...

I think Saru has expressed his like to put up the tournament regarding poker but I do believe he is now too stressed at moment to put it through because he have the debate tournaments to conduct and it is a big deal!

Thanks

B???

There's nothing specific planned but a Poker tournament is something that has been suggested before.

If anyone fancies themselves as organiser for such a tournament i'm open to volunteers, the UM Tournaments and Events board is here to be used. ;)

I think Saru has expressed his like to put up the tournament regarding poker but I do believe he is now too stressed at moment to put it through because he have the debate tournaments to conduct and it is a big deal!

I'm afraid the debates system has taken an extended holiday for the forseeable future. :P

I'm more of a Connect 4 guy, myself. Although I have dabbled in Texas Holdem, lost all my money, and then dabbled no more.

I'm afraid the debates system has taken an extended holiday for the forseeable future. :P

As far as I am concerned thats a good decesion because I have exams in march so I would be unable to connect!! :P But I seriously hope we will have one somewhere in 2010

Thanks

B???

I'm all in! What do we need to do to get this thing going?