Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Miss CA in hot water

Sho_Sho

Kratos made a good point the top three women will be represenatives and spokes people. They need to act more like a politician and appease as many people as they can to win. Should she have curbbed her opinion a little or left something out to appease a larger group ? Hell ya if she wanted to win. However she stuck to her guns and spoke what she felt, nothing wrong with that if you don't care what people think of your opinion. Given the enviroment she was in (california) she should have knowen that her stance would not be recieved well. I give her credit for standing up for what she believes even if I totaly disagree with her but the reaction shouldn't come as a surprise.

Edit: beauty pageants arn't for the faint of heart, it's a dog eat dog compitition and if your not willing to sacrifice your views to win you probably won't win. It's rather disgusting but thats how it is.

So it’s better to lie and tell people what they want to hear so you can win? This just goes to show the true mentality of most people and why the world is the way it is today.

For a group that doesn’t like their voice silenced they are sure quick to silence others who don’t agree with them. It’s hypocritical to the highest degree.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• __Kratos__

• The Silver Thong

• danielost

Backed by a huge support of christians and other believers.

The majority shouldn't oppress the rights of a minority. Aren't we all suppose to be equal in America?

I agree, but if you had your way you'd suppress all of the Christian viewpoints. ;)

I suspect that this has more to do with the fact the public generally have lost interest beauty pageants, with the exception of the paedophile children’s pageants, they are generally in decline globally. To attract media interest which is now a controversy / sleaze machine, you guessed it; it needs controversy or sleaze to survive.

I wonder if in a couple of years if they will be judged upon which celebs they have slept with and which they b**** slapped. :o:D

Well I think it’s great that Americans are able to choose one or the other. Um, we live in a land that you can choose same sex marriage or opposite marriage and, you know what, in my country and in, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman ... No offense to anybody out there. But that’s how I was raised and that’s how I think that it should be between a man and a woman."

Her opinion.......but man did it cost her LMAO......I mean what is it with people that speak in public for all to see and hear?? If it were me and I was against gay marriages......in a beauty pagent, and asked my opinion.....I am not going to be that stupid to show I am against a certain race / culture...I mean WHY??? I want people to respect me, and show that I have NO quams with anything that sounds racist.......not if its goingto cost me my crown LOL <------------------all o this was hypothetical...saying IF I was her.............In reality...I am all for gay marriages, and I am not saying it to make myself look goodie 2 shoes....I say exactly what is on my mind......I hold NOTHING back...........if I was against a race.and I saw a thread on that very thing......I would keep my comments to myself ................if I have nothing nice to say...best not sayit lol

Gays getting hitched is no big deal....heck I am sure a lot of their marriages last a lot longer than some straight peoples marriages........agem my own for starters :lol:

Heh, I don't think so. There are plenty of opinions out there that aren't right and just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you're going to be respected for it. This is a private group looking for role models in a modern world and to promote their image. The religious bigotry she spewed out of her pretty mouth isn't what they were looking for.

She doesn't believe in gay marriage but yet she still wears clothing of mixed cloth (Leviticus19:19), promotes lust and immorality with her dressing style and showing off her body, among a lot of other things. So in the end to, she's just a huge hypocrite.

EXACTLY......all opinions out there......and a lot of these opinions can be costly

Edited by Beckys_Mom

So it’s better to lie and tell people what they want to hear so you can win? This just goes to show the true mentality of most people and why the world is the way it is today.

For a group that doesn’t like their voice silenced they are sure quick to silence others who don’t agree with them. It’s hypocritical to the highest degree.

At the end of my post I did say it was disgusting. These pagents are serious stuff and if you want to win you have to say what the people want to hear. It's not right but this is not a prom queen compitition. People have been killed over these pagents. Personaly I think beauty pageants are disgusting over all, well except the bathing suit part :P

I agree, but if you had your way you'd suppress all of the Christian viewpoints. ;)

Oh?

So it’s better to lie and tell people what they want to hear so you can win?

Doesn't stop politicians LMAO :w00t: if it works.........go for it....DING!!!!

LMAO

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Oh?

I think so...jmo.

:P I've seen too many of your rants.

I think so...jmo.

Yeaa but you gotta hand it to Kratos....he shoots straight to the point....regardless of the topic LOL.........I like his rants LOL......sometimes I would look out for a kratos thread...and I know it's showtime LOL :P

Love for ya Kratos...lol I tip my hat to ya mate

Heh, I don't think so. There are plenty of opinions out there that aren't right and just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you're going to be respected for it. This is a private group looking for role models in a modern world and to promote their image. The religious bigotry she spewed out of her pretty mouth isn't what they were looking for.

She doesn't believe in gay marriage but yet she still wears clothing of mixed cloth (Leviticus19:19), promotes lust and immorality with her dressing style and showing off her body, among a lot of other things. So in the end to, she's just a huge hypocrite.

I think your argument is bogus, and based solely on an anti-religion platform, rather than any form of logic.

She didn't spew hate or bigotry, she stated her opinion based on her view and background and morality. She's not an ultra-orthodox Jew for Pete's sake? Your "cloth" argument is absurd. Its' absurd to vilify her.

Do I care that some people think it cost her "the crown"? No, honestly, I don't. If she didn't want to pander to a few dozen gay judges, that's her call.

She thinks that marriage should be between a man and a woman. So what? It may be an unpopular position among some circles, but it's also the opinion of the majority of Americans.

If, at some point, some genius decides it's unconstitutional to deny two people of the same sex a marriage license, great! So be it! but no one has done that yet, have they?

I think your statement on opinions borders on fascist.

Kratos knows I like him...but that doesn't mean we will always agree.

Doesn't stop politicians LMAO :w00t: if it works.........go for it....DING!!!!

LMAO

Thats what I mean, they arn't going to win by just saying they want to feed the world or accomplish world peace. LOL if you want to play the game you have to be willing to get dirty. It's just how the ball roles in these compititions. Unless she just wanted her message heard, than she accomplished that.

I think so...jmo.

I don't even think that's debatable. I bet if you presented a point or idea that he agreed with, he'd change his stance if he discovered some religion backed that point up, particularly any Christian flavor.

I would not be surprised if some pictures of her come out in a few weeks of her kissing a girlfriend while out drinking and partying. That would be a hell of a scandal. LOL

She still has a right to her opinion without it costing her the crown. Its reverse discrimination

http://www.slavenorth.com/

It doesn't pay to skip history class SQLserver. Slavery was not merely a southern phenomena, contrary to popular belief.

What on Earth are you talking about? This is the biggest SO? I think I've ever heard, ever.

Let's take a look at what I said again:

The vast, vast majority of those in the southern states in the early 1800's believed it was alright to restrict others to a lifetime of slavery. Did that make it right? Of course not. And guess what? This time around, as it is every time around, it is the same people quoting from the same book that want to limit liberty and the pursuit of happiness in our country.

Now, can you please explain what ON EARTH the existence of slavery in the north, which I was quite aware of, has to do with my post?

Perhaps you misunderstood. Let me summarize what I said so you don't reply with something irrelevant again.

A. Slavery was supported by the majority of voters in the Southern states.

B. That didn't make it right.

C. The same goes for any liberty: The opinion of the public amounts to NOTHING, and is completely irrelevant to the liberty.

D. So why are we asking beauty queens about fundamental liberties, and setting them to a vote? That's insane.

-SQLserver

She still has a right to her opinion without it costing her the crown. Its reverse discrimination

I can see your point.......I see both sides of this ...........on one hand I can say she shouldnt have been discriminated against for stating what she believes...K?

Then....in the other hand...... to show everyone you are not against any race or anyones way of life....to show a respectable head and show that you are in no way a bigot.......you should be able to pull that off no sweat

See they are now asking people in public those sort of questions ...IE - the gay marriage...what do you think about it?? <---more and more of those sort of questions will always pop up...it puts a lot of people on the spot....but if you wish to show you are smart enough to aviod anyone slamming you........then even if you believe it was wrong....dont do it.....for you make yourself look bad

Every single person on the face of this planet, each one has something they are dead against............the smart ones will keep it under their hat..........the word TACTFUL comes into place

Anyone that tries to claim they dont have a lil bigot inside of them....is talking cobblers.....everyone has something like it, that inside them....and i mean everyone.....WHY? its human nature

Just because a lot wont admit it....doesn't mean they don't have it lol

Put it this way.....If UM was the kind of forum, that allowed you to say what ever you liked to anyone.......can you imagine the chaos???

Edited by Beckys_Mom

It really was a loaded question and shouldnt have been asked to begin with. Regardless of her answer she would have offended someone. Its a beauty contest! Perez Hilton is just an idiot...... gay or straight, still an idiot!

It really was a loaded question and shouldnt have been asked to begin with. Regardless of her answer she would have offended someone. Its a beauty contest! Perez Hilton is just an idiot...... gay or straight, still an idiot!

Damn straight :tu: lol

OK. I still don't get why he was a judge. Is main claim to fame is he is a blogger? When did being a Blogger mean your famous?

EXACTLY!!!

The most contradicting thing for any christian to say in public...is....

I have nothing against gays.........BUT.......I don't think gays should be allowed to marry...as marriage is for a man and a woman

I have bolded the two things that totally contradict each other lol

If you have NOTHING against gays.....then shot in the dark here but... you wouldn't have anything against them getting married....right??

But I tend to wonder if they can see this??

And what about their bible?? have they totally forgotten that??

The bible says - Homosexuality is an abomination, as it clearly reads -->Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them" <--its written in the bible........so obviously it is dead aginst gays?? So if you are a christian...and you follow that, then why would you make a statement to claim - you have nothing against gays?

The only ones who she could offend if she said - I believe gays should be allowed to have equal rights...........are those who are against gays period LOL

I wouldnt worry about offending those that show discrimination.........I wouldnt lose sleep over it lol

I think so...jmo.

At the end of the day, I still think they should be allowed to talk freely but I'm doubting I'm going to agree that I have to agree with them. I'm quite open to freedom of expression.

Yeaa but you gotta hand it to Kratos....he shoots straight to the point....regardless of the topic LOL.........I like his rants LOL......sometimes I would look out for a kratos thread...and I know it's showtime LOL :P

Love for ya Kratos...lol I tip my hat to ya mate

Just gotta cut through the bs and get to the root. Her opinion is rooted in her christian beliefs she was raised with. I find it hard to believe that people just don't look over the bible and see it's very anti-homosexual in both the OT and NT.

I think your argument is bogus, and based solely on an anti-religion platform, rather than any form of logic.

She didn't spew hate or bigotry, she stated her opinion based on her view and background and morality. She's not an ultra-orthodox Jew for Pete's sake? Your "cloth" argument is absurd. Its' absurd to vilify her.

Do I care that some people think it cost her "the crown"? No, honestly, I don't. If she didn't want to pander to a few dozen gay judges, that's her call.

She thinks that marriage should be between a man and a woman. So what? It may be an unpopular position among some circles, but it's also the opinion of the majority of Americans.

If, at some point, some genius decides it's unconstitutional to deny two people of the same sex a marriage license, great! So be it! but no one has done that yet, have they?

I think your statement on opinions borders on fascist.

The logic that speaking out against a minority to single them out for discrimination is wrong?

She has no problem using her beliefs to be against gay marriage and the cloth argument is just the next chapter of that very same book. Or if you go into the NT into Romans, you'll see she's still a hypocrite for being who she is in the contest for everyday things. Either way, the bottle line is she's a hypocrite.

Didn't Iowa just do that?

Yeah, because my disagreeing with someone else's opinion must be wrong.

Just gotta cut through the bs and get to the root. Her opinion is rooted in her christian beliefs she was raised with. I find it hard to believe that people just don't look over the bible and see it's very anti-homosexual in both the OT and NT.

Right.....I don't like to beat around the bush...I like to get straight to the point...

I personally couldnt follow a belief that makes me go against a persons way of life...............what is so very contradicting about it all is......the character jesus preaches love for ALL.....then how can the word - discrimination, fit into love for all?? it dont fit IMO

A lot of these christian protestors that picket gay marches ect......I don't get why that one so called sin is a big issue? I mean where are these people when people are up for bigger crimes / sins...like MURDER? RAPE? ...or ok not as big.... but theives?? <--how come I havent seen christian protestors picket these people??.........is it a case of them being too scared to take a stand?? What is it?

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Miss CA in hot water?

It's a nice image... think I'll hold that picture in my mind before I comment...