Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Miss CA in hot water

Sho_Sho

Or how bout, if your a discriminatory piece of sh!t then your evil. Stop livin' in the past its a new generation.

I know many religious people that love gay people and actively support gay marriage. :D <-- These are people that think for themselves

Ive seen many religious people that are just sheep to their faith and blindly support the "seperate but equal" old-school beliefs, and of course you have those that are still saying "god hates fags" <-- these are religious people that live off hate and discrimination because they are brainwashed by fear of people that are different or not their defenition of " normal"

Your right so stop discriminating against those who believe in God.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• __Kratos__

• The Silver Thong

• danielost

Or how bout, if your a discriminatory piece of sh!t then your evil. Stop livin' in the past its a new generation.

I know many religious people that love gay people and actively support gay marriage. :D <-- These are people that think for themselves

Ive seen many religious people that are just sheep to their faith and blindly support the "seperate but equal" old-school beliefs, and of course you have those that are still saying "god hates fags" <-- these are religious people that live off hate and discrimination because they are brainwashed by fear of people that are different or not their defenition of " normal"

:rolleyes:

Riiiight.

Great way to get your point across.

This isn't about gay marriage or gay rights being right or wrong.

It's really about a person expressing their opinion, when they were specifically asked, "What do you think?" And then being vilified for it. Sure, that opinion is similar to the majority of Americans opinions, but sure, she should be vilified because a small segment of society feels differently about it...

Face it, there is debate about the propriety of "gay marriage", and all of the pro's and con's do NOT revolve around religion. There are an assortment of social, economic, and even constitutional issues at hand, but as long as people keep on screaming "God hates fags" or "Christians are discriminatory pieces of sh!t", no one is going to get anywhere. And that's what I see here.

Actually, what I see is even worse. No one can say "God hates fags" here, but it's OK to say Christians are discriminatory pieces of sh!t. That's the political climate out there right now, even here on UM. You can hate a Christian, and the media cheers you on, but dislike an AGENDA pushed by SOME homosexuals, and you are instantly VILIFIED.

:rolleyes:

Riiiight.

Great way to get your point across.

Actually, what I see is even worse. No one can say "God hates fags" here, but it's OK to say Christians are discriminatory pieces of sh!t.

Lol you guys are so dumb. My point was that it has nothing to do with religion. Its about anyone that discriminates in this day and age are evil.

Please quote my text where I was aiming at christians. I BEG YOU!

You are just spewing made up crap now.

Lol you guys are so dumb. My point was that it has nothing to do with religion. Its about anyone that discriminates in this day and age are evil.

Please quote my text where I was aiming at christians. I BEG YOU!

You are just spewing made up crap now.

QUOTE (danielost @ Apr 23 2009, 07:54 AM)

what it seems to be coming down to is if your religous your evil.

Your reply to daniel:

I know many religious people that love gay people and actively support gay marriage. <-- These are people that think for themselves

I think it's safe to say that the bold portions of your hate-filled post regard Christians. Are you saying that the first sentence in your post is just coincidentally above the below bolded portions of your post?

And are you implying that NOT supporting gay marriage is discriminatory? And that people that DON'T support it should be silenced, or labeled discriminatory pieces of sh!t , and evil?

Your reply to daniel:

I think it's safe to say that the bold portions of your hate-filled post regard Christians. Are you saying that the first sentence in your post is just coincidentally above the below bolded portions of your post?

And are you implying that NOT supporting gay marriage is discriminatory? And that people that DON'T support it should be silenced, or labeled discriminatory pieces of sh!t , and evil?

I find it strange if you do not hold the PC view than you are branded as religious zealot and are therefore an intolerant bigot.

Same sex marriage is social issues not necessary a religious issue, as there are as many Christians divided by the issue as there are non religious people divided. For evidence of this I recommend advocates of such stop by their local truck stop or biker bar and find out how receptive they are to the issue. I guarantee at least you will not be preached at. :P

Your reply to daniel:

Stop saying im aiming at christians, they are not unique.

Christians, muslims, hell, any religious people that still shout "God Hates Fags" and "AIDS is your punishment" in my opinion, are evil, yes. Athiests do it too! Should they be silenced? No. This is the USA.

Christians, muslims, and other religious people that still support seperate but equal beliefs in my opinion, are living in the past. Would I go as far as call them evil? I guess not. Would I call them discriminatory, Yes.

Edited by The Sweater Song

It shouldn't matter if most of the men who work the pageants are gay. Bottom line is this, she has the right to her opinion and if "Perez" didn't want to hear the truth, he never should have asked her such a RIDICULOUS question in the first place. Geez! I remember when freedom of speech was a right. Now it's an act of bravery if you speak at all. Pfft! The beauty pageants are hardly a forum where such politics should even be brought up, in my opinion. Should I go duck now because I've expressed it?

WELL SAID! :clap: :clap:

So for 50+ years it was okay to shun and belittle people who supported gays for BASIC civil rights, and now that the tables have turned a full 360, people are whining and crying that christians are getting unfair treatment by the media.

You can dish it out for 50+ years but you cant fkin' take it.

Atleast the media is finally on the right side.

Edited by Rastaman

Christians, muslims, hell, any religious people that still shout "God Hates Fags" and "AIDS is your punishment" in my opinion, are evil, yes. Athiests do it too! Should they be silenced? No. This is the USA.

Christians, muslims, and other religious people that still support seperate but equal beliefs in my opinion, are living in the past. Would I go as far as call them evil? I guess not. Would I call them discriminatory, Yes.

I personally never used the words christians, muslims or any other religion name in my post. However your attack did imply christians. The latest one is including all religions.

I have never heard a christian ask some one what they believe and then tell them to shut up you b----- becouse they didn't like the answer said person gave.

Funny how Hollywood and the PC brigade have condemned this woman more than oppressive foreign dictators. :rolleyes: Bravo to her for stating an honest opinion when asked for it.

Funny how Hollywood and the PC brigade have condemned this woman more than oppressive foreign dictators. :rolleyes: Bravo to her for stating an honest opinion when asked for it.

Can you be any more dramatic? The media is calling her answer controversial and thats exactly what it is. Controversial.

Well she has the right to her opinion. If that's how she grew up. That's how she grew up.

He said he wasn't offended. Yet he goes on his blog to "rant" about it. :/ He just didn't like her answer.

*Sighs*

Look at it this way,

If anyone on public T.V. says something slightly racist against blacks, the nation is up in arms. Its still sort of sensitive. With the whole gay thing being very new compared to black civil rights, you can only expect it to be highly sensitive aswell. Do you get what im saying?

If they didn't want her honest opinion they shouldn't have asked.

I have seen this over and over again over the last few years, the loud minority is going to force everyone else to see and think their way

The only majority that disapproves of gay marriage is the over 65 crowd. Younger people approve of it by a huge margin. So reconcile yourself to the fact that it's going to happen. And stop thinking of yourself as part of the great silent moral majority. You aren't. Right now it's about 50%/50% and the percentage of "nay's" is dropping with every day someone dies of old age.

Can you be any more dramatic? The media is calling her answer controversial and thats exactly what it is. Controversial.

Did I mention anything about "the media"?

Perez Hilton, the judge who asked her the question, is calling her a "b****". Several Hollywood figures have condemned her answer, yet these same people are silent when other Hollywood figures cuddle-up with characters like Hugo Chavez or other people who are actually bad. If you can show me similar outrage from the Hollywood crowd to Chavez's numerous anti-democratic actions or Castro's imprisonment of dissidents, I may concede that they're deserving of a modicum of respect. Good hunting.

Exactly!

Another thing, to be a "role model" and present "America" you have to be supportful* of gay marriage?

I'm trying not to be a hater. :/

*= Probably spelt wrong.

Edited by MoonPrincess

Beauty contests are meat markets that have nothing to do with politics. I don't understand why media folks ask beauty contestants for their political views and then get bent out of shape over the answers.

The only majority that disapproves of gay marriage is the over 65 crowd. Younger people approve of it by a huge margin. So reconcile yourself to the fact that it's going to happen. And stop thinking of yourself as part of the great silent moral majority. You aren't. Right now it's about 50%/50% and the percentage of "nay's" is dropping with every day someone dies of old age.

When my mother was a teenager, her grandmother was FURIOUS that her sister married an italian. Its just so stupid & silly.

It was a transitional period when young italians & irish people began to get married and their grandparent's generation was absolutely FURIOUS.

The same thing is going on here with Gay Marriage, older generation clinging onto their beliefs (because you know people dont change), and the younger generation paving the way for the next transition in the right direction. :D

Even faster me thinks. When I was a teen and yes into my mid 20's I was a huge bigot towards the gay community and I spewed hate all the time about them. Then I grew up and my ways changed dramaticly. The acceptance of the gay community will only gain more momentum as people like me wake up and grow up. I think in 10-15 years acceptance won't even be questioned as it will be an accepted norm.

Edit: I spelt gay as guy lol

Edited by The Silver Thong

Even faster me thinks. When I was a teen and yes into my mid 20's I was a huge bigot towards the gay community and I spewed hate all the time about them. Then I grew up and my ways changed dramaticly. The acceptance of the guy community will only gain more momentum as people like me wake up and grow up. I think in 10-15 years acceptance won't even be questioned as it will be an accepted norm.

What a good post.

I guess this is you reassessing your original statement...

And seriously, since this disaster of a thread was originally about a "Christian" viewpoint of Miss Cali., and you made comments about Christians, I'll keep on saying you were aiming at Christians.

Feel free to re-clarify your point of view if you have reassessed where you stand exactly. I can see by your icons and sigs that you already have a position, and I know it's easy to "knee-jerk" react. But, the good thing about this place, is you can think before you "speak" (as well as spell-check)! :lol:

(I believe) People that discriminate are evil, and this includes christians(that support discrimination). And thats all folks.

...and no, it wasn't a knee jerk reaction. they are pieces of sh!t.

I guess this is you reassessing your original statement...

And seriously, since this disaster of a thread was originally about a "Christian" viewpoint of Miss Cali., and you made comments about Christians, I'll keep on saying you were aiming at Christians.

Once again, I said all religious people, not just christians. They are not unique by any stretch of imagination.

By your logic any one that eats a clam is sinning. It's boorish and absurd. None of it is based on any logic or tid-bit of reality. Your obsession with other peoples sins via hypocrisy are, as I said, old and tired.

If they didn't use those parts of the bible to justify their bigotry, I wouldn't bring it up... It would seem that if you use it to form your opinions, it would be reverent to bring up to question...

I was watching the news last night and was too lazy to go over and get the remote during the interview to turn off her friend on Greta and she was saying that the part of the contest this came up in wasn't suppose they were to be judged on their opinion but on their speech abilities and how they could phrase a question, is that true anybody? Because if it is, that puts this into a whole different ball game.

[/b]

Even faster me thinks. When I was a teen and yes into my mid 20's I was a huge bigot towards the gay community and I spewed hate all the time about them. Then I grew up and my ways changed dramaticly. The acceptance of the gay community will only gain more momentum as people like me wake up and grow up. I think in 10-15 years acceptance won't even be questioned as it will be an accepted norm.

Edit: I spelt gay as guy lol

For the people that think it's "old people", that are anti-gay marriage, read this!!!!

It's not old folks, it's VOTERS. Period! How many times has a gay marriage vote or anti-gay marriage vote of some sort been floated by various states? And how many have been passed or blocked in FAVOR of gay marriage? Hell, even California couldn't do it! Massachusetts, an absolute bastion of left wing progressive liberalism can't do it (right).

It may very well be just a matter of time. And that's fine. Just quit blaming it on religion. I wish all voters had to write a one paragraph sentence on WHY they voted the way they did...

Good post ST.

I bet it was more than growing up too. It was Brad Pitts butt! :lol: Booya! :P