Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Miss CA in hot water

Sho_Sho

If I looked like that I'd model lingerie as well! :lol:

*did I just say that out loud* :unsure2:

I've no doubt the cutting edge of modelling/beauty competing is as much dog-eat-dog (maybe not quite the right way to put it, but you know what I mean!) as any other high-profile career and you use what you've got and do what you do to make it. I'm not going to pretend that any of the other competitors in this pageant are pristine and pure any more than Miss Prejean is, but she got caught.

Beauty pageants are incredibly shallow facades which purport to promote 'inner beauty and intelligence' as much as simply having a great body. We know Miss Prejean has a great body - even 'greater' now she has had her boob job - and can see much more of that body thanks to her modelling photo's. We know she can act because she convinced the judges she was beautiful on the inside, and intelligent. She just didn't act well enough (or for long enough) to get away with it.

Boo hoo, springs to mind.

I think modeling is fine and fun for some.

But I agree that Beauty pageants are shallow (especially children's peagants anger me....grrrrrrr), but hey, if that's what rocks some people's boat on shallow waters, let them have their (Angel) cake, full of air & fluff n stuff. Let people be happy.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• __Kratos__

• The Silver Thong

• danielost

This women is a nasty, ignorant bigot who wants to force the entire country to conform to her shallow lifestyle. She's a controlling b**** with a superiority complex and a lousy education. Her brainless cruel intolerance defines her as a real bottom feeder. The only thing that could-- and does-- drag her even lower is the way she twists a great 2,000 year old spiritual tradition of compassion to justify her nastiness. She is scum.

Really, what sort of response is this? How hypocritical is it that the person making this response is accusing someone else of being nasty, of being ignorant?

So you think that her trying to take away the right of thousands of loving couples to marry is equivalent to me saying she doesn't have the right to take their rights away? I strongly disagree. She is [trying to] take away people's rights. The only right I'm trying to take away is her right to create a class of legal second class citizens.

Her hateful belief results in her having superior rights to thousands of other citizens. My "hateful" belief is that she doesn't have a right to do this. If you can't see any difference between these two attitudes you aren't figuring the idea that "humans have equal rights" into your thinking.

To exaggerate the principle: you are saying that a slave owner is on a par with someone who tries to end slavery because both are taking away someone's rights (the abolitionist is taking away the right of the slave owner to own slaves).

Regarding hatred-- I hate people who indulge in taking away their neighbors' civil rights and justifying it with religion. If you think that puts me on a par with people who take away their neighbors' civil rights, you're entitled to your opinion but I think you are lost in a dense intellectual fog.

So you think that her trying to take away the right of thousands of loving couples to marry is equivalent to me saying she doesn't have the right to take their rights away?

Yes. That is exactly what I said. You did not make any assumptions or read anything into that statement at all. In fact, I used those exacts same words when i spoke.

:rolleyes:

I strongly disagree.

I would too, if someone said something like that.

She is [trying to] take away people's rights.

Really?

It sounded like she was answering a question at a beauty pageant.

The only right I'm trying to take away is her right to create a class of legal second class citizens.

You are?

It just sounded like you were venting on the internet.

This is just a discussion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Her hateful belief results in her having superior rights to thousands of other citizens. My "hateful" belief is that she doesn't have a right to do this. If you can't see any difference between these two attitudes you aren't figuring the idea that "humans have equal rights" into your thinking.

Her hateful belief doesn't result in anything until it turns into hateful actions, such as heading up a group that opposes gay marriage.

I don't care too much about her pageant comments. I am disappointed in her choice to represent that political group.

To exaggerate the principle: you are saying that a slave owner is on a par with someone who tries to end slavery because both are taking away someone's rights (the abolitionist is taking away the right of the slave owner to own slaves).

Yep, that's certainly an exaggeration of an exaggeration.

Regarding hatred-- I hate people who indulge in taking away their neighbors' civil rights and justifying it with religion. If you think that puts me on a par with people who take away their neighbors' civil rights, you're entitled to your opinion but I think you are lost in a dense intellectual fog.

Religion?

I think you have confused me with someone else.

It sounded like she was answering a question at a beauty pageant.

If you read my posts on this thread you will see that I've stated over and over, "She had a right to express her opinion. She shouldn't lose her crown for it".

Yes. That is exactly what I said. You did not make any assumptions or read anything into that statement at all. In fact, I used those exacts same words when i spoke.

I've read a lot of interesting and informative things in your posts aquatus, but if you think that hating oppression is the same thing as hating and trying to stop oppressors, that is the most evil pile of philosophical **** I've ever read. Do you think the Jews have no right to hate Naziism? Jeez Louise...

Her hateful belief doesn't result in anything until it turns into hateful actions, such as heading up a group that opposes gay marriage.

Something which she is currently doing, if you check the headlines of any national paper.

Edited by Siara

If you read my posts on this thread you will see that I've stated over and over, "She had a right to express her opinion. She shouldn't lose her crown for it".

Yeah, it was mentioned before that I haven't read all 26 pages.

I've read a lot of interesting and informative things in your posts aquatus, but if you think that hating oppression is the same thing as hating and trying to stop oppressors, that is the most evil pile of philosophical **** I've ever read. Do you think the Jews have no right to hate Naziism? Jeez Louise...

Wow, when you make an assumption, you really dig your teeth into it, don't you?

Something which she is currently doing, if you check the headlines of any national paper.

You thought I mentioned it out of sheer coincidence?

I didn't call either her beliefs, or your beliefs, hateful. I did remark on the hypocrisy of the response I had seen. Everything else that you have read into it is on you.

Another racy Prejean photo emerges; site promises more

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- A second lingerie-modeling photo of Miss California USA Carrie Prejean has appeared after she assured pageant officials this week that the earlier shot was the only one she had appeared in.

The Web site that published the first picture published a second one Wednesday. It had already promised to "slowly roll out" more photos.

After the appearance of the first photo, the possibility that racier images could emerge prompted "closed-door meetings" Tuesday to consider stripping Prejean of her beauty queen title, pageant spokesman Ron Neal said.

Although Neal said Prejean "breached her contract" by keeping the semi-nude photo or photos a secret, the only pictures published so far appear about as revealing as the bikini Prejean wore in the pageant's swimsuit competition.

"We have been told by Carrie Prejean there are no other photos other than the one circulating in existence. She should know better than anyone," Miss California USA Director Keith Lewis said Wednesday before the latest photo was released.

More of the article here: Link

------------------------------------------------------

Proof that she lied just a few days ago. :D Nice shot to. So we can add more lying onto her list of sins to make her a slightly bigger hypocrite. ^_^

Donald Trump let her stay.

And now she's saying that she didn't really mean to take the nude photos that were just released it was a 'windy day' and the photographer is to blame for her nudity and for releasing them. :mellow: "Yeah officer, I didn't mean to streak through the streets but it's a pretty windy day as you can see!" I wonder how that one would work? lmao

Just an fyi, she looks better without the implants then with them. Pretty hot bigot. :D

Her whining is quite amusing and her trying to justifty her bigotry. "Diversity... We should all learn to agree to disagree and respect one another...." :blink: She wants to spread hatred but wants respect from the people she's attacking?

I'm glad that she is allowed to keep her crown. Good for her.

I saw the end of the press confess.

I think she appears on Neil tonight on Fox. I might watch it.

Edited by MoonPrincess

I'm glad that she is allowed to keep her crown. Good for her.

I saw the end of the press confess.

I think she appears on Neil tonight on Fox. I might watch it.

Me too! I’m glad she got to keep it. NOW, She needs to start doing what’s expected of her, and if all she’s going to do, is go around talking about her personal beliefs she should step down.

This is a job like any other, and yes the question should never have been asked in the 1st place, but it was...she gave her answer and both sides have been acting inappropriate.

I bet you everything I own, if they did some digging in ALL of the Miss USA contenders past photo shoots, I guarantee most every girl would have a photo of themselves like this, and they are just hoping it never comes out. I think the Miss CA people were trying to find anything they could to get rid of her because of her anti gay marriage stance, they were trying to prove a point, and I think that Miss CA was in the wrong for milking this for as long as she has.

This has turned into an undercover gay rights fight, with the premise of Nude photos. I think anyone with common since can see that they don’t want her because she is anti-gay marriage, but she needs to get off her soap box now and do the job she was granted.

I just hope they all can shut up now. A Beauty pageant is hardly the place for gay rights, or lack there-of platform!

Donald Trump let her stay.

And now she's saying that she didn't really mean to take the nude photos that were just released it was a 'windy day' and the photographer is to blame for her nudity and for releasing them. :mellow: "Yeah officer, I didn't mean to streak through the streets but it's a pretty windy day as you can see!" I wonder how that one would work? lmao

Just an fyi, she looks better without the implants then with them. Pretty hot bigot. :D

Her whining is quite amusing and her trying to justifty her bigotry. "Diversity... We should all learn to agree to disagree and respect one another...." :blink: She wants to spread hatred but wants respect from the people she's attacking?

You extremists need to get a clue. "She is whining?" ... "her bigotry?" ... "she attacked people?"

I do not agree with her "opinion" about gay marriage but all of this hate anything not liberal has got to stop ... Now!!! For the love of God!!!

Me too! I’m glad she got to keep it. NOW, She needs to start doing what’s expected of her, and if all she’s going to do, is go around talking about her personal beliefs she should step down.

This is a job like any other, and yes the question should never have been asked in the 1st place, but it was...she gave her answer and both sides have been acting inappropriate.

I bet you everything I own, if they did some digging in ALL of the Miss USA contenders past photo shoots, I guarantee most every girl would have a photo of themselves like this, and they are just hoping it never comes out. I think the Miss CA people were trying to find anything they could to get rid of her because of her anti gay marriage stance, they were trying to prove a point, and I think that Miss CA was in the wrong for milking this for as long as she has.

This has turned into an undercover gay rights fight, with the premise of Nude photos. I think anyone with common since can see that they don’t want her because she is anti-gay marriage, but she needs to get off her soap box now and do the job she was granted.

I just hope they all can shut up now. A Beauty pageant is hardly the place for gay rights, or lack there-of platform!

I agree.

I'm sure there's other girls who took nude photos.

I hope there aren't anymore judges like Perez. Not because he's gay. But because he was a jerk.

:|

You extremists need to get a clue. "She is whining?" ... "her bigotry?" ... "she attacked people?"

I do not agree with her "opinion" about gay marriage but all of this hate anything not liberal has got to stop ... Now!!! For the love of God!!!

Trust me, they are NOT going to stop for the love of God.

***Stand back and waits for your back lash, for even sugessting such a thing on UM ;)

Trust me, they are NOT going to stop for the love of God.

***Stand back and waits for your back lash, for even sugessting such a thing on UM ;)

Yea, I know ... and I am ready.

On the other hand you cannot debate insanity. ^_^

Extremist?

She is whining, she used her hateful faith to attack others.

If you want me to stop, then tell people like her to shut up and let people be free.

Yea, I know ... and I am ready.

On the other hand you cannot debate insanity. ^_^

Insanity? That's odd because if you read anything I've said in this thread it's rooted in rational from her own statements and actions.

The question has no business in a beauty peagant!

Why was it asked in the first place and who's idea was it? This makes me suspicious.

She shouldn't be punished for her honesty, it is refreshing even though I don't agree with her views. But at the same time I also find it odd and wonder that as a Christian she blatantly lied about the pics, so in my eyes she is a hypocrite now. Why does she choose to take part in such a shallow endeavor, when she could be doing better things to help others?

Do you guys really want a PC country? Because PC is a form of dishonesty and a control mechanism that can have dire consequences in the long run (it was a Marxist strategy)

Everyone has some views that may disturb or offend others, what if you can't express yourself anymore? Now directly inciting to violence is something different.

If she has to shut up then all of us will have to follow suit.

Satan was tempting her.....godness..........it's 2009!!! :lol:

I think wannabe Barbie already lost the the battle when she agreed to the boob job and taking part in this flesh fest . Traditional Family Values.........yes indeed

Edited by momentarylapseofreason

Extremist?

She is whining, she used her hateful faith to attack others.

If you want me to stop, then tell people like her to shut up and let people be free.

Insanity? That's odd because if you read anything I've said in this thread it's rooted in rational from her own statements and actions.

Whhooo horsey, I do not agree myself with her opinion, thus I always say since it is a religous movement which suppresses the freedoms of gays and with that thing called seperation of church and state I am suprised they are not getting married. I also do not agree with the carnage of spite and hatred given Miss CA for stating her opinion. If left alone she would be doing her job of supporting the special olympics instead of changing her routines to combat the hell given her.

Screaming for freedoms by attacking anothers freedoms is not a logical way to go about things now is it.

Not to worry in my opinion though with the flux of new younger voters who are not as ignorant about the situation the tide will soon turn ... I am pretty sure of it.

Screaming for freedoms by attacking anothers freedoms is not a logical way to go about things now is it.

Never said she couldn't say her hateful crap, I said it was wrong.

Disgraced Miss Nevada Irate at Trump Over Miss California

In the wake of Donald Trump's decision to not take away Miss California USA Carrie Prejean's title after semi-nude photos of her showed up online, former Miss Nevada USA Katie Rees, who was stripped of her title in 2006 following a similar incident, is... well, let's just say she isn't happy.

“An accurate word to describe me is irate,” the 24-year-old beauty queen tells Extra. “If you’re semi-nude, you’re semi-nude and it says so in the contract. And [Prejean] broke the contact… She should’ve had her crown taken away just like mine… For her crown not to be taken away is absolutely outrageous.”

Katie also sees a very important difference between her situation, where personal photos of her behaving badly were made public, and Carrie's pics.

“The fact is Carrie purposely posed nude for these pictures. I did not," she explains. "I was a teenager who accidentally was out having a good time with her girlfriends and was unguarded... I just wonder if Mr. Trump knows what he put me through. What I’ve gone through these past two years. The strong woman that I’ve had to become to fight for myself.“

And rather than just cry over spilled milk, Katie says, "I am speaking with my lawyer right now.”

-----------------------------------------------

It couldn't have anything with Miss Nevada kissing and more a girl could it? The Donald is a homophobe and is pushing Miss Cali into the spotlight?

Why not?

Do you believe these pageants should be shallow affairs where the pretence of any quality of the contestant beyond mere physical beauty is irrelevant?

Not saying they aren't as I describe, but surely such an event should strive to elevate the contestant as a role model for more than just the attractiveness of their body. In which case, why aren't the personal views endorsed by the candidates important?

What you seem to be implying is that we should encourage shallowness.

Ohh deary me, this thread is still going LOL..........by the time it drops off the board, miss CA will be cashing in her pension...and off to run out the clock ijn Florida....maybe even enter the best looking grandmother pageant :w00t:

Ohh deary me, this thread is still going LOL..........by the time it drops off the board, miss CA will be cashing in her pension...and off to run out the clock ijn Florida....maybe even enter the best looking grandmother pageant :w00t:

And it goes on...

Shanna Moakler Resigns as Miss California Pageant Director

The day after Carrie Prejean was told she could keep her Miss California crown, Shanna Moakler has resigned, she confirms to Usmagazine.com exclusively.

"Since the press conference yesterday, I had a chance to think about what has taken place, and I feel that at this time it is in my best interest to resign from the Miss California USA organization," Moakler tells Us.

"I cannot with a clear conscious move forward supporting and promoting the Miss Universe Organization when I no longer believe in it, or the contracts I signed committing myself as a youth," she continues. "I want to be a role model for young women with high hopes of pageantry, but now feel it more important to be a role model for my children. I am sorry and hope I have not let any young supporters down but wish them the best of luck in fulfilling their dreams."

Miss California USA pageant director Keith Lewis told Us in a statement: "Shanna has, and will continue to be, a large part of my life. Although I am sad she has come to this decision, I will always respect the convictions that brought her to this place."

-------------------------------------------------

Good for her :tu:

Why have rules for a contest if you allow people to break them?

I think it's hilarious (in a really sad kind of way) that the guy who is lobbying for tolerance for his life style has acted in the most intolerant way possible, calling a woman a "b****" just because she has a different opinion from his, and the people who supposedly want everyone to get along and want tolerance for everyone applauded these actions and piled on.

I think it's hilarious (in a really sad kind of way) that the guy who is lobbying for tolerance for his life style has acted in the most intolerant way possible, calling a woman a "b****" just because she has a different opinion from his, and the people who supposedly want everyone to get along and want tolerance for everyone applauded these actions and piled on.

I think both of them are behaving like children.

My main issue with it right now is that if she broke the rules, she needs to be replaced.

Didn't Trump take back the crown of Miss Nevada for far less? He's not following his own rules.

Miss Nevada Fired

HN