Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Miss CA in hot water

Sho_Sho

She didn't choose to voice her opinion there she was asked to do so.

When she was asked th question.....she chose to answer it..........I am sure they briefed the contestants before the contest took place to give a heads up what kind of questions will be asked..........so I think she had a fair idea, she would be asked that kind of question

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• __Kratos__

• The Silver Thong

• danielost

When she was asked th question.....she chose to answer it..........I am sure they briefed the contestants before the contest took place to give a heads up what kind of questions will be asked..........so I think she had a fair idea, she would be asked that kind of question

your being a bigot because you disagree with me......

But your tossing this blanket over "gay rights", like they (homosexuals) need an exclusive set of rights and protections, when the reality is that they don't. Our civil rights laws cover rights of people in general pretty well.

Actually, eggumby, they don't. Here's an example:

One woman in this couple I know is a professor at A Prestigious Ivy League School. Her partner had been raped and, as a result, had a son. The couple got together when the kid was 1 yr. old. The relationship was a "take" and they were still together when the kid was choosing a college. One of the perks at the university was that your kids (including adopted kids) got free tuition at the professor's school if those kids qualified academically. Since this was a gay couple they couldn't get married, the kid they'd raised together for 17 years couldn't get the tuition break (a $250,000 rip off).

Gay couples don't benefit from the tax breaks that we hetero couples have. If a gay person dies intestate, the blood relatives have total control of his/her estate and can pretend the gay relationship never existed. Gay couples can't have their partners included in their corporate health insurance. Some places have zoning codes which limit the number of unrelated people who can live together in one household. Hetero couples are related, same sex couples are not related.

The list goes on and on. Gay people get really badly screwed in all sorts of ways because their relationships don't conform to other people's religious standards. That's unjust.

Edited by Siara

your being a bigot because you disagree with me......

What?? lol im not a bigot because I disagee with your posts LOL a bigot is someone that is racist lol

What?? lol im not a bigot because I disagee with your posts LOL a bigot is someone that is racist lol

your calling her a bigot for the same reason.

your calling her a bigot for the same reason.

I have not once called her a bigot LMAO.(the beauty queen contestant in the article).......I read over my posts and nope...I have not suggested she was a bigot

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I have not once called her a bigot LMAO.(the beauty queen contestant in the article).......I read over my posts and nope...I have not suggested she was a bigot

no your right you didn't call her a bigot. You said that since she disagrees with gay marriage she discrimates against gays. That is impling that she is a bigot against gays. Or as you put it anti-gay

Actually, eggumby, they don't. Here's an example:

One woman in this couple I know is a professor at A Prestigious Ivy League School. Her partner had been raped and, as a result, had a son. The couple got together when the kid was 1 yr. old. The relationship was a "take" and they were still together when the kid was choosing a college. One of the perks at the university was that your kids (including adopted kids) got free tuition at the professor's school if those kids qualified academically. Since this was a gay couple they couldn't get married, the kid they'd raised together for 17 years couldn't get the tuition break (a $250,000 rip off).

Gay couples don't benefit from the tax breaks that we hetero couples have. If a gay person dies intestate, the blood relatives have total control of his/her estate and can pretend the gay relationship never existed. Gay couples can't have their partners included in their corporate health insurance. Some places have zoning codes which limit the number of unrelated people who can live together in one household. Hetero couples are related, same sex couples are not related.

The list goes on and on. Gay people get really badly screwed in all sorts of ways because their relationships don't conform to other people's religious standards. That's unjust.

You misunderstand me I think. I know about the above stuff, and that's why I agree the laws need to be changed, but NOT to protect one group, rather to include all people, regardless of this stuff.

no your right you didn't call her a bigot. You said that since she disagrees with gay marriage she discrimates against gays. That is impling that she is a bigot against gays. Or as you put it anti-gay

In a round about way she kinda does. She may not agree with gay marriage and that doesn't nessisarlly mean she's against gays personaly just against gays having the right to marry legally. As I said it is a round about way of discriminating, but hey she has every right to say so and she did. :tu: I say good on her for doing that but if she wanted to win she should have curbed her answer a little.

Edited by The Silver Thong

Main Entry: big·ot

Pronunciation: \ˈbi-gət\

Function: noun

Etymology: French, hypocrite, bigot

Date: 1660

: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices ; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

— big·ot·ed \-gə-təd\ adjective

— big·ot·ed·ly adverb

I asked this once and was ignored. I will ask it again.

If a man says he dislikes blacks(anti-black) but treats them the same as he would whites is he a bigot or is he discriminatory.

Its not implying she is a bigot either.......if anyone says gays dont have a right to get married like the rest of us....that is discriminating agisnt their rights

If a man says he dislikes blacks(anti-black) but treats them the same as he would whites is he a bigot or is he discriminatory.

Nope I don't think so however if he felt that blacks shouldn't be allowed to marry than yes.

Its not implying she is a bigot either.......if anyone says gays dont have a right to get married like the rest of us....that is discriminating agisnt their rights

Ok which rights. biblically they are supposed to be stoned. at least the men are. legally there are no laws for them to get married.

as for civil rights. If a man and a woman live as husband and wife for a certian length of time They are considered married. I guess this could be extended to same sex couples. However men and women in these types of unions don't have any more rights than the same sex couples do. Unless they adopt each other's kids and other such things.

If however if you make it where no one can say no I won't marry them with a consitutional amendment. It wouldn't be long before all church's would be forced to do such marriages. So much for religious rights.

Edited by danielost

If a man says he dislikes blacks(anti-black)

If he says he dislikes them.....then that is a racist remark lol......why would he dislike them??/ <---thats the question lol

but treats them the same as he would whites is he a bigot or is he discriminatory.

He is weird.......for if he dislikes them....then why would he bother with them???

Sounds like a hypocrite and someone that is two faced IMO

If he says he dislikes them.....then that is a racist remark lol......why would he dislike them??/ <---thats the question lol

He is weird.......for if he dislikes them....then why would he bother with them???

Sounds like a hypocrite and someone that is two faced IMO

No not a hypocrite. I am a christian and I am anti-gay but I treat or at least try to treat everyone the same as my brother/sister as a christian should.

Ok which rights. biblically they are supposed to be stoned. at least the men are. legally there are no laws for them to get married.

Gays have civil rights...equal rights.....if anyone tells them, that they dont have a right to get married........<---clearly denying them of the same rights straight people have.. easy to understand IMO

No not a hypocrite. I am a christian and I am anti-gay but I treat or at least try to treat everyone the same as my brother/sister as a christian should.

So gays than should have the same rights as your brother or sister, right ?

Gays have civil rights...equal rights.....if anyone tells them, that they dont have a right to get married........<---clearly denying them of the same rights straight people have.. easy to understand IMO

I see you completely ignored the rest of that post.

He would be a hypocrite

Such a shame that nowadays its a crime to express your honest opinion if that opinion is not a popular or even sensible one.

We run the risk of having a society full of liars......false people who hide their true feelings for the sake of being liked and accepted.

Tis sad.

Talk about it. Gays had to hide in the closet in the U.S. for centuries mostly because the christians always said God does not approve of homosexuality and that it is a shameful sin.

Ok now you are confusing me....on sec you mention another race lol..and when I answer...you turn right back to anti gays......daniel, do you know exactly what you are looking answered LOL????

If you are anti- gay....anti -white...anti - blue...anti- pink....anti- yellow.....anti-BM LMAO..........it dont matter lol..if you are anti <--summed up means you are against them...........and if someone that is so anti this and anti that...... all nice to their faces...then it makes them in my book..it makes them look a little more like a hypocrite <----------not aimed at you daniel...but in all fairness, you did ask me outright lol

:P

If I am ...say...IE - anti-drugs lol.....I am not going to handle them or take anything to do with them period.....the word anti, means against

If I am anti-gay..............I am not going to take anything to do with them..period.........but thankfully I am not anti-gay lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Gays have civil rights...equal rights.....

WRONG.

In most of the USA it's perfectly legal to evict someone from a rental apartment, and so on purely on the grounds of homosexuality. The person thus terminated or evicted has not been the victim of any crime and therefore has no legal remedy available.

In 13 states of the United States it is legally acceptable to fire a transgendered person from a job.

And of course, in 46 states it is 100% illegal for Homosexuals to be married.

And then people in this thread are whining and crying about gays "being everywhere shoving their agenda down people's throats"

I wonder if during the Martin Luther King era the same type of people we see in this thread were saying blacks were shoving their agenda down their throats by boycotting & having sit-ins at diners until they were served.

You people make me absolutely sick. Grow the hell up its 2009 its so pathetic that some people in the supposed "free world" are supporting anti-gay beliefs. And yes, this includes not approving of gay marriage. Ill say it again, its absolutely pathetic.

Edited by Rastaman

oo why do I smell blood in this thread. :unsure2:

:lol: