Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why Bush is the man for the job

nindracula

You should see the love that people here have for Bush. I've never seen anything like it. They shake his hand and hug him with the kind of love on their faces and in their bodies that I have never seen before. It is because of 911. Bush was transformed after that...there was a transformation right before our very eyes. Yes, he was arrogant and still has that trait to his personality, but he has changed.

Babs, not to pick nits.

I am an American.

I saw the same thing in Kennedy, Nixon, Reagan, Bush Sr, Clinton, Gore, Bush Jr.

It is nothing new. People are always looking for a figure to look up to. And in this day and age it's hard to find a good role model.

I don't see the same as you do because I'm a lot more jaded when it comes to politics.

And Bush is not the only arrogant Prez we have had. Johnson, Nixon, Reagan, Clinton all come to mind right now.

I say support who you feel is the best person for the job.

23 and counting

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nindracula

• stillcrazy

• Babs

• Seraphina

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stillcrazy, I just assumed when you responded to Seraphina about not going down that road, it was regarding the Florida fiasco, I mean, that's what I read into it.

And Babs you are correct, what happened in 2000 nearly tore the country apart and hopefully it will not happen again this Nov.

I didn't go all goo goo gah gah when I met Dubya, not like some women did while meeting Kennedy or Clinton.

OMG - "Scary" Kerry is already hiring attorneys to contest this November's election ?!?! That right there ought to raise warning flags about the man. He has no respect for election laws and our constitution, I mean that's how I see it. crying.gif

I was back in the Kennedy generation, too. I still say I have never seen anything like this. We didn't have a 911 back then. (that's what I attribute this to). And, of course, the fact that Bush is keeping us safe. All of his actions since 911 have contributed to this phenomenon. No, this is different, Bush is different from the other presidents and Americans reactions are different, too. It is phenomenal.

I thought Bush was an arrogant SOB before the election... I loved Cheney original.gif but that was back in peace time. I voted for Gore because of certain issues, issues that I thought needed addressing. These issues are not important, in light of war; military is first.

stillcrazy,

I have to say that I love Bush, now. Although, my real preference would have been Cheney if the republican ticket was going to win.

I have to always remember that the president is a figurehead; there are others running the country.

I respect your opinion, too.

Edited by Babs

I think I would be more inclined to vote for Cheney than Bush, but that flavor of Ice cream is not being offered at this time.

I have avoided this topic for a while because I was getting too upset by it. I just wish that the pro-war folks would address some of the things I said in my last post (somewhere near the middle of page four). I mean something besides saying I am "obsessed" with the cocaine issue - I mean, come on, someone asked about the basis of "coke-snorting" jokes and I gave it to them. Stop insulting me and answer the REAL issues I addressed.

Permakid you are a voice of reason. Why is there not more of you in america?

I sincerely appreciate that compliment. Thankfully, there are a lot of people in the U.S. who share my political and philosophical views, but I agree that there could always be more. I'm actually thinking of joining an organization that, so far in my research, seems to support just the kind of policies that I believe could help change the dangerous course this country is on. I need to do some more research first, though. Here's a link to their site just in case you're interested in having a look at how some people in my country are trying to make this world a better place.

California Peace Action

They are my state's affiliate of National Peace Action. Though their membership represents only a tiny percentage of the entire population, it's a start.

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

-Lao-tzu

Edited by Permakid

stillcrazy...I remember Cheney running for president, but stepped out; vice presidency will work. grin2.gif

Stop insulting me and answer the REAL issues I addressed.

I agree that insults get nowhere and only serve to anger people. Insulting is something you do when you get desperate. I don't think you are "naive" for bringing up the fact that Bush evaded questions concerning previos cocaine use in his life.

I have addressed the issue as much as I can. I moved on from it because there wan't much else I could say. You are right, he may have avoided the questions. And, though no one will ever know for sure, he may have even tried it years ago. Bush was not the man he always was. He used to drink and if this is true even tried other things. But you know, I don't condemn him for trying something years ago. In fact, I'll stop here because I have already explained my reasoning in better detail in a previous post.

I checked your California Peace Action link, and it seems they want to get rid of America's weapons. Don't we need to defend ourselves? They say our new nuclear weapons will cause an arms race, but I think if we got rid of them, it may embolden some rogue nations to build their arms. They would think, "Hey! We have a chance against America now that she is disarming!"

maybe you feel safe whit all these WMD USA have (not only nuclear, but the chem and bio too), but i dont feel secure when a turd how belives to be the choseen of good had the power to make the wolrd in a radioactive scrapyard.

*think in bush and the power to use WMD*

Brrr......(cold feling in the spine)

Edited by Magikman

wunarmdscissors says:

Permakid you are a voice of reason. Why is there not more of you in america?

...coming from the true voice of reason, himself. laugh.gif

I have to agree with Nxt2Hvn, you are pretty idealistic, Permakid.

maybe you feel safe whit all these WMD USA have (not only nuclear, but the chem and bio too), but i dont feel secure when a turd how belives to be the choseen of good had the power to make the wolrd in a radioactive scrapyard.

*think in bush and the power to use WMD*

I trust Bush and believe he is a good man. America may have the power to turn the world into a "radioactive scrapyard", but if we didn't have that power, some other country would. Some other country would take the chance to be on top like America is. The difference is, that country might actually WANT to start a nuclear war.

...well said, nindracula thumbsup.gif

well, for the moment USA is the only know countrie to make nuclear attacks on another, and support a country how has nuclear weapons an not attent the international regulations in it. It a very good thing to dont let terrorist groups or reactionaries countries to have WMD, but these type of weapons can stay under the power of one country...they are too dungerous, and some liders are too fanatic, or too stupid to have them.....(the last part apllied to the side you depise most)

well, for the moment USA is the only know countrie to make nuclear attacks on another, and support a country how has nuclear weapons an not attent the international regulations in it.

When did the U.S. ever use a nuclear weapon against anyone?

We bombed two cities in Japan at the end of WWII to prevent a ground war that could have cost millions of lives.

We haven't use any since.

But anyway, back to Bush... He rocks original.gif

Edited by nindracula

We bombed two cities in Japan at the end of WWII to prevent a ground war that could have cost millions of lives.

We haven't use any since.

But anyway, back to Bush... He rocks original.gif

Those were atomic bombs dropped on Nagasaki and Hiroshima. There is a big difference in the two types.

Atomic bombs do not have the radioactive fallout of a nuclear device.

Anyway back on thread topic, Bush right now is the lesser of two evils, IMO

I do not agree with Bush, and alot of America dislikes him as well, they seek salvation with John Kerry. Take note this is just my opinion, I do not mean it to be offensive in any manner, just my thoughts:I beleive Bush can lead our country in a good manner, but not be as good as a President as some want. John Kerry, I jokingly view as the Anti-Christ. People think he will be good, but how do they know he will not be worse than Bush, and start WWIII. I think John Kerry is a lair, and has evil schemes like in the ad stating he had plans to assassinate a senator because he/she disagreed, making him look like Saddam or Hitler. President Bush is a well educated man, and even though he is not the best man for our country, he is better than the rest of his opponents.

I have addressed the issue as much as I can. I moved on from it because there wan't much else I could say. You are right, he may have avoided the questions. And, though no one will ever know for sure, he may have even tried it years ago. Bush was not the man he always was. He used to drink and if this is true even tried other things. But you know, I don't condemn him for trying something years ago. In fact, I'll stop here because I have already explained my reasoning in better detail in a previous post.

Umm, thanks for sharing your thoughts, but I think you misunderstood me. I don't care about this subject! I was just explaining why I thought the cocaine jokes were funny. I want information on REAL issues besides the war: education, heath care, the environment, civil liberties, the economy, etc.

I have to agree with Nxt2Hvn, you are pretty idealistic, Permakid.

If that was meant as an insult, it's not insulting to me at all. I can think of plenty of "idealists" who were catalysts for incredible positive changes: Ghandi, Mother Theresa, and Martin Luther King Jr. just to name a few (and I'm not trying to compare my greatness any of them - just making a point). I don't mind having unpopular opinions so long as they coincide with my values, morals, and ideas.

I'm almost ready to give up on this thread. I wanted to learn why people support Bush and I guess I gained a little insight - war is the only thing that matters to the Bush-supporters who post here. I've asked several times for information on other issues, but war is the only issue that anyone discusses. I sincerely hope that most Bushies take a broader view of politics. Somehow I doubt it. sad.gif

Permakid, I understand your frustration. It seems that the only topic you can discuss about Bush, is the war in Iraq. It maybe because the other areas are in dire straits. The economy, while slowly making a comeback, is not as robust as it should or could be. Reason, 9/11? To a very small extent. A good deal is due to many major corporations moving jobs and operations overseas. Higher number of bankruptcy filed in the last few years. Unfunded mandates for schools, welfare, and medical programs. Higher fuel cost causing companies to raise rates and prices. The cost of living has increased, while wages have made very small gains.

I have stated it before, to me, in MY opinion, Bush is the lesser of two evils.

War always seems a good way of avoiding issues at home. What seems to matter more to hard core Bush supporters is that we need to win Iraq at all cost, everything else takes a back seat to the war on terrorism. I hate to be the one to break this to ya, but no-one, Not Bush, Cheney, Kerry or Kermit the frog can tell you there will never be another 9/11 on American soil. As long as we are a free country, there is no way it can be done.

Edited by stillcrazy

I can't believe that you think a president can do it all. No one can do it all. I have a hunch Bush is doing the best he can on these issues, but he is concentrating on the war. "Ya want to stay alive don't ya?"

And, Permakid, it wasn't meant as an insult, unless, you think being idealistic is insulting. I am curious, now. Do you see yourself as idealistic?

So let me understand this....you think it's a good idea to concentrate all efforts of an expensive war oversees, costing lives and resources, that the US started, and ignore the floundering issues at home...you know...little things, like employment, the ecomeny, and public health? huh.gif

I didn't say all efforts, I said concentrate.

you think it's a good idea to concentrate all efforts of an expensive war oversees, costing lives and resources, that the US started

The US was attacked. We did not start the war. We just took the war to them.

I can't believe that you think a president can do it all. No one can do it all. I have a hunch Bush is doing the best he can on these issues, but he is concentrating on the war. "Ya want to stay alive don't ya?"

There seems to be an agreement among people in these forums that Bush is horrible at domestic issues, though the war is more important. I would counter that Bush isn't nearly as bad as some people think on issues besides the war.

I want information on REAL issues besides the war: education, heath care, the environment, civil liberties, the economy, etc.

I think that we have spent alot of time on the war, which is necessary because it's so important. But due to your request Permakid, I'll move on to the domestic issues.

Education: http://www.whitehouse.gov/infocus/education/

Economy: http://www.whitehouse.gov/infocus/economy/index.html

Environment: http://www.whitehouse.gov/infocus/environment/

Health Care: http://www.whitehouse.gov/infocus/healthca...care/index.html

Civil Liberties: Well, the only thing I can think of about civil liberties and Bush is his endorsement of the Patriot Act, and I have given a link that dispelled myths about it.

Yes, these are all whitehouse.gov links. But I hope it at least shows that he is not just ignoring these issues. There are real reasons behind his tax cuts and other actions, not just political ones.

Here are some non-government links to the issues:

Environment: http://www.perc.org/publications/news/repo...execsum.php?s=2

(They give him a C- on environmental issues)

Economy: http://www.clubforgrowth.org/news/defend-bush.php

Health Care: http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/01/28/....healthcare.ap/

I'm not using these links as proof that Bush is perfect and has the answers to all the domestic issues, but I wanted to at least put something out there that shows Bush is by no means ignoring domestic issues, and there are plenty of people who believe his solutions will work. I think the domestic issue that Bush has handled the best is the economy. Even with a recession and 9/11 happening, the economy is shaping up. I say keep the tax cuts permanent!

Edited by nindracula

I think that we have spent alot of time on the war, which is necessary because it's so important. But due to your request Permakid, I'll move on to the domestic issues.

Thank you, nindracula, for making an effort to address those issues. I read through all of your links and have a lot of things swimming in my head right now. I'll comment later when I have more time. Right now, I have a Sunday afternoon to enjoy! I just wanted to say "thanks".