Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
curious380

"Gut Feelings"/ Intuition? Help

curious380

I'm new to the site and I was wondering if anyone else had similar experiences. More specifically, I would like some insight into whether I actually have a gift that I don't understand or if I am just experiencing coincidences.

Occasionally, I get these gut feelings about certain things. Nothing major; usually just small things like a I may call a friend, and they'll say "that's weird, I was just calling you/thinking about you" or when sometimes when I am driving on the highway, I get an urge to slow down just in case b/c I don't want to get a ticket and less than 5 minutes later I'll pass a hidden state trooper. Or I'll read a magazine article with and odd name such as Kenji one day and within a couple of days I'll meet a Kenji. I sometimes also think of people I haven't seen or talk to in a while and the next day either get a phone call from them or a visit, or just even hear big news of them.

Uggghhh, it sounds so stupid on paper. If it were one or two little things, I wouldn't think much of it, but it' just a lot of small things all the time and a few bigger things once in a while.

Two examples of bigger coincidences:

1) A few years back, I was driving on the highway and unfortunately I always drive close behind cars. However, for some reason I suddenly had a brief thought in my head of the car short-stopping in front of me and I got the urge to back off of the car. Next thing I knew, the car short-stopped and even with me backing off and slowing down I still swerved off to the side a little to avoid the car. Had I still been tailgating, I would have surely hit the car and to this day I still think its so weird how I randomly KNEW that car would pound on his brakes.

2) My sister was off to collge and asked me if I could transfer money into her account to go out and party. I just had a weird gut feeling and specifically made it a point to tell her to make sure she doesn't drive after drinking. Then I get woken up at 4 am by my other sister who said my younger sister was in trouble. Not only did my sister get in trouble for DUI that night but when I was woken up from my sleep, it was almost like i knew she was in trouble for drinking and driving before I even found out what happened.

I have tried researching the web, but the closest I found to describe my gut feelings was clarsencience, but I definitly do not "feel" other peoples emotions. I don't have premonitions and I have never seen ghosts/spirits (at least i don't think i have). I just get a "feeling" that something may happen but I never know what it is. But doesn't every one have gut feelings? Is it to this extent and frqeucny?

PS-Sorry for the long post. Just trying to exlpain my self as best as possible

Quileute_Legend

This is common in everybody, some have it in small portion and doesnt happen everytime whereas some have it in a large proportions. Our body has three levels of energy named Satwa, Rajas And Tamas. What ever actions we do in our life, its all connected with these energies. We are not aware of them but it rules our day to day activities, from our mood swings to getting angry On & On...

Rajas=passion, The feelings of Injuring others, beauty, toil, pleasure and pain, cold and heat, lordship (or power), war, peace, arguments, dissatisfaction, endurance, might, valour, pride, wrath, exertion, quarrel, jealousy, desire, malice, battle, the sense of meum or mineness, protection of others, slaughter, bonds, and affliction, buying and selling, lopping off, cutting, piercing and cutting off the coat of mail that another has worn, fierceness, cruelty, vilifying, pointing out the faults of others, thoughts entirely devoted to worldly affairs, anxiety, animosity, reviling of others, false speech, false or vain gifts, hesitancy or doubts, boastfulness of speech, praise and criticisms, laudation, prowess, defiance, attendance (as on the weak and the sick), obedience (to the commands of preceptors and parents), service or ministrations, harbouring of thirst or desire, cleverness or dexterity of conduct, policy heedlessness, contumely, possessions, and diverse decorations that prevail in the world among men, women, animals, inanimate things, houses, grief, incredulousness, vows and regulations, actions with expectation (of good result), diverse acts of public charity, the rites in respect of Swaha salutations, rites of Swadha and Vashat, officiating at the sacrifices of others, imparting of instruction, performance of sacrifices, study, making of gifts, acceptance of gifts, rites of expiation, auspicious acts, the wish to have this and that, affection generated by the merits of the object for which or whom it is felt, treachery, deception, disrespect and respect, theft, killing, desire of concealment, vexation, wakefulness, ostentation, haughtiness, attachment, devotion, contentment, exultation, gambling, indulgence in scandal, all relations arising out of women, attachment to dancing, instrumental music and songs – all these qualities have been said to belong to the quality of Passion (Rajas).

Tamas=darkness, The feelings of Complete delusion, ignorance, illiberality, indecision in respect of action, sleep, haughtiness, fear, cupidity, grief, censure of good acts, loss of memory, unripeness of judgment, absence of faith, violation of all rules of conduct, want of discrimination, blindness, vileness of behaviour, boastful assertions of performance when there has been no performance, presumption of knowledge in ignorance, unfriendliness (or hostility), evilness of disposition, absence of faith, stupid reasoning, crookedness, incapacity for association, sinful action, senselessness, stolidity, lassitude, absence of self-control, degradation, - all these qualities are known as belonging to Darkness (Tamas).

Satwa=Goodness The feelings of Joy, satisfaction, nobility, enlightenment, and happiness, absence of stinginess, absence of fear, contentment, disposition for faith, forgiveness, courage, abstention from injuring any creature, equability, truth, straightforwardness, absence of wrath, absence of malice, purity, cleverness, prowess- these appertain to the quality of Goodness (Sattwa).

These qualities are incapable of being declared as completely separate from one another. Passion, and Goodness and Darkness are seen existing in a state of union. They are attached to one another. They depend on one another. They have one another for their refuge. They likewise follow one another. As long as Goodness exists, so long does Passion exist. There is no doubt in this. As long as Darkness and Goodness exist, so long does Passion exist. They make their journey together in union, and moving collectively. They, verily, move in body, when they act with cause or without cause.

For information you can visit my blog- http://perception4life.wordpress.com

Edited by Quileute_Legend

John from Lowell
I have tried researching the web, but the closest I found to describe my gut feelings was clarsencience, but I definitly do not "feel" other peoples emotions. I don't have premonitions and I have never seen ghosts/spirits (at least i don't think i have). I just get a "feeling" that something may happen but I never know what it is. But doesn't every one have gut feelings? Is it to this extent and frqeucny?

Hello and welcome to UM.

It is my understand that we are all telepathic. We connect with potential events and people we know in a number of different ways. I guess I have a broad view of telepathy because the other various words we use to describe the events like the ones you mentioned can be called clarsencience.

Those who follow their intuition have learned to trust their feelings. The concepts as to how those feelings reach your conscious awareness is quite another matter. So yes we all have, or can have, gut feelings. Most of our culture will surpress these feelings in favor of logical thought constructs. The more you surpress your feelings, the less aware you will become of them.

At my web site on telepathy, I encourage a view of the human animal as an energy being of great potentials. May I ask how do you wish to see yourself and expand upon your skills?

John

Edited by John A Spera

WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT
I'm new to the site and I was wondering if anyone else had similar experiences. More specifically, I would like some insight into whether I actually have a gift that I don't understand or if I am just experiencing coincidences.

Occasionally, I get these gut feelings about certain things. Nothing major; usually just small things like a I may call a friend, and they'll say "that's weird, I was just calling you/thinking about you" or when sometimes when I am driving on the highway, I get an urge to slow down just in case b/c I don't want to get a ticket and less than 5 minutes later I'll pass a hidden state trooper. Or I'll read a magazine article with and odd name such as Kenji one day and within a couple of days I'll meet a Kenji. I sometimes also think of people I haven't seen or talk to in a while and the next day either get a phone call from them or a visit, or just even hear big news of them.

Uggghhh, it sounds so stupid on paper. If it were one or two little things, I wouldn't think much of it, but it' just a lot of small things all the time and a few bigger things once in a while.

Two examples of bigger coincidences:

1) A few years back, I was driving on the highway and unfortunately I always drive close behind cars. However, for some reason I suddenly had a brief thought in my head of the car short-stopping in front of me and I got the urge to back off of the car. Next thing I knew, the car short-stopped and even with me backing off and slowing down I still swerved off to the side a little to avoid the car. Had I still been tailgating, I would have surely hit the car and to this day I still think its so weird how I randomly KNEW that car would pound on his brakes.

2) My sister was off to collge and asked me if I could transfer money into her account to go out and party. I just had a weird gut feeling and specifically made it a point to tell her to make sure she doesn't drive after drinking. Then I get woken up at 4 am by my other sister who said my younger sister was in trouble. Not only did my sister get in trouble for DUI that night but when I was woken up from my sleep, it was almost like i knew she was in trouble for drinking and driving before I even found out what happened.

PS-Sorry for the long post. Just trying to exlpain my self as best as possible

there is a book by Lynn Robinson called "Divine Intuition"... Read the book.

What you are describing is what I also have...Heightened Intuition as well as some other things cooking... but that sums it up.

Tell me.... To what do you attribute the source of this gift? And when did you notice it begining to manifest as an ability?

Pay attention to yourself, and dont second guess your feelings. Place the ego aside and go with your thoughts..right or wrong, go with them. Its the only way to learn and expand. To know when your right, as well as when your wrong. This will help you discern yourself and what comes to you, and help you grow.

Edited by WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

Here's Amazon's Description for you for a quick look....

Amazon.com's Best of 2001

It's hard to imagine a more elegant or spiritually sound book on developing intuition than Divine Intuition. Using full-color graphics, heavy-stock paper, and sophisticated type, Lynn Robinson has created a fitting tribute to the divine connection between inner guidance and the voice of God. "Every person has a unique sense of the meaning of the word 'God,'" writes Robinson (The Complete Idiot's Guide to Being Psychic). "To me, the concept of God means an invisible intelligence that animates our world and provides wisdom and love to guide our lives." Regardless of how you imagine or know God, intuition is its voice, she explains.

Although the book works best as a primer, it can also be enjoyed a refresher course. Robinson gently walks readers through intuitive training. "Just for today," she begins, pay attention to your daydreams--the images that come to you, the longings that you imagine can "inform you about your life purpose." In the next chapter, she helps readers explore the act of intuitive decision making: when faced with two options, she show readers how to listen for the answer that gives a sense of peace and calm. "Your body provides a wealth of guidance and feedback to you," says Robinson. Each chapter offers a manageable means to hone the art of intuitive listening--the ability to hear and interpret "the still, small voice of God."

Book Description

Would you like to have an unwavering and reliable source of wisdom to guide your life? An inner resource that gives you unfailing direction towards your hopes and dreams? Instructions to create greater peace and harmony in your life? In Divine Intuition, intuitive consultant Lynn A. Robinson demonstrates that this wisdom does exist--it comes through the whispers of your soul via your intuition. Intuition is part of your birthright, your instructions from a Higher Power, or whatever you choose to call God. You are constantly surrounded, filled, and informed by its wisdom, although you may not know how to access it. Divine intuition is beautifully illustrated to help you tap into the myriad ways you can receive this invaluable insight and develop it for practical use in everyday life. Use this wonderful guide to discover and achieve your life goals. Begin now to make your dreams come alive.

Virtual Particle

Understanding yourself can be a very personal experience. Just by looking at several of the ancient methodologies one could conclude that it may not just be a matter of the isolation, it is the introspection which is what must be sincere. There are many ways to understand a thing but when at the core there is more than just a mirror then it is not a thing. Clearly I am fond of the idea that matter is divisible to a point in which ultimately it has no mass. Irrespective of that, matter presents a curious set of parameters which are a well established aspect of modern science.

There are some really good books out there and they are very important but there is I feel more beyond the words.

Any thoughts?

WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT
There are some really good books out there and they are very important but there is I feel more beyond the words.

Any thoughts?

Amen brother!!!

curious380
there is a book by Lynn Robinson called "Divine Intuition"... Read the book.

What you are describing is what I also have...Heightened Intuition as well as some other things cooking... but that sums it up.

Tell me.... To what do you attribute the source of this gift? And when did you notice it begining to manifest as an ability?

Pay attention to yourself, and dont second guess your feelings. Place the ego aside and go with your thoughts..right or wrong, go with them. Its the only way to learn and expand. To know when your right, as well as when your wrong. This will help you discern yourself and what comes to you, and help you grow.

I don't really know when I began to think it was odd. I like paranormal things, so I have always known about psychics, etc. I always joked to my friends that I had ESP but I know that I don't qualify for anything to that extent because like I said, I don't talk to/see spirits nor do I have precognitions or futuristic dreams but I think deep down inside I just feel that my life either has way too many coincidences or there is something else going on. Its hard to describe, but I think your right, it is some sort o heightened intuition thing and I don't know yet how to really listen to my cues/enhance it at this point.

She-ra

I think everyone has gut feelings and intuitive instances. I think they happen moreso when you are connected with someone, for example your sister.

Also, just KNOWING someone, you can subconsiously "predict" certain things... like your sister going to a party and you worrying about drinking and driving.

I would have to say some experience gut feelings and intuitive instances becoming real when they are more aware. I think it is basically a mixture of understanding the next "point" or logical "step", having had similar experiences or been familiar with similar situations and just good old common sense.

Perception plays a big part too :) Hope this helps somewhat and of course this is just my opinion.

curious380
I think everyone has gut feelings and intuitive instances. I think they happen moreso when you are connected with someone, for example your sister.

Also, just KNOWING someone, you can subconsiously "predict" certain things... like your sister going to a party and you worrying about drinking and driving.

I would have to say some experience gut feelings and intuitive instances becoming real when they are more aware. I think it is basically a mixture of understanding the next "point" or logical "step", having had similar experiences or been familiar with similar situations and just good old common sense.

Perception plays a big part too :) Hope this helps somewhat and of course this is just my opinion.

Yes I agree. I think there's a very fine line between determining the difference between coincidence, "self-fulfilling prophecies" and something that may perhaps be psychic-like. And the fact that my experiences seem to be safety-related (preventing/worrying that something bad is about to happen), is why im torn and figure i might just be a really cautious/anxious person that seems to predict the worse and it just so happening to coming true. And the subconscious mind is very sophisticated. That's why I wanted input from others that have seen or experienced similar things.

Virtual Particle
altered state of consciousness (ASC)

Etymology: L, alter, other

any state of awareness that differs from the normal awareness of a conscious person. Altered states of consciousness have been achieved, especially in Eastern cultures, by many individuals using various techniques, such as prolonged fasting, deep breathing, whirling, and chanting. Researchers now recognize that such practices can affect body chemistry and help induce the desired state. Experiments suggest that telepathy, mystical experiences, clairvoyance, and other altered states of consciousness may be subconscious capabilities in most individuals and can be used to improve health and help fight disease.

Mosby's Medical Dictionary, 8th edition. © 2009, Elsevier.

Altered States of Consciousness

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Altered states of consciousness generally include alterations in both the content and functioning of the consciousness, usually experienced by an individual and observed by others watching him. The term "state" is not to be trivialized but denotes the states or stages of behavior through which the individual progresses. Frequently persons in these states appear to be in a sleeplike condition commonly referred to as a trance.

Among the long term effects are the radical shifts in the perception in one's self and environment that result in a semi-permanent redefinition of one's self, world, and values. Frequently altered states of consciousness either are induced personally or by others which may or may not produce lasting effects. Some religious groups do seek to induce such altered states in persons so they may derive spiritual insight and value changes from them. The most dramatic examples of these states are mystical experiences.

Rest of Link

Being able to anticipate things and perhaps understand more than that, about such things, is more like discussing tools.

Any thoughts?

John from Lowell
I don't really know when I began to think it was odd. I like paranormal things, so I have always known about psychics, etc. I always joked to my friends that I had ESP but I know that I don't qualify for anything to that extent because like I said, I don't talk to/see spirits nor do I have precognitions or futuristic dreams but I think deep down inside I just feel that my life either has way too many coincidences or there is something else going on. Its hard to describe, but I think your right, it is some sort o heightened intuition thing and I don't know yet how to really listen to my cues/enhance it at this point.

I would vote for "something else is going on".

I do not believe in coincidences and when there are too many of them, well I would consider it a message of importance.

John

Nik Xues

Intuition is born from analytical skills. However the mind works faster than the monkey at the helm. So we receive some answers before we are aware of the question.

You were taught to see patterns right. You listen/sing to music. These are all things that build your hidden skill.

However the knack for finding patterns does have a downside. You can go crazy if you start reading too much into it.

WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT
Intuition is born from analytical skills. However the mind works faster than the monkey at the helm. So we receive some answers before we are aware of the question.

You were taught to see patterns right. You listen/sing to music. These are all things that build your hidden skill.

However the knack for finding patterns does have a downside. You can go crazy if you start reading too much into it.

Intuition is your gut or inner vioce talking.... its natural, and it comes on its own without emotion.

Intuition is not from analytical skills.... it is the anaylzing that gets us in trouble and fogs our thoughts, because at that point you then interjecting emotion, and allowing it to change what naturally comes.

However analyzing is a needed aspect in other aspects of psychic goings on. Knowing when to rely on it is the key...

blessings all.....

Blink4567

Best thing is go with it! Be smart and use just as you have.

SammieNis

<!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->This is common in everybody, some have it in small portion and doesnt happen everytime whereas some have it in a large proportions. Our body has three levels of energy named Satwa, Rajas And Tamas. What ever actions we do in our life, its all connected with these energies. We are not aware of them but it rules our day to day activities, from our mood swings to getting angry On & On...

Rajas=passion, The feelings of Injuring others, beauty, toil, pleasure and pain, cold and heat, lordship (or power), war, peace, arguments, dissatisfaction, endurance, might, valour, pride, wrath, exertion, quarrel, jealousy, desire, malice, battle, the sense of meum or mineness, protection of others, slaughter, bonds, and affliction, buying and selling, lopping off, cutting, piercing and cutting off the coat of mail that another has worn,,,ect

<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

So this caught my eye. I myself have had some strange personal experiences. I came here looking for one thing about picking up on stuff, but found this.

I was so adamant to share this that i made an account just to post.

One thing I'd like to warn people about is to never use a Ouija board. The second and last time I ever used it was when

something disturbing happened. A group of friends and I have all had our mistakes in the past. Some the very far past.

Two girls (who were not aware of such things because it was before their time with us were using it as the three of us

watched. It all started off innocent and silly enough but it didn't go too well. Apparently some kind of energy was really

trying to get messages across. One of which was something I wasn't proud of that I had done many years ago. It was basically

spelling it out, and quite persistently. It spoke of being honest and respect. It also hinted at two other situations aimed at

my friends. (one involved revealing a cheating boyfriend) Needless to say it was eerie, while making us feel like jerks.

Anyways, it identified itself as rajas - which at the time I figured it meant king or something, but that didn't really make

much sense. this energy definition of rajas just seemed to shed light on the whole thing, especially considering it was all

related under passion, as if it WHERE trying to protect others feelings and such.

If you'd like further explanation feel free to message. I hope this was an intriguing revelation - even if it's just my theory on

the situation.

Mentalcase

So this caught my eye. I myself have had some strange personal experiences. I came here looking for one thing about picking up on stuff, but found this.

I was so adamant to share this that i made an account just to post.

One thing I'd like to warn people about is to never use a Ouija board. The second and last time I ever used it was when

something disturbing happened. A group of friends and I have all had our mistakes in the past. Some the very far past.

Two girls (who were not aware of such things because it was before their time with us were using it as the three of us

watched. It all started off innocent and silly enough but it didn't go too well. Apparently some kind of energy was really

trying to get messages across. One of which was something I wasn't proud of that I had done many years ago. It was basically

spelling it out, and quite persistently. It spoke of being honest and respect. It also hinted at two other situations aimed at

my friends. (one involved revealing a cheating boyfriend) Needless to say it was eerie, while making us feel like jerks.

Anyways, it identified itself as rajas - which at the time I figured it meant king or something, but that didn't really make

much sense. this energy definition of rajas just seemed to shed light on the whole thing, especially considering it was all

related under passion, as if it WHERE trying to protect others feelings and such.

If you'd like further explanation feel free to message. I hope this was an intriguing revelation - even if it's just my theory on

the situation.

I found this necro-post interesting! Please describe your experience. I have had some very odd Ouija experiences. I also tell people not to use them. They are seriously bad mojo!!

I find it strange that out of all the Ouija videos I've seen, not one of them seem like undeniable proof.

I wish I had a camcorder at the time and recorded what I had seen. Flickering lights, consistent knocking (doors, windows, walls), wind picking up. That's just the basic stuff I witnessed. The "spirit" would also tell us when the door or windows were to be knocked on. I had also asked a certain spirit to "mess with the lights" and sure as hell, it did.

I don't believe in extreme coincidences. Especially, the time when the spirit told us it was named Christy and she was going to knock on the door. A few seconds later, the door was being knocked on. The girl I was with held on to me for comfort. We answered the door and it was the neighbor's sister. Her name was Christy. She was house watching and needed to borrow something (forget what it was). To make things even stranger, the girl I was doing the Ouija with, was named Christy. She claimed to have "witch-like" powers. At the time I dismissed it ,like she was crazy or attention seeking.

There could have been no way to stage this event. No possible way at all. It was all random. Including the fact that we found a Ouija in my roommate's closet (Christy had never been there before, actually, I just met her two days prior). We just pulled it out on a whim. I will never forget how evil some of the spirits were. I'm usually pretty skeptical on all things paranormal. This however, changed my life. I'm actually glad it happened, it shed some light on the after-life or opened my mind to the possibility of telekinesis or subconscious TK.

Since that night, I have thought that maybe she really was a witch. She was unsure of her powers or so she had said. She said, she just felt like a witch. I have researched the topic pretty thoroughly, perhaps her subconscious did all these things?

Weirdnesss.

If I can find my original post about my experience I will share it. It happened a little over ten years ago. I think UM was on a different engine/domain then. I'm not sure if Saru has those old postings archived anywhere. I'll try.

BTW, I realize the topic change. I'm still very interested about this Raja spirit.

MC :unsure2: