Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Blair Witch Project

legend tripper

Agreed, I never got what people saw in it.

I first heard of it from a roommate,who said he had been told about it and that it was real. He showed me the website,which was actually very interesting. I read through the site,and was intrigued by the story it wove. But,since I'm always up for a good mystery,I decided to look for more info. The next site I went to showed me that the whole thing was nothing more than an independant film which had already been shown at the Cannes Film Festival,where it apparently had garnered some good reviews. I decided to go ahead and watch the film to see if it was as good or better than the website. The movie turned out to be so lame that I was kicking myself for wasting the time to see it. After that,I never bothered to watch the sequel.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wolf MacCanine

• Moon Minion

• DarkNova@

• Zirna

Ah, the Blair Witch Project. Another 'scary' film I watched as a small child. Didn't like it; not because it was scary, because it was crap. Apparently when I was watching it, I turned to my Dad and said 'They don't have very good cameras, do they? They should get proper ones.'

I actually liked the movie, it's creepy but not really scary.

Edited by Kissmet31

I haven't seen the movie in years. When I first saw it, I thought it was real. One scene that still creeps me out is when the ghost children attack their tent.

• 1 month later...
One scene that still creeps me out is when the ghost children attack their tent.

I agree about this part, it completely freaked me out! I really enjoyed the film as a whole, it did an excellent job building the atmosphere and suspense. I was watching the film in bed and I had the covers right up under my eyes when the tent banging thing happened.

I haven't seen the movie in years. When I first saw it, I thought it was real. One scene that still creeps me out is when the ghost children attack their tent.

Yeah, that's probably the only scary part in the entire movie. If anyone has ever heard of the old sitcom Malcom and Eddie, they did a spoof episode of the movie which was actually pretty scary. But I don't know if that show is on tv anywhere or even on DVD though.

Edited by kurethmu

I thought the movie was ammusing. But they were sued for it, if you read the sub-title you can see that they actually listed their lawyers names in it.

That movie was hilarious.

When the guy was urinating in the corner.

xD

It wasn't bad, but you couldn't see anything. You couldn't see what they were reacting to at all and I personally like my horror movies that have something I can see in it.

As far as the sequel go I believe it was a highly disguised anti-drug flick.

The reason why is because I believe everything they saw was because of being on drugs. They were pretty high on pot at the very least, so I personally believe that they either took something else to go with it or the pot was laced with something stronger, which is what happens sometimes when people buy pot. That's just one of the risks people take.

Didn't really expect this to be a topic of interest in all honesty. I had gone and seen the movie in the theater, I found it to be entertaining. I never at any given time was frightened by the flick but I did enjoy the creepy atmosphere. For what was spent on the movie I thought it was a good low budget flick.

I was fine in the movie until the end with all the kids' handprints on the wall and that guy was standing in the corner. Then I came unraveled a bit.

Should have been called "Annoying People (with no skills whatsoever) Lost in the Woods".

I was fine in the movie until the end with all the kids' handprints on the wall and that guy was standing in the corner. Then I came unraveled a bit.

That scene was a little unnerving I would have to agree.

The movie was Ok, I agree that the last 5 minutes made the thing worth watching. What was good about it was it was one of the first films to use the internet to develop interest and create its own hype. It really promoted the myth and history (although fake) to lead people on. The film however is not original in the least. It is a complete take on a slightly earlier 'moc' documentary called 'The Final Broadcast', which is far better. If I remember correctly the film focusses on the Jersey Devil. Anyway, I would recomend that people check it out!

• 2 weeks later...
hey,

did anyone watched the movie "The Blair Witch Project"(1999)???

It is supposed to be the real footage of three frens, Heather,Mike and Jose who were making a documentary of a local legend involving the witch.

while filming this .........they were lost in the jungle........amd their cameras were found a year later and made into a movie.

I am quite sure that many of you might have watched it since its a nearly 10 year old movie but I just watched the movie just last night.........and I swear there was nothing frightening about the movie but I simply could not sleep all night......just remembering their panics gave me nightmares.......I waited for the morning light and then fell asleep in the morning.

This movie annoyed me...there is nothing worse than siiting back and watching foolish people, I really don't know how people can get lost in the forrest, bush or jungle for that matter seems silly to me...just like this other movie I watched on a true event where a group of friends on a sail boat died in the water cause they couldn't get back in the boat complete idiocy. The whole time watching your going "why don't you do that" "why don't you go there" "why don't you follow the god damn stream".....Kids these days.

Yeah, but it woulda been a rubbish film if the plot had consisted of "3 kids get slightly lost in the woods, and use their common sense to follow a stream back to civilisation"

The Ending really creeped me out..... one of the best endings, second to [Rec]

omg this show gave me such hell! lol i enjoyed it and agree that the ending was a great one. The reason it gave me such hell was because my name actually is Blair...yea...that sucked

Hehe.....I never actually saw this movie, but I'm pretty sure it's not 100% real. It is a movie after all.

Anyways, I was thinking of renting this one sometime. Would it even be worth my time?

It should be seen at least once.

I agree, it is worth seeing at least once.

Well, with a title like "The Blair Witch Project" I couldn't help myself! :lol:

It's a good film, I've seen it goodness knows how many times and I still find it unsettling. I refuse to watch the sequel because I like it so much. A sequel could only be rubbishy and less original.