Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Glenn Dale Hospital

Princess Serenity

Glenn Dale Hospital is a former TB hospital here in Maryland. I've been interested it in since I first heard it. (I don't remember when.) But they say that it's haunted (as all TB hospitals are) by its former patients. But this hospital is different. They say a pack of "black dogs" haunt the grounds. One police officer was hurt by them. I heard a story about a guy who hidden himself in the closet while his family was being killed. He was placed in the hospital, one day he was very upset or whatever, apparently he overdosed himself on pills. When he broke into the medicine lab. Also they say the smoke stack has flames appearing out of it.

In my "Weird Maryland" book. They had a story about the hospital. In one of the little stories, a guy said his brother said they couldn't tear it down. Due to the TB still inside.

I was watching TAPS Wednesday. And my friend Robin said that she went inside the hospital. She felt something touch her back. She said that there's still bodies in the morgue!

I went to the hospital to take pictures and I've never seen it before. (Some of them have 'orbs' in 'em.) It's pretty awsome building. Also there's that police office trailer there to keep an eye on it.

Another legend, is that the hospital did some experiements on the patients. And one of them became the "Goatman."

I was watching TAPS Wednesday. And my friend Robin said that she went inside the hospital. She felt something touch her back. She said that there's still bodies in the morgue!

You DO realize there are about a million laws that make that impossible right? Particularly if they are bodies of some one who died of an infectious disease such as TB.

I don't give a **** if it's illegal! Lets see them pictures!

You DO realize there are about a million laws that make that impossible right? Particularly if they are bodies of some one who died of an infectious disease such as TB.

No. I've never gone inside. Nor will I go back. :/

I don't give a **** if it's illegal! Lets see them pictures!

o-o; Woah there.

The picture I took were from a disposable camera.

Sorry.

Awhhhh! No pics, dang. Sounds like a cool place to get the crap scared out of ya. I don't know what it is about abondoned hospitals but they scare the living crap out of me. I don't think I could walk through one alone, even in the day. Well maybe if I had some beers!

There's other websites around with pictures of it! Even some information on security measures. It sounds huge! I wanna go...

It even looks huge!

I have some links for you to look at the hospital. There's two sections. The section with the adults and children then there's the main hospital. Or whatever. (I went to the section where the children were. Both parts are oppsite side of a road.

Opacity

Wiki article

There's two links. I'll try and find more.

When I'm at my mom's. I'll try and get the photos scanned. ^^

Agreed. So bodies in a un powered morgue huh?

I have some links for you to look at the hospital. There's two sections. The section with the adults and children then there's the main hospital. Or whatever. (I went to the section where the children were. Both parts are oppsite side of a road.

Opacity

Wiki article

There's two links. I'll try and find more.

When I'm at my mom's. I'll try and get the photos scanned. ^^

heres a good link http://gdhospital.tripod.com/id31.html

TB hospitals where their therapy basically consisted of fresh air and sunshine. The death tolls at these places were horrible as there was no cure at the time. Always a good place to look for haunting.

Thanks for telling us about Glenn Dale. Perhaps one day I will come visit it.

• 3 years later...

I JUST CAME BACK FROM GLEN DALE. I have explored one of the whole hospitals, I think it was the children's. There are no bodies in the morgue. 100% fake. And you're gonna need some waterproof boots when you go down there. We explored every room and tunnel. The building is completely empty except for bed frames and lockers. Nothing happened until we got to the top floor. When we got to the end of the hallway, some weird stuff happened. I don't believe in ghosts, but i seen something in mid air for a split second. I told the guy i was with. We both said it was probably water dripping down that the light caught just right. We turned around and took a step and a door slammed. (We had already explored the rest of the building, and the door that slammed was on the floor we were on.) We said it was probably just the wind, and took two more steps and another door slammed. We decided to move to the other end of the hall. A door creaked open very slowly, and i'm pretty sure i heard a voice as well. This was all at like 2:00 in the morning. When we left, we seen 2 coyotes, dogs, or bobcats or something, run across the street screaming. It was weird. We didn't encounter anything in the other buildings.

AS FAR AS SECURITY, we had no problems. There is a security building, but it would probably be hard to get caught. I read online before we went, that security won't even attempt to chase you if they see you.

ALWAYS WEAR A FACE MASK WHEN EXPLORING BUILDINGS LIKE THIS BECAUSE OF ASBESTOS!!!

This building definitely is creepy. I'm not saying if it's haunted or not, because I don't know. I just wanted to share my experience with you. Everything I said is 100% true, and no, I don't believe in ghosts. But that was some freaky stuff. And the building looks like Silent Hill on the inside.

Attached are some pictures i took. that's me in the morgue.

post-137861-0-67753700-1363037721_thumb.

post-137861-0-55505000-1363037823_thumb.

post-137861-0-91000000-1363037923_thumb.

Welcome to UM Seth :st

Interesting necropost.... I'm going to guess by your posting that you did not obtain permission to be on the property... That is illegal trespassing. It's wrong to do, gives other hunters a bad name, and just so happens to be against the forum rules to speak of doing so.

• Like 1