Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Outbreak in Mexico...

Plainbob13

Another flu epidemic to fuel fear to the masses bla, bla, bla, bla,

you ever noticed epidemics appear every few years and then it would wither away when the source is discoverd and the source always lead to some military or government facility that handles does dangerous epidemics that they suppose to prevent..mmmmmmmmmmmm i wonder

Hmmmm --> http://www.livway.org/fluconspiracy.htm

Is it a conspiracy??

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enigmatic Ghost

• Princess Serenity

• Beckys_Mom

• Lord Umbarger

Is the virus airborne as well. I really hope not.

Oh no! Does that mean I have to give up Pork chops,sausage and bacon! Darn it just when you thought it was safe to eat the other white meat,Oh and I guess for the Jews out there,Ya not missing a thing. :lol:

I think you'll be proven right when we get a Fish flu outbreak.

Well its been known that some fish cant be eaten because of Mercury that is found inside of them,Looks like everything on this planet has something wrong with them in one way shape or form. :no:

It has been found in Kansas. 7 or 8 cases in NYC probabla swine flu.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30398682/

Once it hits a city like New York it's essentially hit every city given population density and how people travel around. I wasn't surprised to hear that it was in San Diego but I wouldn't have guessed Kansas would be hit so early on. It's hard to believe that farmers in Kansas import pigs from Mexico (although the outbreak in the school in New York means that it transmits person to person now).

I live near Washington DC so if it's in New York it's basically on my doorstep right now.

During the Middle Ages and Renaissance people thought influenza was caused by bad astrological transits-- that's why it was called influenza (the influence of the stars caused it).

Edited by Siara

Once it hits a city like New York it's essentially hit every city given population density and how people travel around. I wasn't surprised to hear that it was in San Diego but I wouldn't have guessed Kansas would be hit so early on. It's hard to believe that farmers in Kansas import pigs from Mexico (although the outbreak in the school in New York means that it transmits person to person now).

I live near Washington DC so if it's in New York it's basically on my doorstep right now.

During the Middle Ages and Renaissance people thought influenza was caused by bad astrological transits-- that's why it was called influenza (the influence of the stars caused it).

The couple in Kansas with the flu aren't farmers -- he'd just come back from a trip to Mexico. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30398682/

It’s a crossing of Swine, Avian and Normal stain flue, 1000 sickened in Mexico city with 68 deaths, it is reached to New York City, they don’t know how it spread there so fast, I say it’s the Mass transportation, and so if the airways are flying to Europe then it can spread there, it does respond to the Prescription Flue medication, but the Poorer classes cannot afford such Medications nor is there enough supply of the Medication.

Pavot

I remember exactly where I was in 1982 (Central Park, New York City) when my then boyfriend/ now husband leaned over with a newspaper and said "Hey look at this. This is weird. Eight Americans have come down with a weird disease that destroys the immune system. They caught it in Haiti. It's called GRID or AIDS."

There is no known Flue vaccination that will prevent it, the Flue prescription Medication eases symptoms from what I understand of it also it is expensive, that’s coming from two separate news sources.

Pavot

Edited by Pavot

I'm scared. Really scared. This kind of stuff scares me a lot. I want to lock myself up in a buliding and stay there.

Why does this stuff keep happening?!

I'm scared. Really scared. This kind of stuff scares me a lot. I want to lock myself up in a buliding and stay there.

Why does this stuff keep happening?!

Been asking myself the same thing..and why always farm animals lol?

The Cases in New York are due to children attending a school there that visited their family down in Mexico last week, I am watching the News now and they suspect it in Texas, San Diego, California, Kansas, and New York. The cases in New York are Mild so far, there is a team heading to Mexico City to do autopsies, it is said the majority of the 1000 dead were those with weakened immune systems, the sick, the elderly and children whose immune systems have not developed yet to be able to combat the Strains, there is no need for having fear, as usually these outbreaks are first lacking proper health information and accurate reporting of the sick, I believe that information is a far wiser thing than worries and panic, even the evening news can get their fact wrong, I would just not be over publicly active, such as avoid malls and mass transportation if possible until more and better accurate information comes in, wash your hands a lot, don’t shake hands or touch strangers or pears at class or work, and avoid contact with People of Mexican origins especially if they have recently travel to Mexico City and other regions of Mexico. Remember in public avoid physical contact with others as in hugs and handshakes and wash your hand very frequently.

Be polite but be smart.

Pavot

Edited by Pavot

Here is some interesting info that I came across just a few minutes ago. i have not read all of this thread as of yet to update myself on it thoroughly but, I wanted to make sure that we all had a chance to give this one the look over. If it has already been posted inthis therad, please feel free to delete it.

Lord Umbarger

Here are some facts about past flu pandemics and pandemic threats:

* The 1918 Spanish influenza pandemic is the benchmark by which all modern pandemics are measured. Some 20 to 40 percent of the worldwide population became ill and more than 50 million people died. Between September 1918 and April 1919, it killed more than 600,000 people in the United States alone. In a normal flu season, about 36,000 people die in the United States, and 250,000 to 500,000 globally.

* While the very young and the very old are most at risk with seasonal flu, the 1918 pandemic primarily struck young adults. It disrupted the global economy. Many small businesses, which were unable to unable to operate during the pandemic, went bankrupt.

* The virus that caused the 1957 Asian flu pandemic was quickly identified, and vaccines were available by August 1957. The elderly had the highest rates of death. The Asian flu killed 2 million people globally, according to the World Health Organisation.

* The 1968 influenza pandemic was first detected in Hong Kong. Those over the age of 65 were most likely to die. It killed an estimated 1 million people globally, according to WHO, making it making the mildest pandemic in the 20th century.

* In 1976, a strain of swine flu started infecting people in Fort Dix, New Jersey, and worried U.S. health officials because the virus was thought to be related to the 1918 Spanish flu virus. Forty million people were vaccinated but the program was halted after several cases of Guillain-Barre syndrome, a severe and sometimes fatal condition linked to some vaccines, were reported. The virus never moved outside the Fort Dix area.

* H5N1 avian flu is the most recent pandemic threat. It first surfaced in 1997 and continues to infect humans who have direct contact with chickens. The H5N1 or avian influenza virus does not spread easily from one person to another.

* Since 2003, H5N1 virus has infected 421 people in 15 countries and killed 257. It has killed or forced the culling of more than 300 million birds in 61 countries in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Europe.

* WHO has six pandemic stages. A full-blown pandemic requires sustained, human-to-human spread over many countries of a new and serious virus.

-- Sources: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; World Health Organisation

This info came from HERE. I hope that everyone finds it helpful or at least informative.

I've heard of that before too. Thanks for posting it though. I had forgotten about it. It's always cool to have facts like that to thow out in a conversation. Edited by Lord Umbarger

The Cases in New York are due to children attending a school there that visited their family down in Mexico last week, I am watching the News now and they suspect it in Texas, San Diego, California, Kansas, and New York. The cases in New York are Mild so far, there is a team heading to Mexico City to do autopsies, it is said the majority of the 68 dead were those with weakened immune systems, the sick, the elderly and children whose immune systems have not developed yet to be able to combat the Strains, there is no need for having fear, as usually these outbreaks are first lacking proper health information and accurate reporting of the sick, I believe that information is a far wiser thing than worries and panic, even the evening news can get their fact wrong, I would just not be over publicly active, such as avoid malls and mass transportation if possible until more and better accurate information comes in, wash your hands a lot, don’t shake hands or touch strangers or pears at class or work, and avoid contact with People of Mexican origins especially if they have recently travel to Mexico City and other regions of Mexico. Remember in public avoid physical contact with others as in hugs and handshakes and wash your hand very frequently.

Be polite but be smart.

Pavot

Correctiona edited to Proper Dead Count in Mexico City, the number of Dead was 68 not 1000, sorry. It is 1000 efected in Mexico City

Edited by Pavot

Well, not to be paranoid or anything, but tomorrow morning I'm hitting the store to stockpile on some canned goods and water and things like that. I've always thought having enough rations in the house to survive for at least two weeks at any given time was a good idea.

Truth is, if it does become a pandemic, it will most likely happen quickly, I'd say in the next five to ten days we'll know for certain. Then, the supply chains will begin to become more and more fragile, so it never hurts to be prepared.

If it is a pandemic, I'd think it would be a different world once it's done.

Can't do much but wait and see. Imagine what a pandemic would do to our fractured world economy. It would be a complete disaster in all ways.

Edited by Captain Jirk

guess what? the archeologist that obama met up with when he went to mexico city.....died 1 day after he met with obama with symptoms of the swine flu... i wonder if he got infected (if he did they will have a cure very soon, no doubt"

Well, not to be paranoid or anything, but tomorrow morning I'm hitting the store to stockpile on some canned goods and water and things like that. I've always thought having enough rations in the house to survive for at least two weeks at any given time was a good idea.
:tsu: Nah, I don't thinkt hat you are paranoid. the Red Cross, Fema and several other agencies have long advised having at least a three to seven day stock pile of supplies just to be on the safe side. To me, that isn't a stockpile, just a little precaustionary storage. What if you get a normal headcold adn can't go to a store for a week kind of thing.

If you are considering storing much more than that, kudos to you! It's always a good idea to have soemthing in storage for the unexpected. Let others call us "paranoid" if they want to. Those same peole will be calling us "chubby" after a couple of weeks with no din-din. In my opinion, there is no harm in taking the precaution. Even recent history has shown that those that are prepared for emergencies have a better time of things than the ones that just sit back and expect the government to take care of them when things go wrong. Anyone remember Katrina and how all the Lefties sat around saying that Bush failed the black citizens? Oddly enough, they never condemned the people that didn't look out for themselves though.

In any case, this is probaly just going to be one of those things that we nip in the bud before it gets out of hand but, in my opinion, why take the chance? What if it does go erally bad? Do you want to sit there starnig until the government can get around to saving you? What are you going to eat until the FEMA cattle cars arrive?

I feel like if your own life doesn't mean enough to you to inspire you to take precautions, then your life shouldn't mean enough to me to go out and risk mine to save your ***. Why should the Government take care of you if you won't take care of your self?

I won't even get into being armed to protect your self, your family and your supplies but, I think that most of you who know me aren't going to be trying to raid my storage rooms! LOL!

Lord Umbarger = SALSA (Secure, Armed, Lethal, Safe, Accurate)

Go check out your Local store already? Seems the words getting out?

How long can a person live on a few hundred boxes of Jiffy pop?

OR how long will people live on the few bucks in there bank is more like it?

Maybe we need to think ahead here?

Or one possibilitly Mans gotta Go some time.

:tsu: Nah, I don't thinkt hat you are paranoid. the Red Cross, Fema and several other agencies have long advised having at least a three to seven day stock pile of supplies just to be on the safe side. To me, that isn't a stockpile, just a little precaustionary storage. What if you get a normal headcold adn can't go to a store for a week kind of thing.

That type of stock pile is more for hurricanes and blizzards. Flu epidemics last for 8 weeks.

I wonder if those little dust mask things that people wear during flu season have any effect at all. My bet is no.

Has anyone given the thought that the 'fema coffins' might actually be preparing for something like this.

My theory is that FEMA has been preparing for a virus like this which would explain all the coffins

post-77-1240727633_thumb.jpg

Has anyone given the thought that the 'fema coffins' might actually be preparing for something like this.

My theory is that FEMA has been preparing for a virus like this which would explain all the coffins

Yes I was going to post that it could very well be a U.S. conspiracy, inoculate the President and team send them down to Mexico which is a major pain in the ***, from illegal Immigrants channeling into the U.S. pun intended there, and the Drug Cartel. Plant a major pandemic starting at the source after secretly inoculation the government of the U.S. a rather far reach of a Scenario, but not at all an impossible one.

What better way to rid the Problems of South of the boarder without anyone noticing the true source as a conspiracy. And sure it will take out U.S. citizens as well, but then the over Population problem is taken care of along with the others.

Pavot

Edited by Pavot

Yes I was going to post that it could very well be a U.S. conspiracy, inoculate the President and team send them down to Mexico which is a major pain in the ***, from illegal Immigrants channeling into the U.S. pun intended there, and the Drug Cartel. Plant a major pandemic starting at the source after secretly inoculation the government of the U.S. a rather far reach of a Scenario, but not at all an impossible one.

What better way to rid the Problems of South of the boarder without anyone noticing the true source as a conspiracy. And sure it will take out U.S. citizens as well, but then the over Population problem is taken care of along with the others.

Pavot

Well i would go that extreme.

My theory was that they were just preparing for. Doesn't mean that created the virus or any conspiracy theory like that.

Just a case of 'always be prepared' as the boy scouts would say

Well i would go that extreme.

My theory was that they were just preparing for. Doesn't mean that created the virus or any conspiracy theory like that.

Just a case of 'always be prepared' as the boy scouts would say

I was just thinking out side of the Box there, but yah, maybe the Gov doesn't want to be caught bull dozing mass numbers of corpses into open earth holes and figured they best ready coffins for a natural death event or Pandemic. :)

Pavot