Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Outbreak in Mexico...

Plainbob13

81 Deaths and counting..... and most of the infected seem to be teenagers, not the usual toddlers and old folks.

"It's very important to act fast and take this seriously, but it's also very important to stay calm, cooperate with authorities and inform them of any cases that arise." :-Reuters AlertNet

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N26489623.htm

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enigmatic Ghost

• Princess Serenity

• Beckys_Mom

• Lord Umbarger

Its already got to Canada. One case in Nova Scotia, and Two in British Columbia. I'm sorry, but I'm starting to really freak out. I live in Canada and this virus might kill everyone and spread all over the world.

I can't take it and stop worrying so much anymore. I'm really really scared.

Edited by MysteryMike

Its already got to Canada. One case in Nova Scotia, and Two in British Columbia. I'm sorry, but I'm starting to really freak out. I live in Canada and this virus might kill everyone and spread all over the world.

Relax a bit, M Mike -- flue "epidemics" hit the world every year. This one is imo being over-blown by the media. The impact on USA has been minimal so far, and if you noticed, very few ( if any ???) have died due to this virus, in the USA. Yes, people got the flu ***BUT*** most of them regained their health, and are alive and well.

Ta for now,

Karlis

You aren't the only one.

Relax a bit, M Mike -- flue "epidemics" hit the world every year. This one is imo being over-blown by the media. The impact on USA has been minimal so far, and if you noticed, very few ( if any ???) have died due to this virus, in the USA. Yes, people got the flu ***BUT*** most of them regained their health, and are alive and well.

Ta for now,

Karlis

*Clings* I agree. I keep reminding myself that it's only "mild" and what someone said in this thread.

I have an idea. Kill (sorry) the animals with the swine flu and keep planes from going in or out of Mexico. Just two ideas that I thought of. :/

Restricting or halting air travel out of Mexico is not going to happen, stopping mass transpiration do to Public health issues just doesn’t happen or work, and by the time they did indicate such procedures it’s too late, Mass transportation (Airline Flights) with Airplanes with enclosed circulation is a Huge Flying petree Laboratory dish, and when it lands and the ramp comes, the doors open and the people walk through hundreds of other people, shaking hands, and making small money purchases and the Germs are spread rapidly from there.

And although there have been only 81 or so deaths and that is a small number, it is still spreading as infectious and if you’re one of those 81 dead from this Flue than those words of don’t worry do not mean squat to them or their families. It now going global due to Mass rapid transportation.

Pavot

Restricting or halting air travel out of Mexico is not going to happen, stopping mass transpiration do to Public health issues just doesn’t happen or work, and by the time they did indicate such procedures it’s too late, Mass transportation (Airline Flights) with Airplanes with enclosed circulation is a Huge Flying petree Laboratory dish, and when it lands and the ramp comes, the doors open and the people walk through hundreds of other people, shaking hands, and making small money purchases and the Germs are spread rapidly from there.

And although there have been only 81 or so deaths and that is a small number, it is still spreading as infectious and if you’re one of those 81 dead from this Flue than those words of don’t worry do not mean squat to them or their families. It now going global due to Mass rapid transportation.

Pavot

._.'

I realize that, Pavot. Just an idea I thought of.

*Head desk*

you know what strikes me as odd? the flu can strike at any time of year, but the fall season is when most people seem to get sick and strains get passed around; when people spend more time indoors and are close to each other in order to give the virus to each other in close quarters. It seems odd that here it is at spring time, warmer time of year... and all of a sudden this flu is taking off like it is. Weird, really weird.

._.'

I realize that, Pavot. Just an idea I thought of.

*Head desk*

It was a very good idea dear girl.

But they the Governments just never seem to act upon a instant outbreak, and especially coming out of Mexico and the Mexican Government, Mexico would be the very last place upon Earth I would live or visit next to Chad, Kenya or Somalia. As for the U.S. Government goes in a Crisis, just look how they handled the Katrina situation, although a lot was upon those people not listening to and acting quickly upon the warning to evacuating prior to the Hurricane arriving the coast of New Orleans, I wouldn't rely upon my Government for nothing, and really they are not an over seer of every person, meaning it is the individuals responsibility to be practical, and responsible for themselves and Families. And as a Community joint effort is a huge help but even in that, it is limited. Protection through limited public contact and excessive cleanliness is a large part in staying uninfected, yet still does not guarantee None exposor and infection.

Pavot

Edited by Pavot

our news is saying that this virus was man made and was released into the public as a terrorist attack

can anyone confirm?

our news is saying that this virus was man made and was released into the public as a terrorist attack

can anyone confirm?

I cannot confirm that, nor am I even educated in such a field of Science to take a Guess upon that, however it could very well be, as our News had stated at one point, that it was very unusual as it is three Combined strains together, a Avian, a Swine and another more common flue Strain, all as one, verses as separate strains.

Pavot

I have an idea. Kill (sorry) the animals with the swine flu....

They do slaughter animals at risk of this sort of thing. However, the "animals" we actually have to worry about are people. :hmm:

can anyone confirm?

According to the San Francisco Chronicle/News Day (1977), the CIA used swine flu as a bio-weapon against Cuba.

With at least the tacit backing of U.S. Central Intelligence Agency officials, operatives linked to anti-Castro terrorists introduced African swine fever virus into Cuba in 1971.

Six weeks later an outbreak of the disease forced the slaughter of 500,000 pigs to prevent a nationwide animal epidemic.

A U.S. intelligence source told Newsday last week he was given the virus in a sealed, unmarked container at a U.S. Army base and CIA training ground in the Panama Canal Zone, with instructions to turn it over to the anti-Castro group.

http://www.maebrussell.com/Health/CIA%20Pig%20Virus.html

Any Alex Jone's listeners hear the Sunday show? Yikes, those callers from Mexico were scary......

Just seen an up-date on Sky News.the death toll has risen in Mexico to 103..........and the virus is now headed towards the UK too :blink:

I figure that this one will probably be like the last few major bug worries that we ahve had over the previous decade or so. It'll get world attention adn then sort of fade away like SARS and that Avian Flu that we were all worried about this time last month. Then I see something like this from Google and I get the shakes again.....

Follow the bug HERE!

The thing that gets me about this one is that it is showing just how fast a major flu can travel all over the planet. If you play with the map a little bit, you can see that it was already showing up in France as of April 26. Like everyone else, i am hoping that this oen does get brought under control really fast like but, rather it does or not, it will at least serve as an object lesson in how dangerous this sort of thing can be and might even inspire us to take a few new precautions. Perhaps we can slap some new restictions on travel to nations that don't do a decent job of keeping the borders closed or that have no interest in trying to nip these outreaks in the bud.

I'm not just trying to single out Mexico when I say this either. The U.S. needs to have a serious "come to Jesus meeting" about securing our borders too. (When a Jew like me starts talking about meeting Jesus, it's bad). Whenever just anyone can pack up a few cantines and wander off across the desert to the United States with no fear of being stopped, examined, shot at or punished for it, we have a big assed problem. Simple as that. This time it's a bug that we might be able to get a handle on. Next time, maybe it won't be a beatable one. The main reason for national borders among friendly nations and the armed enforcement of such is, and from now on needs to be, disease containment. I can't carry an orange tree form Florida to Georgia, even if my backyard straddles the state line but we, as a nation, allow just anyone to come strolling in with no medical checks or anything.

Talk all the trash you want to about the old days of Ellis Island but, Grand-daddy did have enough common sense to do medical exams on the in-coming hordes of people and the testicular fortitude to send the unfit ones packing. There is a lot that we can still learn about survival before charity from those older generations and the older I get, the smarter those "creepy old-timers" are starting to seem.

Don't cough in my general direction or I might start shooting in yours.

Lord Umbarger

Edited by Lord Umbarger

I can't get it then. It comes from pigs and I am Jewish! LOL! If I died of it, it wouldn't be "kosher"! LOL!

You Sir, have won the internet! :lol:

Guest Lottie

Latest from UK HERE.

About 103 people in Mexico are thought to have died after contracting it, but there have been no deaths elsewhere.

Officials said the UK should expect to see an outbreak of the virus.

'Well-prepared'

There have also been 20 cases of swine flu reported in the US and six in Canada, and suspected cases in New Zealand, France, Spain, Israel and Australia.

However, no-one outside of Mexico has yet died, leading to suggestions that the severity of the cases there may be due to the strain mixing with a second unrelated virus circulating in the community.

Travellers returning to Manchester Airport from Mexico said they faced no questions about symptoms of the illness or screening either in Mexico or when they arrived back in the UK.

And a man from Northamptonshire who was told to stay in his home after returning from Mexico with flu-like symptoms, has been given the all-clear by the Health Protection Agency.

Scottish Health Secretary Nicola Sturgeon said two patients in Airdrie who visited Mexico had both displayed mild flu-like symptoms but there was no cause for concern.

If this is for real then the above is good news for the world community surely. I don't want to sound complacent but from what I've been reading about this, at the moment, is any different to bird flu outbreaks in recent times. I am not a great believer in the news agencies giving factual information, rather feeding on the publics paranoia and milking it for all it's worth.

idk why Mexico can't close thier international air ports for 2 weeks

(Lord Umbarger @ Apr 24 2009, 10:24 PM)

I can't get it then. It comes from pigs and I am Jewish! LOL! If I died of it, it wouldn't be "kosher"! LOL!

You Sir, have won the internet!

Well, since it is mine now, I think that we should make it so that we can stsrt getting the internet on "computers". I'm pretty sure they are going to be the next big thing! LOL!

On a more serious note, here are the symptoms to look for. Just because you have some or all of them doesn't mean that you have it the new bug but, it does mean that you should probably consider seeing a doctor and stay out of school and work for a couple of days to be on the safe side.

Symptoms of swine flu include fever, lethargy, lack of appetite, coughing, runny nose, sore throat, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, the CDC said

Now, let me remind any and all, I am NOT a doctor. I'm not even a niurse in a vet clinic. Do NOT take my advice as a substitute for a consultation with a trained medical professional!

Here's a link to a Google map pinpointing the locations of all confirmed cases.

WOW, it really made its way around fast.

They do slaughter animals at risk of this sort of thing. However, the "animals" we actually have to worry about are people. :hmm:

Okay.

Question: How long did the Bird flu last? Just wondering.

I hope this thing goes away soon.

Okay.

Bird flu hasnt jumped from human to human yet. But is still very much around in Egypt, India, and China. That book is yet to be written.

WOW, it really made its way around fast.

Yeah. Well this virus has an incubation period of about two days (that's how long it takes for symptoms to appear after first being exposed to the virus), so that's two days of unrestricted travel to all corners of the world before anyone even knows that there's a problem.

Just a note, I didn't pay full attention before, the purple markers show confirmed cases while the pink markers are just suspected cases.

Okay.

The bird flu never actually struck, not among humans at least. It's a virus strain that birds can catch from other birds, and there were a couple of rare cases where a human contracted it directly from a bird, but all of the media hype surrounding it was about the possibility of a mutation in the virus allowing it to be passed on to humans from other humans; fortunately it hasn't happened yet, but the risk is still present.

Edited by Raptor

does anyone know if its contagious thru eating pork? i heard you couldnt get it as long as its cooked well. pretty much the same idea for Avon Fluenza. any word on the Tamiflu i heard breifly something on the news about it. i know its a cure for some fluenza but its owned by one company. i dont think its in the US yet. iu could be wrong though.