Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Outbreak in Mexico...

Plainbob13

Dont worry just get yourself some aerosol cans, a lighter and a mask, and when you are out and about and some person coughs or sneezes near you quickly torch them.

X3

Hopefully it'll stay at a low number.

YOU STAY DOWN! D<

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enigmatic Ghost

• Princess Serenity

• Beckys_Mom

• Lord Umbarger

iv been having a thought. get the swine flu now and build your immunity before the flu comes back in the winter, mutated.

sounds like a bad scifi movie. lol

Thank you both, I am not worried, I think it is just something else.

Dude that sucks big time, hope it's not the flu !!! Maybe Mr. Biggles gave you something :P

I miss that guy LOL

Dude that sucks big time, hope it's not the flu !!! Maybe Mr. Biggles gave you something :P

I miss that guy LOL

I am sure it is just a chest infection or something, I miss Biggles too :cry: it's lonely at night without him :(

- Doctors in hospitals in New Mexico are reporting that some victims of the new flu strain are starting to attack doctors and other patients

- Doctors in hospitals in New Mexico are reporting that some victims of the new flu strain are starting to attack doctors and other patients

Z-Day is here. :o

Haha, so maybe I was making a fib, but imagine if you woke up to see THAT on the news!

We do. It's just attributed to meth though.

i think this strand will faid just like all the other flus have. exept the human flu which has killed more than swine has infected. the only thing that worries me is that.. this comes from four types of strains. humans, swine, flu, and another one i forget. i do find it somewhat frightful that its spread this fast in the few weeks it has existed. who knows what will happen. not to sound too religious does anyone think this ties in with biblical terms or even 2012. just thaught id make this alil idk. paranormal.

My Wife became ill this morning and I am now ill this evening; both of us have compromises Immune systems, right now she worse than I am but my energy is spent and I have a fever as well, we were in town a lot last week together at the Doctors office for a rutine visit, in town Very little this week, She has the Flu Symptoms, she is not at all well, I am caring for her and mounitoring her very close.

Pavot

Edited by Pavot

It's pretty easy to tell who is infected.

LOL Chaos..........I know you meant that as a lil joke, but it was a bit...........out there LMAO :lol: but we all still heart you :wub: <--see?? LOL

Well, here's something that may actually be something to worry about. I dunno what dengue fever is or if it's a bad thing, but heck, people are panicking over this flu which still has lower statistics than regular flu, Mexico not included. Mexico seems to be the only one having a real problem with this flu. But anyhow, there's another epidemic going on that's spreading to neighbouring countries.

"Bolivia is experiencing the worst outbreak of dengue fever in decades, with more than 50,000 people infected. The epidemic has also spread to neighbouring Argentina. Eastern Bolivia and northern Argentina - regions that generally have poorly equipped hospitals - are worst affected. Bolivia says 22 people have died, but a UN official said today the number is more likely to be in the hundreds.) "

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/woalert_read....09〈=eng

Well, here's something that may actually be something to worry about. I dunno what dengue fever is or if it's a bad thing, but heck, people are panicking over this flu which still has lower statistics than regular flu, Mexico not included. Mexico seems to be the only one having a real problem with this flu. But anyhow, there's another epidemic going on that's spreading to neighbouring countries.

"Bolivia is experiencing the worst outbreak of dengue fever in decades, with more than 50,000 people infected. The epidemic has also spread to neighbouring Argentina. Eastern Bolivia and northern Argentina - regions that generally have poorly equipped hospitals - are worst affected. Bolivia says 22 people have died, but a UN official said today the number is more likely to be in the hundreds.) "

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/woalert_read....09〈=eng

dengue fever makes you really sick...bleed out of your eyeballs sick...and other orifices (hemorrhagic fever)...get it from mosquitos in tropical climates. Outside of those climates it is tougher to get.

My Wife became ill this morning and I am now ill this evening; both of us have compromises Immune systems, right now she worse than I am but my energy is spent and I have a fever as well, we were in town a lot last week together at the Doctors office for a rutine visit, in town Very little this week, She has the Flu Symptoms, she is not at all well, I am caring for her and mounitoring her very close.

Pavot

I hope you both feel better soon!

Pigs are generally pretty aggressive species - despite the opposite, thought by the lovers of pork belly. I myself was once saving my bottom on a tree, after having a mistake of meeting a wild swine with the piglets amid the forest. I guess our bodies, affected by the swine flu, absorb some of the very piggish DNA chains from it, and this causes us to behave like a wild boar. This is pretty normal (just remember the twittering of the victims of the avian flu). I guess, next year our government-paid geneticists would unleash on us some form of a kennel cough flu, so we all would be loyal and obedient like the dogs.

Pavot

I hope you both make a fast recovery!

After having some sleep I feel much better , so I don't think I have the virus, but I have got some sleep deprivation because the damn hospital kept phoning through the night to see if I was okay.

After having some sleep I feel much better , so I don't think I have the virus, but I have got some sleep deprivation because the damn hospital kept phoning through the night to see if I was okay.

:P Poor thing....that's almost as bad as being IN the hospital waking you up to take blood, waking you up to do an EKG, waking you up to take blood pressure, etc,...

well dammit, I am getting out of Iraq soon and now I am gonna have to fight world war Z when i get back. Well I guess its a good thing they taught us to go for head shots. lol

from CNN ( http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americas/05/....flu/index.html )

One afternoon this week, at a cinder block home perched on a hillside in a poor northern neighborhood of Mexico City, a coffin was mounted on the living room table. A steady stream of neighbors filed in to pay their final tribute to a dead 24-year-old.

Biting back tears, a young man said his brother had died of "respiratory problems." When asked what kind of a person his brother was, he said simply: "He was an honest man. He never got in any trouble."

The man seemed to be feeling an underlying sense of shame. Suddenly there was a huge stigma attached to swine flu -- like in the early days of AIDS-related deaths -- and Mexican families were keen to dispel notions their loved ones had died of the mutant virus

How... bizarre. Do they think having swine flu implies that they kissed a pig? Why on earth would it have a stigma attached to it?

It doesn't surprise me to read that people in Mexico are lying to the press about flu-related deaths. It seems like 10% of the people who vacationed in Mexico got infected (just my observation, not a statistic) and that couldn't have happened unless a huge segment of the local population was already contagious. Either we are being lied to about the spread of the disease or it's spreading amazingly quickly. In the US it's now 19 states that are effected. Two days ago it was 6 states.

Part of this is probably a reflection of the fact that more and more biological testing places are being set up so of course more people are testing positive. But still... is this the normal rate at which diseases spread now?