Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Outbreak in Mexico...

Plainbob13

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enigmatic Ghost

• Princess Serenity

• Beckys_Mom

• Lord Umbarger

Quote updated

You used an anti-virus scanner before posting, right?

linked-image

Edited by Superman
Updating quote

man, I'm really regretting kissing that pig now. What are the symptoms again?

i'm not 100% certain on this, but i think you're man-bits start to spiral just like a pig's...

think it was bbc i read it on...

You used an anti-virus scanner before posting, right?

linked-image

I wish i could say my computer is in better nick than me ! i mean of course it is! other than a time, grr clock problem..lol nah I'm in the hands of Norton :mellow:

I think you're okay if you didn't exchange bodily fluids. Did you French kiss her?

I wish i could say my computer is in better nick than me ! i mean of course it is! other than a time, grr clock problem..lol nah I'm in the hands of Norton :mellow:

Ed Norton? :blink::lol:

Pavot

Quote updated

Girl can you get a calling card?? If so...I think BT have them.(cheaper than using a land line lol).....call your mom....just to see how she is..I doubt she has that pig flu....as you say, she had flu symptoms around when the story 1st came out, but it could be a coincidence....I hope she is ok

Edited by Superman
Updating quote

I can't get it then. It comes from pigs and I am Jewish! LOL! If I died of it, it wouldn't be "kosher"! LOL!

:lol:

:rofl:

People are saying that "this is the big one." >< (Next it'll be the 'big one' for tornados! No offense.) Because of the 1918 breakout.

I wanna be dead after the "big one" comes. I really do.

Glenn Beck talked about the 1979 flu. Where did THAT one come from? =/ Just wondering.

People are saying that "this is the big one." >< (Next it'll be the 'big one' for tornados! No offense.) Because of the 1918 breakout.

I wanna be dead after the "big one" comes. I really do.

Glenn Beck talked about the 1979 flu. Where did THAT one come from? =/ Just wondering.

It came from Weasels :lol:

Pavot

They said that Avian flu a few years ago was going to be the "big one" too. The media always hype these things up as a money-maker. This flu responds well to various medications. It isn't going to be the big one.

It came from Weasels :lol:

Pavot

Okay. Thanks.

Really?

They said that Avian flu a few years ago was going to be the "big one" too. The media always hype these things up as a money-maker. This flu responds well to various medications. It isn't going to be the big one.

I don't remember that being said. :/

They do over do things. >< That's why I hate the media. I hate to watch the news about these things and I'm afraid of watching it.

Good.

Glenn had a guy on his show. And he said it'll go away when our bodies are resistant to the flu. Hopefully that'll be soon!

Okay. Thanks.

Really?

I don't remember that being said. :/

They do over do things. >< That's why I hate the media. I hate to watch the news about these things and I'm afraid of watching it.

Good.

Glenn had a guy on his show. And he said it'll go away when our bodies are resistant to the flu. Hopefully that'll be soon!

No not really, I was hoping to bring a smile to yah and ease your worries Moonsy, it will be ok.

I think.

Pavot

No not really, I was hoping to bring a smile to yah and ease your worries Moonsy, it will be ok.

I think.

Pavot

You did slightly. ^_^

That's why I keep checking this thread. From time to time and keep my eye on the news.

But thanks anyway.

Edited by MoonPrincess

You did slightly. ^_^

That's why I keep checking this thread. From time to time and keep my eye on the news.

But thanks anyway.

You need some good Tea, and New baby Kitten.

Not that I am a Mender of Hearts or the Swami of everything’s going to be ok, by far, but when we remove our Gaze, you know Dear Girl, a New Kitten and some wonderful tea. A Black one with Green eyes, or a Smoke Gray one with Blue eyes. Forget about the Outbreak, life goes on and let the world worry about the World.

That will be two Shanackles a Durgus for the advice. :lol: Ok it was free and Half lame, but maybe it brought two more smiles and giggle.

Let the World worry about the world, go and get a kitten. :)

Pavot

Edited by Pavot

There are few things as soothing to me as the sound of a kitten, or even a full grown cat for that matter, laying on my chest purring softly in it's sleep.

As for the new flu but, it'll probably be another false alarm for the most part but, still, it would be wise to go ahead and get a few extra canned goods just incase you do have to stay out of sight for a couple of weeks. It's not wasted money even if the bug doesn't get super bad. I mean, you can still eat canned corn no matter what you originally bought it for.

Not that I am a Mender of Hearts or the Swami of everything’s going to be ok, by far, but when we remove our Gaze, you know Dear Girl, a New Kitten and some wonderful tea. A Black one with Green eyes, or a Smoke Gray one with Blue eyes. Forget about the Outbreak, life goes on and let the world worry about the World.

That will be two Shanackles a Durgus for the advice. :lol: Ok it was free and Half lame, but maybe it brought two more smiles and giggle.

Let the World worry about the world, go and get a kitten. :)

Pavot

^_^

I don't think our cat would like another cat in the house. She might injury it. >>

Or just some of beechams flu plus.

People are saying that "this is the big one." ><

People are also saying the "next" one could be the "big one". Since this strain has genes from human, bird and swine flu, it has the potential to mutate into something quite evil.

I'm not to worried about it at this point (although, I did pick up a box of masks today just incase).

I believe that would be after it has run through the population. In other words, once you catch it and get sick, your body will develope an resistance to that strain (ummm, if it doesn't kill you first ;) ). However, if the strain mutates you will still be vulnerable to this new varriation of the strain.

So, how can you get the flu twice? Doesn't your body build up immunity? When you get the flu, your body builds up antibodies (proteins that fight disease in your body) that respond to that particular virus. The next time you get the same flu, your body would recognize the virus and produce antibodies to fight off the flu. The problem is, these antibodies will not protect you if the influenza virus has changed its structure. Viruses can change their structure during the replicating process. That is when the influenza uses its own RNA (an acid in a living cell that carries the codes for genetic information) to make new RNA messengers that will instruct the infected cell to make more viral proteins.

When the virus makes the new RNA, it makes an exact copy of itself, like a mirror image. Influenza virus does not have a system to notice or correct for errors during this process. These errors can make changes to the new virus that are different enough that your immune system cannot recognize it. If the immune system does not recognize it, it will not be able to produce antibodies against this new virus. Without antibodies, the virus can go about its business of infecting your cells. This process is called antigenic drift, a gradual evolution of the virus or small mutations that change the proteins in the virus. These changes can cause epidemics of flu.

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/science_for_kids/33122

Edited by el midgetron

People are also saying the "next" one could be the "big one". Since this strain has genes from human, bird and swine flu, it has the potential to mutate into something quite evil.
If 6.2% of the infected die, it's still bad but, it's not as bad as some of the other stuff that we have had run ins with over the last ten years with a far higher death percentage. For instance, AIDS has a 100% mortality rate. I guess it just depends on the infection rate. I mean, if only a thousand get a 6.2% disesase, you're only looking at 62 poeple dying. If it hits all six billion of us, well, that is a whole other kettle lf fish.

There will be a pandemic in the USA when pigs fly.

Guess what? Swine Flew!

I don't really know; perhaps you come out with bacon rashers? :P

Karlis

There will be a pandemic in the USA when pigs fly. Guess what? Swine Flew!
Ding, ding ding! We have a winner!

I'm just sort of amazed at how fast it has spread and how few we actually have that are listed as seriously critical. Maybe it'll end up like herpes where 20% are infected but, nobody dies from it! LOL!

Guess what? Swine Flew!

Bad pun of the thread award goes to.....(drum roll)....DevilDog!

Guess what? Swine Flew!

XD That's funny.

*Gives you a super big chocolate chip cookie.*

(I don't know what kind you like.)