Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anti Rape Condom

Queen in the North

Presenting Rapex - the anti rape condom.

(This may be too explicit, mods, please delete if it is.)

IMO, it's a slightly random idea - you've already been raped by the the time this 'preventative' measure comes into action. But seriously, spines? Ouch.

So it's basically a female condom with spikes on the inside, 'potential' rapist attacks, and then gets the spines embedded into his flesh, which then require surgical removal. This supposedly would also help to catch the attacker - not sure, but I don't think that many men check into A & E with spines stuck somewhere it's gonna hurt, LOL.

The thing I find so bizarre about this is the idea that it prevents rape - fair enough, it cuts rape short, but it isn't preventing it, is it? Unless you advertise the fact you're wearing one...

Cracked.com put it well:

But we want rape prevention that works while the rapist is still 20 yards away. Like if they could invent one of these that somehow shoots out and lands on the rapist's d*** while he's still on the other side of the parking lot, we'd be all for that. Especially if somebody uploads that event to YouTube

Odd. Thoughts?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• Queen in the North

• schizoidwoman

• InfraredCow

I don't know what to think.....it's pretty weird.

Here in the usa the rappist would get to sue and probable win for pain and suffering.

It's got to be a wind-up? fit a set of dentures and practice chewing, can you imagine how scary it would be seeing that for the first time. :w00t:

IMO, it's a slightly random idea - you've already been raped by the the time this 'preventative' measure comes into action. But seriously, spines? Ouch.

So it's basically a female condom with spikes on the inside, 'potential' rapist attacks, and then gets the spines embedded into his flesh, which then require surgical removal. This supposedly would also help to catch the attacker - not sure, but I don't think that many men check into A & E with spines stuck somewhere it's gonna hurt, LOL.

The thing I find so bizarre about this is the idea that it prevents rape - fair enough, it cuts rape short, but it isn't preventing it, is it? Unless you advertise the fact you're wearing one...

Cracked.com put it well:

Odd. Thoughts?

Unless memory serves me wrongly, I seem to have read that researchers or theorizers have come to the idea that rape is not really a crime against a woman for the unconsensual satisfaction of the aggressor's lust, but it is an attack on a woman for the satisfaction of the aggressor's desire and determination to dominate.

How do women or society in the Christian West prevent rape?

Perhaps Western society can learn something from Islam in regard to the prevention of rape by men on women.

Anyone here know of any works on the care and guard of women in a Muslim society?

Oslove

Cracked.com put it well:

Odd. Thoughts?

What a fast way to go from rapist to murder.

My gosh! God forbid if she forgets to take it out for her boyfriend or husband!!! Oooouch!

Here in the usa the rappist would get to sue and probable win for pain and suffering.

This kind of thing really gets my goat up (not you daniel the idea)....to think the goverment would allow dirty rotten criminals..to SUE their victims...it's an absolute disgrace

Even if they break into your home and happen to hurt themselves while doing it..SLAP a law suit!!

Ok now I am just gotten into a bad mood...grrrrrrrrrr *shakes fist* <_<

once again I wasnt talking about you daniel...I was talking about the goverment lol

I can see this product working for the first few times but once the word gets out, what's going to stop the rapist from removing it or having her remove it.

Honestly, I don't think many people will buy it. Putting a "weapon" up your privates just in case someone ever rapes you? I think only victims of rape with post-traumatic stress will use it, out of fear that it will happen again. Also, it doesn't really protect the women, since by the time the guy gets hurt, he's already in, so the girl already got raped.

Edited by Almighty89

I have seen advertised long ago in a magazine an electric jacket that women can wear that they can turn on if they are attacked.

No contact’ jacket electrifies

linked-image

One out of 4 women in the world go through at least one physical attack in their lifetime. Hence, keeping in view the security and defense of women, the No Contact jacket is created to aid them in their struggle for protection. Once activated, 80,000 volts of low amperage electric current pulses just below the surface shell of the entire jacket and the exo-electric armor prevents any person from unauthorized contact with the wearer’s body.

linked-image

The description was promising enough and we liked the lock and key mechanism as well. The little blue light near the models neck is the arcing current.

linked-image

linked-image

Edited by Ghost Ship

I have seen advertised long ago in a magazine an electric jacket that women can wear that they can turn on if they are attacked.

No contact’ jacket electrifies

linked-image

Electric jacket??? Gawd help you if it rains :w00t::lol:

Sorry ghost...LOL I know ya don't like the humour much LOL :P hee hee lol

That's a good point. If she zapped a guy in the rain she will probably get zapped as well. But at least she wont be raped. The jacket should have electricity she can shoot out over a distance but i think people would get carried away with that kind of power.

That's a good point. If she zapped a guy in the rain she will probably get zapped as well. But at least she wont be raped. The jacket should have electricity she can shoot out over a distance but i think people would get carried away with that kind of power.

LMAO you have a point

What a fast way to go from rapist to murder.

That's what I was thinking. Some violent maniac is in the middle of raping some poor woman... extreme pain in the peter commences... I would think a lot of these guys would throttle her then.

This product has nothing to do with prevention, and everything to do with payback.

Unless memory serves me wrongly, I seem to have read that researchers or theorizers have come to the idea that rape is not really a crime against a woman for the unconsensual satisfaction of the aggressor's lust,

Rape is a huge crime against not just woman...but men and children....ok granted the bible doesnt seem to list it as a sin LOL especially sexual molesting a child.............but it is a sick crime........very sick indeed

Rape is a huge crime against not just woman...but men and children....ok granted the bible doesnt seem to list it as a sin LOL especially sexual molesting a child.............but it is a sick crime........very sick indeed

I believe you will find that the bible does indeed call it a sin. Maybe not by name but sodom and gamora were destroyed after the men of the cities tried to rape the angels.

From the FAQ-

Won't the rapist kill me?

Sadly, many women have been killed over time, as nobody can guarantee the outcome of any rape!

However, the huge plus-factor is that the discomfort and pain is such, that the rapist would be disabled temporarily, (much worse than a kick in the groin that self-defence instructors teach women!) giving you time to get away and get help.

Nice to see the company is in touch with reality. They can't gaurantee a woman wont get killed by the attacker.

Personally, I'd suggest solid kick in the groin and run, rather than trust your Rapex (which only works when you're already in a highly vulnerable position and doesn't do anything against restraints)...

How about carrying a large dog.

A VERY LARGE DOG.

(ps. you don't have to carry it at all times if your arms get tired)

I believe you will find that the bible does indeed call it a sin. Maybe not by name but sodom and gamora were destroyed after the men of the cities tried to rape the angels.

The bible does not state clearly that rape on children or anyone is a sin........but I am not going to turn this into a religious debate, for it is not the right board to do that

So push aside what the bible says and back to the topic ............Rape is a serious crime....and as for the rape condome, I cant see that working...but that's just my POV

Yeah thats smart. Lets give the rapist a reason to kill you.

Rapists have been known to kill their victims......so often in fact...so something like this isn't going to make a difference

From the FAQ-

Nice to see the company is in touch with reality. They can't gaurantee a woman wont get killed by the attacker.

Personally, I'd suggest solid kick in the groin and run, rather than trust your Rapex (which only works when you're already in a highly vulnerable position and doesn't do anything against restraints)...

I know; I assume this would only work if you are willing to wear it all the time just in case something happens? I can't imagine anyone would buy one of these things but I might well be wrong!

Would it not be easier to learn some sort of martial arts self defence.