Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Current flu kill rate is 6.2%

Raptor Witness

Yeah, like with the3 flood.

Of course, and as a nod to the Christians, plague is one of the four horsemen of the apocolypse. then again, tht is supposed to follow a war or something I think. You'll ahve to over look my ignorance here, as a Jew, I'm not much of a New Testement scholar.

I guess your not much of a old test scholar either. Most of my end times study is in it.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Worlds Wolf

• Raptor Witness

• Lord Umbarger

• Princess Serenity

have you ever been to Mexico? Have you ever been to the very very poor parts of central Mexico? very agrarian. very poor. few social services.

My guess is that the flu is killing more people in Mexico because they are very poor, but that still doesn't account for the apparent dramatic difference in severity of the cases we're seeing in the U.S. so far. My guess is that this virus has already mutated into something stronger. Something that could kill a much higher percentage, regardless of wealth, because if you overwhelm a over burdened health system already dealing with other issues, then you can easily see a situation similar to the one in Mexico. It's all about the numbers and this bug is very contagious.

They need to ban all travel to Mexico, because they are inviting what may be a mutation right in the front door.

We need Graham Chapman to come in dressed in an army suit and say "Stop that! It's Silly!"

linked-image

there is a suspected case in the town i live in here in finland. a young girl back from mexico.

ill let you know if anything develops. its not a city more like a large town ,

Yeah, like with the3 flood. Of course, and as a nod to the Christians, plague is one of the four horsemen of the apocolypse. then again, tht is supposed to follow a war or something I think. You'll ahve to over look my ignorance here, as a Jew, I'm not much of a New Testement scholar.

You mean the four horsemen of revelations right? Yeah I'm Helanistic but I know about that too. The four horsemen are known as Phamen, Poverty, War, Plague, and then Death and hell follows with him. I don't remember the actual order of them but I know the riders. The first three I wouldn't worry about as much as I would the last one.

"...and I looked upon him to see a pale horse and his said it said on him was death...and hell followed with him..."

let's just hope someone don't figure out how to mix rabies with it or something like that to make people start going crazy or something like that. It would seriously suck to have something like 28 Weeks Later going on you know. But in all seriousness, let's hope someone hasn't figured that part out yet. Although I'm sure some idiotic paid under the table scientist already has.

Wow, Acidhead's post are nothing short of pathetic.

I feel sorry for the poor Mexicans, and I hope that it doesn't get out of control in the states. Luckily, Florida didn't get affected (yet).

Seriously, I did think of a pretty good conspiracy theory earlier but, now I can't remember it. I hate when I can't remember goodies like that one was! RATS!

Here's a conspiracy theory for you. US Border patrol purposely infected Mexicans because it's cheaper to start a virus outbreak than it is to build a giant wall. :P

Here's a conspiracy theory for you. US Border patrol purposely infected Mexicans because it's cheaper to start a virus outbreak than it is to build a giant wall. :P

Do you work for the government?! :w00t:

let's just hope someone don't figure out how to mix rabies with it or something like that to make people start going crazy or something like that. It would seriously suck to have something like 28 Weeks Later going on you know. But in all seriousness, let's hope someone hasn't figured that part out yet. Although I'm sure some idiotic paid under the table scientist already has.

I don't think we need to worry about zombies just yet :rolleyes:

So far, isnt it only one confirmed death in the US? Actually, just heard about it about 5 mins ago on the news.

I understand that its a new strain but it seems the media is making it look like its the end of the world IMO. All it's doing is from what I see is promoting fear.

I haven't even gotten a flu vaccine in 3 years and I havent been sick even once. Hangovers dont count lol :D

Do you work for the government?! :w00t:

LOL - actually, yes I do. But it's only local government. :P:yes:

So far, isnt it only one confirmed death in the US? Actually, just heard about it about 5 mins ago on the news.

I understand that its a new strain but it seems the media is making it look like its the end of the world IMO. All it's doing is from what I see is promoting fear.

I haven't even gotten a flu vaccine in 3 years and I havent been sick even once. Hangovers dont count lol :D

it depends, did you vomit before or after the hang overs? Don't feel bad, I haven't gotten sick in a long time either. Unless it's sinuses and allergies. That's it.

Oh it was afterwards lol :)

It sounds like they're saying it doesn't count for the US because it was a Mexican kid who came here to get treatment.

They keep talking about it -- almost reassuring people that it wasn't an American. Like that matters! It's already here, it could have been.

Okay, is the figure more like .03% now? (not 3%, 3/100'ths of a percent). Because according to a WHO representative (see article), only 7 people died in Mexico now. The other number was apparently a mistake? :blink:

Okay, is the figure more like .03% now? (not 3%, 3/100'ths of a percent). Because according to a WHO representative (see article), only 7 people died in Mexico now. The other number was apparently a mistake? :blink:

Yeah that number seems a little dubious to me. Possibly some sort of a face saving measure? What freaks me out is that nearly every civilized nation in the world is preparing for DISASTER from this flu except America. Just yesterday we had media types on the today show claiming that we should carry on with our lives as if nothing is happening. Thats INSANE! Im not forecasting doom and gloom, nor am i headed for my bunker in the mountains but the media was chastising people for canceling non-essential travel plans. Seems to me that in a time like this canceling travel plans is absolutely the appropriate, responsible thing to do. Even if you are not concerned with contracting the flu, there is the risk you already have it and are carrying it thereby infecting potentially hundreds of thousands just because you wanted to spend the weekend at the beach!

Current flu kill rate is 6.2%??

when it gets to 10% I guess that means the gay community will be screwed..

Edited by Bill Hill

While I think it's a good idea to hold off travel to Mexico for the time being, we should be continuing on with our lives as normal. From all appearence it's just the flu, though a more dangerous one. Yes be aware that it's going around but all in all this is getting blown way out of proportion.

Edited by Corp

It seems like some folks are just hoping and praying for this to be the big bad one that kills lots of people off...I have been reading through a few of these threads and the same people are doing exactly what the evening news is doing; trying to turn this into the black plague. I swear, if you were to turn on the 5:00 news you would think that there were carts wandering up and down the street hollering "Bring out your dead"...

I have never seen people so willing to market so aggressively for a flu that normally kills half a million people a year anyway...and no one makes a peep. Someone names it "swine flu" and gets people riled up, and now they are selling Tshirts about it on the internet, and every conspiracy person in the world is feverishly deciding who to pin it on and hoping the numbers are big so that they can be a part of the NWO's plan to thin the herd or bushs' final attempt to drive the US into bankruptcy or whatever ...

It's the flu...similar to what was around in 1918. Big difference between then and now is that we have a crapload better medical care all over the world. Back in 1918 if you had an infected incision after surgery, or even had a little cut that got infected, you could die; they didnt even have penicillin...we have antivirals, we have IV's to replace fluids when people can't keep fluids down, we have electrolytes to replace what gets lost when people vomit...None of this stuff was available in 1918 like it is now.

The world is far far better than it was in 1918 at the time of the last pandemic. Do people die from the flu? yes, every year, half a million or so...sometimes more sometimes less. Will more people die from this flu? maybe. Will it be like 1918? not even close. In the US there are 300 million people. there has been one death. 1. And the background on that one death is sketchy...

Everyone needs to take a calm breath. Geez, washing your hands often is the best way to help yourself avoid any illness, flu included. Carry water free hand cleaner for the times when you dont have access to water. Go to the CDC website to see what the latest info is. CDC Website

Really folks, the stress you are causing yourself is far worse than the odds of getting sick warrant. Be vigilant, but don't make yourself sick worrying about something that hasnt happened and even if the worst case scenario did happen, we are far better equipped to care for people than ever in the past.

It seems like some folks are just hoping and praying for this to be the big bad one that kills lots of people off...I have been reading through a few of these threads and the same people are doing exactly what the evening news is doing; trying to turn this into the black plague. I swear, if you were to turn on the 5:00 news you would think that there were carts wandering up and down the street hollering "Bring out your dead"...

I have never seen people so willing to market so aggressively for a flu that normally kills half a million people a year anyway...and no one makes a peep. Someone names it "swine flu" and gets people riled up, and now they are selling Tshirts about it on the internet, and every conspiracy person in the world is feverishly deciding who to pin it on and hoping the numbers are big so that they can be a part of the NWO's plan to thin the herd or bushs' final attempt to drive the US into bankruptcy or whatever ...

It's the flu...similar to what was around in 1918. Big difference between then and now is that we have a crapload better medical care all over the world. Back in 1918 if you had an infected incision after surgery, or even had a little cut that got infected, you could die; they didnt even have penicillin...we have antivirals, we have IV's to replace fluids when people can't keep fluids down, we have electrolytes to replace what gets lost when people vomit...None of this stuff was available in 1918 like it is now.

The world is far far better than it was in 1918 at the time of the last pandemic. Do people die from the flu? yes, every year, half a million or so...sometimes more sometimes less. Will more people die from this flu? maybe. Will it be like 1918? not even close. In the US there are 300 million people. there has been one death. 1. And the background on that one death is sketchy...

Everyone needs to take a calm breath. Geez, washing your hands often is the best way to help yourself avoid any illness, flu included. Carry water free hand cleaner for the times when you dont have access to water. Go to the CDC website to see what the latest info is. CDC Website

Really folks, the stress you are causing yourself is far worse than the odds of getting sick warrant. Be vigilant, but don't make yourself sick worrying about something that hasnt happened and even if the worst case scenario did happen, we are far better equipped to care for people than ever in the past.

I agree totally.

There is nothing sinister happening. At this very moment pharmacutical giant Baxter International Inc. is working round the clock on a vaccine... NO NEED TO WORRY!

As reported by multiple sources last month, including the Times of India, vaccines contaminated with deadly live H5N1 avian flu virus were distributed to 18 countries last December by a lab at an Austrian branch of Baxter. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Health-...how/4230882.cms

Virus mix-up by lab could have resulted in pandemic

6 Mar 2009

It's emerged that virulent H5N1 bird flu was sent out by accident from an Austrian lab last year and given to ferrets in the Czech Republic

before anyone realised. As well as the risk of it escaping into the wild, the H5N1 got mixed with a human strain, which might have spawned a hybrid that could unleash a pandemic.

Last December, the Austrian branch of US vaccine company Baxter sent a batch of ordinary human H3N2 flu, altered so it couldn't replicate, to Avir Green Hills Biotechnology, also in Austria. In February, a lab in the Czech Republic working for Avir alerted Baxter that, unexpectedly, ferrets inoculated with the sample had died. It turned out the sample contained live H5N1, which Baxter uses to make vaccine. The two seem to have been mixed in error.

Since the probability of mixing a live virus biological weapon with vaccine material by accident is virtually impossible, this leaves no other explanation than that the contamination was a deliberate attempt to weaponize the H5N1 virus to its most potent extreme and distribute it via conventional flu vaccines to the population who would then infect others to a devastating degree as the disease went airborne. http://www.prisonplanet.com/virus-mix-up-b...n-pandemic.html

While Ive heard many people say somthing along the lines of "why worry the flu kills half a million people a year and this has only killed 150". The difference is in WHO it has killed. While it is true that the flu kills hundreds of thousands a year it is generally the very old and very young who are casualties , however what has many people worried is this flu seems to have killed just as many in the 20-45 age group.

I agree.

They are making it sound like that. I when I read that they've gone to Phase 5. I was screaming in my head: "Why don't just say we're all dead?!" Good lord.

I've been washing my hands and coughing into my sleeve. Instead of my hands like I normally do.

Virus mix-up by lab could have resulted in pandemic

6 Mar 2009

It's emerged that virulent H5N1 bird flu was sent out by accident from an Austrian lab last year and given to ferrets in the Czech Republic

before anyone realised. As well as the risk of it escaping into the wild, the H5N1 got mixed with a human strain, which might have spawned a hybrid that could unleash a pandemic.

Last December, the Austrian branch of US vaccine company Baxter sent a batch of ordinary human H3N2 flu, altered so it couldn't replicate, to Avir Green Hills Biotechnology, also in Austria. In February, a lab in the Czech Republic working for Avir alerted Baxter that, unexpectedly, ferrets inoculated with the sample had died. It turned out the sample contained live H5N1, which Baxter uses to make vaccine. The two seem to have been mixed in error.

Lovely.

Well, first off prison planet is right up there with Weekly World News in my opinion, I dont trust a thing they say unless I see it a few other places. They will print anything that pretty much anyone says...it is embarrassing. I wouldnt lean on them for proof.

using the same logic I guess the same thing has happened every year for the past hundred or so on record? The drug companies have been manufacturing the flu virus' since the beginning of time?

Are they the ones doing the common cold too?

Well, first off prison planet is right up there with Weekly World News in my opinion, I dont trust a thing they say unless I see it a few other places. They will print anything that pretty much anyone says...it is embarrassing. I wouldnt lean on them for proof.

using the same logic I guess the same thing has happened every year for the past hundred or so on record? The drug companies have been manufacturing the flu virus' since the beginning of time?

Are they the ones doing the common cold too?

No need to read prisonplanet's article:

The info is on Baxter's wiki page too. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baxter_Intern...u_contamination

2009 avian flu contamination

The Austrian pharmaceutical firm, Baxter International, sent a flu vaccine, which it had accidentally contaminated with the deadly H5N1 bird flu virus, for testing in the Czech Republic, a report said Tuesday [3/3/2009]. The Austrian firm Baxter said it contaminated the vaccine with the dangerous virus by accident, likely during packaging in Austria, the Mlada Fronta Dnes daily reported, citing Baxter's representative. Baxter shipped the infected vaccine to the Czech biomedical firm Biotest for testing on ferrets in late January. None of Biotest's employees, who had been exposed to the highly pathogenic virus for a week, contracted the disease. According to the World Health Organization figures, the bird flu has killed 254 people, mostly in Asia and Africa, including four deaths reported in Turkey. The Czech Republic's chief epidemiologist Michael Vit said that it was unclear whether the Biotest workers had been under a high risk of infection as the Czech authorities did not know how much virus the vaccine contained. Officials, however, hinted that the situation could have been serious. "Thank God it did not spread," Vit said. The Czech company managed to prevent the virus from spreading outside the lab to poultry breeds, which would have had to be culled in such an event. "If it were to spread to poultry farms it would have caused serious problems," said Josef Duben, a spokesman for the Czech State Veterinary Administration. The exposed employees were given Tamiflu medicine and have been regularly tested, Vit said. The infected ferrets had to be culled and the laboratory, which is located 70 kilometres east of the Czech capital Prague, was disinfected. [6][7] [8] [9]

[edit]