Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Air Force One Photo Opp Triggers Panic in NYC

acidhead

System of Notifying the Public Broke Down, Officials Say

By MARK CRUDELE, RICHARD ESPOSITO and LISA STARK

April 27, 2009 http://www.abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id...9287&page=1

linked-image

A photo shoot involving a 747 used as Air Force One and two fighter jets flying at low altitude led to hundreds of frightened calls from residents and workers in Lower Manhattan this morning, triggering memories of 9-11 as many evacuated their offices. The president was not aboard.

Although the shoot was authorized, the normal system of public notification broke down, multiple officials said.

"It scared a couple of million people," one airport official said.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• AROCES

• The Silver Thong

• Kimi81

..gee, the system broke down again... I wonder if anybody will be relieved of their position for the failure this time around......(not that anybody was for 911's complete failure)

..I should mention last year when the military flew live nuclear weapons over the USA a few were relieved of their duties or re assigned to another position.... hmmmm....

Really not the brightest thing to do sheesh talk about communication break down. The people of New York should have known about this days or weeks befor they pulled this stunt wow. I would have been scared as well.

Well I hope Obama's new postcard was worth it...

What's wrong with using photoshop these days? Much cheaper to.

Edited by __Kratos__

..wouldn't this fall under Terrorism? .. terrorizing a population? ... we are talking about over a million people.

Does seem like a big waste of money and manpower... I'm sure there are thousands of pic's of airforce one they could have pulled out and photoshopped it over New York. Sheesh this is the kind of spending I would flip over if I was Obama.

..wouldn't this fall under Terrorism? .. terrorizing a population? ... we are talking about over a million people.

:blink:

linked-image

Does seem like a big waste of money and manpower... I'm sure there are thousands of pic's of airforce one they could have pulled out and photoshopped it over New York. Sheesh this is the kind of spending I would flip over if I was Obama.

Guess it would have been too easy and Obama wouldn't have had claim to actually putting the plane there for his postcards. :P

Edited by __Kratos__

Did you see the big hoopla they did over Obama's swimsuit picture in People (?) magazine? Just mention of the word "shop" and people were screaming about deception.

Did you see the big hoopla they did over Obama's swimsuit picture in People (?) magazine? Just mention of the word "shop" and people were screaming about deception.

Unfortunately, I did. Why it was such a big deal, I don't know.

I can't believe they tried to make out the change of his black trunks to red trunks to be some sort of subtle racist thing.

I can't believe they tried to make out the change of his black trunks to red trunks to be some sort of subtle racist thing.

Don't forget they were supposed to have given his skin a more "golden" hue.

I had to look this up as I haven't heard of it yet lol but is this the one...

http://www.washingtonian.com/blogarticles/...ment/12153.html

That is the picture, but I don't remember what news source said that about his color. I read so many I get them confused sometimes. :P

This is just plain stupidity! You think someone would have enough sense to advise New Yorkers of this little "photo opportunity". Low flying aircraft and this city dont mix well at all. The wound is still fresh and it doesnt take much to get us back to that fateful day. I never want to revisit that day....EVER!

...thanks for derailing the thread.... though it doesn't take much to distract the sheeple... :yes:

This is just plain stupidity! You think someone would have enough sense to advise New Yorkers of this little "photo opportunity". Low flying aircraft and this city dont mix well at all. The wound is still fresh and it doesnt take much to get us back to that fateful day. I never want to revisit that day....EVER!

wait, what are you talking about?

...thanks for derailing the thread.... though it doesn't take much to distract the sheeple... :yes:

That's funny coming from a guy who sees the slightest little thing the government do as a conspiracy to doom us all, they cant even take a dump without you thinking it is a plot to terrorize civilians. :lol:

Edited by chaoszerg

wait, what are you talking about?

Sorry, I thought this topic was about the scare recieved by New Yorkers due to a low flying plane. I guess it was talk of Obamas junk that really scared them! TALK ABOUT HIJACKING A TOPIC!

Oh I agree.

Even when the airplane with the baseball player and the pipe that blew up. New Yorkers RAN. I don't blame them for it either. I would too.

Way to go, Obama. Already scaring New York City.

That's funny coming from a guy who sees the slightest little thing the government do as a conspiracy to doom us all, they cant even take a dumb without you thinking it is a plot to terrorize civilians. :lol:

It was a blunder thats forsure. The only thing sinister I can see is that yet again the U.S. government has communication problems.

It was a blunder thats forsure. The only thing sinister I can see is that yet again the U.S. government has communication problems.

Yeah i agree.... imagine, hypothetically speaking, China attacked North America... We'd probably hear about it from CNN after the invasion happened....

Well, it's no accusation of terrorism, but i do what I can... :P

Yeah i agree.... imagine, hypothetically speaking, China attacked North America... We'd probably hear about it from CNN after the invasion happened....

:lol: