Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Air Force One Photo Opp Triggers Panic in NYC

acidhead

Obama was said to be p***ed. I wonder if the guy who authorized it will be caned. A huge waste of money and needless domestic terrorism. I suspect the president will say something about it on his wednesday primetime presser.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• AROCES

• The Silver Thong

• Kimi81

Lets get down to brass "tax" here.

I want to know how much of my money this little stunt cost.

Obama was said to be p***ed. I wonder if the guy who authorized it will be caned. A huge waste of money and needless domestic terrorism. I suspect the president will say something about it on his wednesday primetime presser.

Why wasn't the president of the United States told his personal jet would be used for such an event? ..after all, it is his private jet while he's president.... weird.

Also, why did the Federal agency alert the NYCPD "with directives to local authorities not to disclose information about it" ? Why were they told not to tell the public?

Were they looking to scare people? It seems so when they kept it a secret.... something doesn't add up... was this a test on the people of NYC to see hows they would react?

There are no answers just apologies for an event that could have been avoided by simply telling the people the honest truth.

[Capt. Anna Carpenter of Andrews Air Force Base said local law enforcement agencies and the Federal Aviation Administration had been given notice of the exercise.

New York Police Deputy Commissioner Paul J. Browne said the department had been alerted to the flight by the federal agency "with directives to local authorities not to disclose information about it."]

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/US/04/27/low.f...lane/index.html

This is just plane stupidity! You think someone would have enough sense to advise New Yorkers of this little "photo opportunity". Low flying aircraft and this city dont mix well at all. The wound is still fresh and it doesnt take much to get us back to that fateful day. I never want to revisit that day....EVER!

:tu:

It’s just mind boggling that they would not disclose this info to the public. After 9-11, we New Yorkers are very gun shy when it comes to low flying aircraft. EVERYONE KNOWS THAT. You should have seen the hysteria brought on by that plane landing in the river. They should know better. Some people just don’t think or have very bad memories. At least they apologized....

It’s just mind boggling that they would not disclose this info to the public. After 9-11, we New Yorkers are very gun shy when it comes to low flying aircraft. EVERYONE KNOWS THAT. You should have seen the hysteria brought on by that plane landing in the river. They should know better. Some people just don’t think or have very bad memories. At least they apologized....

I think apologies are fine when offered with a good explanation... especially in this circumstance... local authorities, the NYCPD, were specifically told, not to tell the public... why?

..sombody's got some explaining to do....

Seems like the Obama crew are still in election mode.

I wonder if Airforce one is stinky yet LOL

Hey Acid are you sure that the police and what not were told not to discuss this? maybe a link or did I miss it?

Hey Acid are you sure that the police and what not were told not to discuss this? maybe a link or did I miss it?

Post #28

[Capt. Anna Carpenter of Andrews Air Force Base said local law enforcement agencies and the Federal Aviation Administration had been given notice of the exercise.

New York Police Deputy Commissioner Paul J. Browne said the department had been alerted to the flight by the federal agency "with directives to local authorities not to disclose information about it."]

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/US/04/27/low.f...lane/index.html

Now that you reminded me, could be that the flight crew could not stand the smell and took a shorter route. ;)

System of Notifying the Public Broke Down, Officials Say

By MARK CRUDELE, RICHARD ESPOSITO and LISA STARK

April 27, 2009 http://www.abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id...9287&page=1

linked-image

A photo shoot involving a 747 used as Air Force One and two fighter jets flying at low altitude led to hundreds of frightened calls from residents and workers in Lower Manhattan this morning, triggering memories of 9-11 as many evacuated their offices. The president was not aboard.

I saw theis featured on the news...ohh man...

Any wonder the mayor of NYC and Obama were going cookooo furious over this IDIOT stunt...I mean WTF??? what put it into their sad lil heads that this was a good idea???...Was it a case of - pass the brain cell?? :huh:

Some people are seriously lacking brains and common sense.........I sure hope they get fired and heads ROLL.........what an inconsiderate IDIOT thing to do.............

A lot of American are still trying to push it behind them, and they are finding it hard, because the 9/11 was the biggest disaster they have ever seen.......and these IDIOTS go and pull a stunt like this???

Cretins...lol there are no real words to describe how stupid they are............. :rolleyes:sadly science cannot come up with a vaccine to help such stupidity

Edited by Beckys_Mom

:blink:

linked-image

Perfect pic to describe it :P

linked-image <--- the Federal aviation authority

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Someone asked how much this cost. I found a few separate places thats said "It's unclear how much the stunt cost taxpayers, but officials said earlier this year that flying Air Force One comes with a $40,000-per-hour price tag". Louis Caldera, director of the White House Military Office was the person who Okayed the flight.

On a side note, this morning on my way to work a local radio station played some of the 911 calls that they got when some of the New Yorkers saw the planes, and It was heartbreaking. You could hear people crying and absolutely freaking out when they saw the planes. People were evacuating their buildings, and you could hear people in the back ground screaming "not again" "not again" :unsure:

Edited by Sho_Sho

Someone asked how much this cost. I found a few separate places thats said "It's unclear how much the stunt cost taxpayers, but officials said earlier this year that flying Air Force One comes with a $40,000-per-hour price tag". Louis Caldera, director of the White House Military Office was the person who Okayed the flight.

On a side note, this morning on my way to work a local radio station played some of the 911 calls that they got when some of the New Yorkers saw the planes, and It was heartbreaking. You could hear people crying and absolutely freaking out when they saw the planes. People were evacuating their buildings, and you could hear people in the back ground screaming "not again" "not again" :unsure:

It all comes rushing back in a hurry.

Well I hope Obama's new postcard was worth it...

What's wrong with using photoshop these days? Much cheaper to.

I was wondering how long into the thread it would take for someone to blame this incident on Obama :rolleyes:

I was wondering how long into the thread it would take for someone to blame this incident on Obama :rolleyes:

Obama is not to blame.in fact OBAMA is furious over it...heads will roll... :yes:

why would air force one be "stinky"? care to explain? :mellow:

Listen up people LOL....news reports said the following on Obama....

Obama "Furious" Over Air Force One Photo-Op

An official says that White House Military Office Director Louis Caldera has not yet been called to the presidential woodshed, but that President Obama did have - what the official termed - "an appropriately-toned conversation" about the flyover incident with Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel.

Caldera apologized yesterday "for any distress the flight caused."

The White House has out the word that Mr. Obama was "furious" that some New Yorkers had been scared by the unannounced low-level flyover by one of the 747s that serve as Air Force One, followed by an F-16 warplane.

News Source --> http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/04/28/po...ry4973830.shtml

So how was Obama to blame?? :huh:

why would air force one be "stinky"? care to explain? :mellow:

During the election the a (Republican ;) ) reporter put out a news story bashing Obama and alluding that he was unfit to be President because his press plane had a problem with overcrowding, therefore making the sewage backed up and the smell flooded the airplane. :rolleyes: The story was widely critisized for being petty and irrelivent but the right still holds on to it and pulls it out every once in a while to console themselves over loosing the Presidency to Obama and his smelly Airplane.

Listen up people LOL....news reports said the following on Obama....

Obama "Furious" Over Air Force One Photo-Op

An official says that White House Military Office Director Louis Caldera has not yet been called to the presidential woodshed, but that President Obama did have - what the official termed - "an appropriately-toned conversation" about the flyover incident with Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel.

Caldera apologized yesterday "for any distress the flight caused."

The White House has out the word that Mr. Obama was "furious" that some New Yorkers had been scared by the unannounced low-level flyover by one of the 747s that serve as Air Force One, followed by an F-16 warplane.

News Source --> http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/04/28/po...ry4973830.shtml

So how was Obama to blame?? :huh:

:tu:Thank you BM I'm glad you posted this, there would've been a thread popping up soon about how Obama was not only the cause of this, but planned for it to happen to scare millions of people just for kicks....you know since he's so evil and all ;)

During the election the a (Republican ;) ) reporter put out a news story bashing Obama and alluding that he was unfit to be President because his press plane had a problem with overcrowding, therefore making the sewage backed up and the smell flooded the airplane. :rolleyes: The story was widely critisized for being petty and irrelivent but the right still holds on to it and pulls it out every once in a while to console themselves over loosing the Presidency to Obama and his smelly Airplane.

You got it...

Man I feel for those people in New York, talk about your worst nightmare happening again Yikes. I'm glad Obama is mad about this, it wasn't his call but who ever ok'ed this should be fired large.

:tu:Thank you BM I'm glad you posted this, there would've been a thread popping up soon about how Obama was not only the cause of this, but planned for it to happen to scare millions of people just for kicks....you know since he's so evil and all ;)

*takes a bow* LMAO it was my pleasure. :D ..AND it was not hard to find LMAO..........I watched the news and heard the reporter claim Obama was furious over this... :P

THink about it girly...every last president elected..there is always someone that will say he is evil LMAO...no one is ever really happy LOL..........they would be if I was in power LMAO.....Like I once said...If I were in power...we wouldnt be at war with any country...naaaahhh...I would just stop speaking to them...put that country and its leader on IGNORE :w00t::lol: Can you imagine it???

IE - say for example --> Russia declares war on USA....Whitehouse reports - President BM has put Russian president on ignore.....BM says the USA is no longer on speaking terms :lol:

We woman dont like fighting LMAO

Edited by Beckys_Mom

hmmmm....thanks for clearing that up. ^_^

It's so funny that people aren't blaming this on Obama...after all it was HIS plane. When Bush was in office he was supposed to have his thumb on everything that happened, in every state, in every city, in every county, in the US and was blamed for the most elusive of things. :P

Here is a perfect example of a spin or rewriting facts.

A reporter who has been following the Obama campaign complained about how disorganized the Obama campaign staff is and that the chartered plane of Obama was untidy and it smells.

That is basically it. I know for I was the one who started the forum.

The republican reporter(according to you) did not mention any sewage. Nice try Kim81.