Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Best, Worst, & Most Ridiculous Tattoos

Still Waters

I got this around my right ankle. I'm a huge LOTR/Tolkien fan...been for years. The tat is my sons' and my names written in Elvish and the triquetra bascially symbolizes the bond me and my boys have :)

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enigmatic Ghost

• _Nyx_

• sarah snow

• schizoidwoman

I got this around my right ankle. I'm a huge LOTR/Tolkien fan...been for years. The tat is my sons' and my names written in Elvish and the triquetra bascially symbolizes the bond me and my boys have :)

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

That is one awesome ankle Tattoo Ms. Nyx, I mean that, that artist is a very talented artist there, keep him or her, that is your name Elvish, that Just rox, and the bonding of you and your sons, that makes the who experience even more very special, Both of my Daughter went down and had Fairies Tattoo upon them as a Sister bonding event, turned out really cool as well. That just is way cool, yah keep track of that artist. Well back to being a Rebellious Amish man B) , Put thine Ankle Flesh away Your Lady, it is sinfully naughty. :P

Pavot

For my sons 18th birthday, I got him the tattoo he's wanted for quite awhile. You wouldn't believe the crap I've gotten from people about it. He's 18...he chose it, modified the design, and chose to put it somewhere that could be covered up. I made him wait until he turned 18...the decision would be his, not mine, to live with. He loves it and so do I. He picked a real tender place for it though :P hurt like hell :ph34r:

Good call, Nyx. I've said since my daughter was born that when she's older and decides she wants a tattoo, it's going to depend on her age and maturity level. I can't remember for sure, but here in OR, I believe the youngest they can get tat'd at a shop is 16, with parental consent/signature. If when she's 16, she wants one, and I feel she's mature enough to understand that it's a permanent thing; then I'll consent to it, AFTER I have had final say in what she gets and where it's placed. If she doesn't want to abide by that, or I feel that she's not mature enough yet, then she can just wait til she's 18. I'm not worried about her dad saying she can when I've already vetoed it, since he's determined that she's not even allowed to wear skirts. LOL (he's only half joking) Tat's would probably make the vein in his forehead explode. :lol: Piercings will be a little different, cause they can always come out if need be. But anything beyond the ears is also going to be at the youngest, 16.

Good call, Nyx. I've said since my daughter was born that when she's older and decides she wants a tattoo, it's going to depend on her age and maturity level. I can't remember for sure, but here in OR, I believe the youngest they can get tat'd at a shop is 16, with parental consent/signature. If when she's 16, she wants one, and I feel she's mature enough to understand that it's a permanent thing; then I'll consent to it, AFTER I have had final say in what she gets and where it's placed. If she doesn't want to abide by that, or I feel that she's not mature enough yet, then she can just wait til she's 18. I'm not worried about her dad saying she can when I've already vetoed it, since he's determined that she's not even allowed to wear skirts. LOL (he's only half joking) Tat's would probably make the vein in his forehead explode. :lol: Piercings will be a little different, cause they can always come out if need be. But anything beyond the ears is also going to be at the youngest, 16.

Both my boys wanted an ear pierced really young...I think they were 8 and 11 when I finally let them do it. Gawd, I recieved all kinds of flack for that one....their grandpa went and bought them both a skirt. Caused quite the uproar. The younger one let his grow shut, but the 18 year old still has his and an additional one up in the cartilage. He wanted to get his tongue done, but I voted that one down. I think he's glad I did, later he came and said a couple of his friends did it and they couldn't talk right and it hurt! LOL