Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The 2012 apocalypse and how to stop it

UM-Bot

Ugh I hoped it didn't have to come to this.

I'm afraid if we are to survive, we Must blow up our sun...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chaoszerg

• HerNibs

• bee

• 3rd rock resident alien

Lol get rid of the Sun...get rid of us..well not really but it kinda is our source of energy...

Not sure if anyone has brought this topic up...but anyone think that the Mayan predicition is a coincidence?

You never know...

Edited by BlackPoison94

Lol get rid of the Sun...get rid of us..well not really but it kinda is our source of energy...

Not sure if anyone has brought this topic up...but anyone think that the Mayan predicition is a coincidence?

You never know...

What Mayan prediction? You mean where the calendar cycle ends? NO.

Do a search for Mayan prediction or calendar. You should get all of you questions answered.

HN

I have to agree with Mako - if you read the article you will see that the 2010-2012 (they aren't sure even of when or if this "apocalypse" is even gonna happen) Maximum will be much less than the 1958 Maximum...gee, I do believe that we survived that particular event without the world (or even civilization) ending. A further research shows that there is a heated debate going on among those scientists specializing in solar activity, divided about 50/50 on the matter. You have to remember that we had a 70 year period (called the maunder minimum) in the 17th/18th century where there was little or no sunspot/solar storm activity. This period coincided with the most intense period of the "Little Ice Age". As a member of the Armed Forces I have not noticed any preparation for an impending disaster, which this close to the "apocalypse", we would be able to see.

Lol...okay...I was just mentioning it...cause they just had a nack of predicting things e.g. eclipses.

Prepared, and looking forward to it. Hope it happens--can anyone say, "Population control"? How nice it will be. I'll actually get to see the stars at night. In all reality though, this needs to happen. We need to be put back in our place, and to realize just how powerful nature is, and how helpless we are without our technology. (Of course, if you know how to go on without it, you'll be just fine. Problem (or answer?) is, so very few people know how.)

I thought I was the only one who wanted something like this to happen. I fully agree with your post. I also want fire arms and bombs to be destroyed. Then those cowards such as terrorists can experience the wrath of nature. ^^

I mean in a civilization there needs to be order. And fire arms should only be used for that. Sadly alot of fire arms fall into the wrong hands. School shootings for example. So I wouldn't even mind seeing those damn things destroyed. Or making them IMPOSSIBLE to get for normal citizens.

In the long turn guns just cause problems. Sure I hear you say "then more stabbings will occur" true, but more lifes can be saved because a person with a knife in his hands is way more easier to overpower then a person with a gun in his hands. Especially if you had some sort of training. SADLY alot of people don't have training, or those who do use them for the wrong goals, or other people just remain cowards and don't help another human being.

If technology will be wiped out there will obviously be an incredible amount of chaos. Alot of people trying to kill eachother...etc. How will this turn out if there are no more police and stuff?

Edited by Deceiver

So you're telling me that even if we all survive swine flu, we're going to die anyway? Are you freakin' kidding me!?

No, but seriously. I doubt 2012 is much to worry about, if at all. Especially if we've been here before, all we've got to worry about is Harte's extra eye and toes.

I reckon I'd manage fairly well if something like this happened, I live in the country, I could go feral. Because that's just what this world needs, more feral teenagers.

I thought I was the only one who wanted something like this to happen. I fully agree with your post. I also want fire arms and bombs to be destroyed. Then those cowards such as terrorists can experience the wrath of nature. ^^

I mean in a civilization there needs to be order. And fire arms should only be used for that. Sadly alot of fire arms fall into the wrong hands. School shootings for example. So I wouldn't even mind seeing those damn things destroyed. Or making them IMPOSSIBLE to get for normal citizens.

In the long turn guns just cause problems. Sure I hear you say "then more stabbings will occur" true, but more lifes can be saved because a person with a knife in his hands is way more easier to overpower then a person with a gun in his hands. Especially if you had some sort of training. SADLY alot of people don't have training, or those who do use them for the wrong goals, or other people just remain cowards and don't help another human being.

If technology will be wiped out there will obviously be an incredible amount of chaos. Alot of people trying to kill eachother...etc. How will this turn out if there are no more police and stuff?

I have to agree about fire arms, though because bombs are so easily made in your basement it's kind of hard to traffic those. I also hear the "then more stabbings will occur" argument, or the "I have a right to have such and such", but when people fudge up, people tend to forget that they ruin it for everyone else too (not that they care, right?). You can hunt just fine without a rifle, people did it for thousands of years before the gun was invented, and we sure can do it again too. Reminds me of a post somewhere else where someone mentioned that lawn darts had been banned because of stupid people. :/ You don't need a gun to feel secure, you don't need a gun to show you have rights, you don't need a gun for anything other than securing our nature as a violent species.

But I say let people go kill one another at first, heartless, sure, but it's not impossible to protect yourself. My plan is to move back into the country with my relatives, because living as a family in the deep woods is so much more productive than having only yourself. You get that much more work done, and best of all, you're not as likely to be targeted by a mad-man looking to take all your goods and first borns. People are going to die regardless, and that's just the way things go. People die. Some in ways worse than others, but death is inescapable.

So you're telling me that even if we all survive swine flu, we're going to die anyway? Are you freakin' kidding me!?

No, but seriously. I doubt 2012 is much to worry about, if at all. Especially if we've been here before, all we've got to worry about is Harte's extra eye and toes.

I reckon I'd manage fairly well if something like this happened, I live in the country, I could go feral. Because that's just what this world needs, more feral teenagers.

Don't forget 2012 is riddled with craziness all over. There's also an asteroid that's predicted to come within the range of earth's gravitational pull on Friday the 13th, 2012. It's not for certain if it's going to hit or not.

It's only 2009, we have four more years to endure. :P

Don't forget 2012 is riddled with craziness all over. There's also an asteroid that's predicted to come within the range of earth's gravitational pull on Friday the 13th, 2012. It's not for certain if it's going to hit or not.

It's only 2009, we have four more years to endure. :P

OMG Friday 13th 2012?!?! My brain might actually overload from all of the superstitous-ness rolled together in one sentence! XD

(...is the asteroid big?)

OMG Friday 13th 2012?!?! My brain might actually overload from all of the superstitous-ness rolled together in one sentence! XD

(...is the asteroid big?)

My bad. XDD It was 2029. I had three of the numbers right. (I did that with my car insurance yesterday too...)

http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news146.html Here's summat about it though.

My bad. XDD It was 2029. I had three of the numbers right. (I did that with my car insurance yesterday too...)

http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news146.html Here's summat about it though.

Ahahaha! Maybe it doesn't have quite such a stigma attached to it, then. :P

400m... *clears throat* WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!!

I mean, uh, interesting article.

This is rubbish. NASA never put out any such report. This is an urban legend that was cooked up to make the 2012 threat sound legit. No one ever has a good link or resource for this belief and even a quick Google search shows only conspiricy theorys being discussed in the backrooms of the internet.

Thank you, I was wondering who would be the first to call this out.

NASA never released this news.

And some of you seriously need to calm down.

I am sorry but we all know that the earth will collapse upon itself and be destroyed by the negativity of skeptics on 2012, we witnessed that terrible power when we destroyed the federation of light, so 2012 will be the day when our scepticism will bring about the apocalypse.

Ugh I hoped it didn't have to come to this.

I'm afraid if we are to survive, we Must blow up our sun...

Cherus that is such a cute avator you have there LOL

Cherus that is such a cute avator you have there LOL

Ahah thanks Moon Demon!

When i saw the video of that cat, I had to make it my avatar! ahah

Thank you, I was wondering who would be the first to call this out.

NASA never released this news.

And some of you seriously need to calm down.

Umm, just in case it wasn't clear, all of my posts to the effect of 'omg we're gonna die' are entirely sarcastic. I am completely calm. :P

• 1 month later...
Image credit: NASA

Image credit: NASA

NASA researchers earlier this year released a report detailing the devastating potential of massive solar storms due in 2012 as well as the environmental and economic damage that solar flares could wreak upon the Earth.

"For scary speculation about the end of civilization in 2012, people usually turn to followers of cryptic Mayan prophecy, not scientists. But that’s exactly what a group of NASA-assembled researchers described in a chilling report issued earlier this year on the destructive potential of solar storms."

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | linked-imageSource: Wired

watch 1-6

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KGg0BWFb-4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KGg0BWFb-4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KGg0BWFb-4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

watch 1-6

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KGg0BWFb-4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KGg0BWFb-4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KGg0BWFb-4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

I'm guessing this is a YouTube?

No, I'm not going to watch.

You summarize and tell us what YOU think.

HN