Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What to read?

dagda

I am intrested in the ghost phenomenon. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a book which I could read for more info?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Keel M.

• Leah G.

• Staceyinfo

• dagda

Hmmm...my first reply did not go through. Let me try this again- I said that a really informative yet funny book is Will Storr vs. The Supernatural.

I just read a good book, Personally Haunted. It's availble on line at various book stores.

Perhaps not specifically 'ghost book' I'd say, but worth a look;

* Dimensions - Jacques Vallee

* The Trickster and The Paranormal - George Hansen

* Daimonic Reality - Patrick Harpur

'Dimensions' is mostly a UFO book, but the author connects UFO's to ghosts, poltergeists, cryptids and so on. The same could be said with the other two, 'The Trickster' focusing on psionics and 'Daimonic Reality' on psychology. Worth a look.

Read Ghost Hunter: William James and the Search for Scientific Proof of Life After Death. I cannot recomend this book enough. Anyone interested in paranormal research and investigation should check it out, because it will give you a historic point of view on the field. It chronicles the psychologist and philosopher William James in the 1800s and his involvement with ASPR...the american society for psychical research...and their investigation of the spiritualist movement, mediums, hauntings....it is a great read.

I suggest Harry Price, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's spiritualism stuff, maybe some books on poltergeists too, Nandor Fodor, William G. Roll. If yu want to go back a bit, anything by members of the SPR like Lodge, Sedgewick, etc.

Hmmm...my first reply did not go through. Let me try this again- I said that a really informative yet funny book is Will Storr vs. The Supernatural.

I'll second that, it's really entertaining!

The Dimension is a very good book as Senator said

Thanks

B???

THe Weird 100 (Steven Spignesi)

Unexplained! Strange Sightings, Incredible Occurrences & and Puzzling Physical Phenomenon (Jerome Clark)

Both books are on all sorts of paranormal stuff - and they have specific chapters and sections dedicated to ghosts, demons, poltergeists, and possessions.

Both are great books two, I've read The Weird 100 at least twice :)