Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Glow-in-the-Dark Puppies Cloned

sarah snow

South Korean scientists have used cloning techniques to create glow-in-the-dark dogs.

The four puppies look like typical beagles by day but glow red under ultraviolet light.

linked-imageRead more...

Put this here as personally I don't consider it to be part of the 'Natural World'- but Mods do feel free to move it if you feel it would be better served being placed elsewhere.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InfraredCow

• sarah snow

• Meiliken

• MirrorImage

They are not "glow in the dark."

that phrase is not only innacurate, but carries with it many connotations that are not true.

Red beagles... the less frightening hound of hell.

that phrase is not only innacurate, but carries with it many connotations that are not true.

That's the media for you, I always take what they say with a pinch of salt to be honest ;)

I wonder if our generations will be the last ones to be totally the result of natural sexual reproduction? It's only a matter of time before people start messing with their kids' eye color, skin color, intelligence, sports ability, etc. Once it starts everyone will feel compelled to do it so that their offspring can "compete" with their scientifically engineered contemporaries.

Yep.Their not glow in the dark,Glow in the dark means to glow under its own power not using some black light or other light sorce.

I wonder if our generations will be the last ones to be totally the result of natural sexual reproduction? It's only a matter of time before people start messing with their kids' eye color, skin color, intelligence, sports ability, etc. Once it starts everyone will feel compelled to do it so that their offspring can "compete" with their scientifically engineered contemporaries.

God that bothers me. Doesn't that just feel so insulting? I hate the word "personalize"... people are so selfish.

Well, my teeth glows in the dark under a black light! :o

But seriously, having to do this as a precursor to create human diseased dogs is a horrible thought.

Bet my sister'll want one. The ultimate pet - glow in the dark puppies!!!

Well, if they did actually glow in the dark as opposed to going red under ultraviolet.

Well, my teeth glows in the dark under a black light! :o

The old glowing plaque joke! (drum roll) Tadum, dum.

Frankly, a bigger accomplishment would be if they could breed a dog that didn't sh|t or p|ss all over the house. Actually they could make it so their S & P glowed in the dark.

Edited by jbondo

I am sick of these "glo" animals. ****ing do it to your own damn kids, Jesus.

Can someone give me a shovel, some garden sheers, and a Rottweiler? I'll do it. I swear.

For genetic mutants, they sure are cute.. ^_^

That's the advancement of the human race. To try to perfect what we already are.

God that bothers me. Doesn't that just feel so insulting? I hate the word "personalize"... people are so selfish.

The same can be said about people who are selfish that they don't want to advance the human race closer to perfection. I fully endorse any advancement to the human race. If it can one day promote global unity, then it is truly a good thing.

The same can be said about people who are selfish that they don't want to advance the human race closer to perfection. I fully endorse any advancement to the human race. If it can one day promote global unity, then it is truly a good thing.

Yes designer pets and babies will promote unity, those with the cash to get their personalized babies, kids, guppies ect made will unite agaist those too poor to do it. A few generations down the road, only the rich will survive. Then human nature will kick their butts, and they will start wars to cure their bordem, rich group A will want the nano tech that rich group B invented ect ect.

Yes indeedy, I see this as a real step forward, now where the heck did I put my dayglow dachshund?

That's the advancement of the human race. To try to perfect what we already are.

Yes, lets create PERFECTLY greedy ignorant people who cant see that natures imperfections are what made it perfect. After all nature is so imperfect that it hasnt survived without our help all this time.

Edited by MirrorImage

I hate humanity. I wish the breed would fail -- not as in turn to hell, but as in just cease to exist. There are so many problems.

I am all for unity, but that will never happen, especially with expanding choices like that. That's disgusting.

I hate humanity. I wish the breed would fail -- not as in turn to hell, but as in just cease to exist. There are so many problems.

I am all for unity, but that will never happen, especially with expanding choices like that. That's disgusting.

I hate to admit it, but I second that sentiment.

I hate to admit it, but I second that sentiment.

And I second your's, you're spot on.